Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Vince Alm: "Sunday 13th May 2018 I was lucky enough"

Tue May 15, 2018 7:43 am

VINCE ALM:

Sunday 13th May 2018 I was lucky enough to get a personal invite off Cardiff City Football club to join the players and staff on one of the open top buses for the promotion parade.

I got to meet the first team squad and staff along with their families which was an honour. They are a great bunch and very down to earth. I took my camera along and decided not to take pictures of the players as there are plenty of images of them all over the media and social media. I also didn't want to intrude on what was some private time with their family although I'm sure they would be fine if I had.

I wanted to use this opportunity to take as many pictures as I could of you the supporters who turn out year in year out and support the team. You the supporters are the most important people in this football club in my opinion and its a honour for me to represent you. It was incredibly emotional for me and I was close to tears when the buses came into our heartland Canton!

Looking down Cowbridge Road at the thousands of supporters who had turned out to cheer the boys on was stunning, and to see so many of you that I know personally with that joy and happiness on your faces, are images that will stay with me for the rest of my life. I thought for a moment about the supporters who had passed away in recent years including my Dad among them. I was so proud of you all yesterday done our club proud.

I'm no David Bailey but I have done my best to capture some of those moments from yesterday. Feel free to tag yourselves in any pic. like to thank Ali Yassine for allowing me on one of the castle towers to film and take some pictures, and to Ken Choo for everything he does for us and the club.

Thank you all for a great season enjoy these moments they are rare events :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Vince Alm: "Sunday 13th May 2018 I was lucky enough "

Tue May 15, 2018 7:44 am

VINCE ALM:

Sunday 13th May 2018 I was lucky enough to get a personal invite off Cardiff City Football club to join the players and staff on one of the open top buses for the promotion parade.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue May 15, 2018 7:45 am

VINCE ALM:

Tue May 15, 2018 7:46 am

VINCE ALM:

Tue May 15, 2018 7:47 am

VINCE ALM:

Tue May 15, 2018 7:48 am

VINCE ALM:

Re: Vince Alm: "Sunday 13th May 2018 I was lucky enough"

Tue May 15, 2018 9:03 am

Top man Vince, you do the club proud mate. A great ambassador. :ayatollah: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Tue May 15, 2018 9:21 am

Buzzing I can see myself in one of these haha. Top work! Great pictures!

Tue May 15, 2018 10:12 am

Nice pictures Vince..keep up the good work

Tue May 15, 2018 5:16 pm

Thought I saw Vince on top of the castle :)

Tue May 15, 2018 7:25 pm

You weren't lucky vince you deserve to be on that bus you put a lot of work into Cardiff City year in year out well done mate

Tue May 15, 2018 7:45 pm

Fully deserved too. He puts an unbelievable amount of work in which deserves real appreciation by the club and fans alike. Great photos too. :bluebird:

Tue May 15, 2018 8:45 pm

Red Bird Vince takes a ride on a blue bus :lol: Amazing what priveledge you get for banging a silly drum

Tue May 15, 2018 9:12 pm

Don't always agree with his posts but you can't fault the guy for the work he puts in. Hope he enjoyed.

Tue May 15, 2018 9:14 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Don't always agree with his posts but you can't fault the guy for the work he puts in. Hope he enjoyed.

Blakey Blue

Wed May 16, 2018 8:02 am

Daya wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Don't always agree with his posts but you can't fault the guy for the work he puts in. Hope he enjoyed.

Blakey Blue

on the buses...good 1

Wed May 16, 2018 11:17 am

Agree with you, He puts in incredible effort for both city and Wales ( I believe ).
I don't always agree with his posts / Comments but he always wants what's best for the club. :ayatollah:
I think I spotted Gareth Rees too!

Thu May 17, 2018 11:56 pm

I guess fixing the Domino's Pizza half time draw wasn't enough for him! Needed a free bus ride too!

Fri May 18, 2018 12:33 am

Inner circle nonsense. Get on the pavement with the rest of the supporters and stop thinking you aare something soecual/different.

Embarrassing everytime your on the Championshiop on Channel 5. You are not a spokesman for me or the club, so stop behaving as if you are.

Sat May 19, 2018 12:36 pm

I bumped into Vince at the CCS a couple of months ago on a Friday night. He was on his own, going to practice on his drum. It’s this unrivalled dedication that I admire and I’m glad his effort and dedication have been rewarded by the club. A genuinely top bloke! :bluebird: