Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Liam Feeney "

Tue May 15, 2018 7:01 am

Newly Promoted Blackburn Rovers (Championship) have released Liam Feeney
Winger Liam Feeney, aged 32, spent most of the season on loan at Premier League bound Cardiff, playing 16 times
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " Liam Feeney "

Tue May 15, 2018 12:29 pm

Ex-Bolton Wanderers and Cardiff City winger released by Blackburn Rovers - The72

15/05/18

Liam Feeney has been released by Blackburn Rovers, according to BBC Sport.

The 31-year-old’s contract with Tony Mowbray’s side is due to expire next month and he will not be offered a new deal. Blackburn Rovers will also let Eliott Ward leave at the expiry of his contract but are in talks with Craig Conway and Danny Graham over new deals.

Feeney has spent this season on loan at Cardiff City and played 16 times for the Bluebirds side who were promoted to the Premier League after finishing second in the league under Neil Warnock behind Wolves.

He is not part of Blackburn’s plans for the future and become a free agent. He is an experienced winger so is likely to have clubs sniffing around him in the summer.

Feeney started his career in non-league with Hayes and Salisbury City before moving to the Football League on loan with Southend United in 2008. He was then snapped up by Bournemouth and played over 100 games for the Cherries, helping them get promoted from League Two in 2010.

He was then signed by Millwall in the Championship in 2011 but spent time on loan at Bolton Wanderers and Blackburn Rovers during his time at the Den. He was released by the Lions in 2014 so joined Bolton on a permanent deal.

Feeney was a key player for Bolton in the 2014/15 season but was loaned out to their fellow Championship side Ipswich Town for part of the next campaign. The winger then left the Trotters to re-join Blackburn in June 2016. However, after their relegation to League One last season, Feeney moved back to the Championship on loan to Cardiff City.

Tue May 15, 2018 2:23 pm

Thought he did alright for us and I have no idea why he didn't feature more towards the end of the season. Not up to Premiership level, but he did his bit for us and his assist for Danny Ward's equaliser away to Fulham proved huge. I wish him well wherever he ends up.

Tue May 15, 2018 2:55 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Thought he did alright for us and I have no idea why he didn't feature more towards the end of the season. Not up to Premiership level, but he did his bit for us and his assist for Danny Ward's equaliser away to Fulham proved huge. I wish him well wherever he ends up.

Agree that the fifteen minute cameo at Fulham was a huge contribution. He changed the game when he came on. Also hit the bar (accidently?) as well as providing the cross for the equaliser. Didn't do a lot else through the season but the three point turn around was the difference between us going up automatically and Fulham. Thank you and good luck Liam.