Re: The Team Sheet

Mon May 14, 2018 9:40 am

Who are the fullback(S)

Mon May 14, 2018 9:42 am

Lee tomlin is a fat waste of space

Mon May 14, 2018 9:43 am

Vincent Man wrote:Who are the fullback(S)

We're playing without any. Bennett is going to be playing in midfield and we are going with a back 2. :thumbright:

Mon May 14, 2018 10:40 am

Oops I forgot the right back. I was going to put Gary Madine right back.

Mon May 14, 2018 4:51 pm

I think we will probably go 5-4-1 next season.
I cant see too many changes defensively apart from extra a extra centre back and a right back for cover.
Two wingers and centre midfielders with a lone striker.

Cant see us using this seasons 433 it leaves us too open to counter attacks and we will get punished at a higher level.

Mon May 14, 2018 6:44 pm

I think our current back 5 is fine, although we need one more keeper to compete with Etheridge, one more left back to give Bennett competition and one more centre back to give Bamba, Manga and Morrison competition. I think the right backs are fine, Peltier will still be solid enough defensively in the Premiership and Jazz will be like a new signing if he stays fit.

I think we need 2 new centre midfielders alongside Ralls. Ryan Woods and Joe Allen would be my choices. Paterson, Gunnarsson and Damour are decent back ups.

We need 2 new wingers to compete with Hoilett and Mendez-Laing. I think Warnock will loan Kadeem Harris out as he hasn't been in the squad since that Soda Bar incident.

We need 1 new striker to compete with Zohore, as surely Madine will be offloaded now. We have Pilkington as well, who I still think could feature in the Premiership.

That's 8 new signings I think we will need, although some of these can be loans or freebies of course. If Warnock is true to his word and only brings in 6 new players, I fear we will be short in certain areas.

Mon May 14, 2018 7:00 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I think our current back 5 is fine, although we need one more keeper to compete with Etheridge, one more left back to give Bennett competition and one more centre back to give Bamba, Manga and Morrison competition. I think the right backs are fine, Peltier will still be solid enough defensively in the Premiership and Jazz will be like a new signing if he stays fit.

I think we need 2 new centre midfielders alongside Ralls. Ryan Woods and Joe Allen would be my choices. Paterson, Gunnarsson and Damour are decent back ups.

We need 2 new wingers to compete with Hoilett and Mendez-Laing. I think Warnock will loan Kadeem Harris out as he hasn't been in the squad since that Soda Bar incident.

We need 1 new striker to compete with Zohore, as surely Madine will be offloaded now. We have Pilkington as well, who I still think could feature in the Premiership.

That's 8 new signings I think we will need, although some of these can be loans or freebies of course. If Warnock is true to his word and only brings in 6 new players, I fear we will be short in certain areas.

Yeah they would have to be 6 players who would be top quality first name on the teamsheet types, no club ever has a 100% strike rate with their signings.

Joe Allan seems a no brainier to me, can we afford him ? Would he choose us over someone like West Ham? No idea but we have to try surely.

Disagree with the right back personally. I think we can look to Fulham to cure any issues on both sides of the defense, Matt target would be a top quality singing.... but wouldn’t surprise me if he kept traore, and Bennett has to be given a chance next season.

As for the wide areas, it’s a concern, hoilett is the only one I have any confidence in and there are question marks over him at this level too, Snodgrass would be quality but isn’t the type of wide player that fits into the way we currently play, someone perhaps like olly Burke or maybe even Jordan ibe who doesn’t seem to start too often at Bournemouth....

Andre grey would be a good signing up too I think

Mon May 14, 2018 7:40 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I think our current back 5 is fine, although we need one more keeper to compete with Etheridge, one more left back to give Bennett competition and one more centre back to give Bamba, Manga and Morrison competition. I think the right backs are fine, Peltier will still be solid enough defensively in the Premiership and Jazz will be like a new signing if he stays fit.

Yeah they would have to be 6 players who would be top quality first name on the teamsheet types, no club ever has a 100% strike rate with their signings.

Joe Allan seems a no brainier to me, can we afford him ? Would he choose us over someone like West Ham? No idea but we have to try surely.

Disagree with the right back personally. I think we can look to Fulham to cure any issues on both sides of the defense, Matt target would be a top quality singing.... but wouldn’t surprise me if he kept traore, and Bennett has to be given a chance next season.

As for the wide areas, it’s a concern, hoilett is the only one I have any confidence in and there are question marks over him at this level too, Snodgrass would be quality but isn’t the type of wide player that fits into the way we currently play, someone perhaps like olly Burke or maybe even Jordan ibe who doesn’t seem to start too often at Bournemouth....

Andre grey would be a good signing up too I think

Joe Allen has a relegation release clause of, wait for it, 25 million! :o

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/05/13/sp ... hould-ste/

I'm surprised he's only just turned 28, I thought he was in his 30's!

Anyway, think he's a little out of our price range. :lol: