' Cardiff City Are Named 2017/18 '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Cardiff City Are Named 2017/18 '

Postby Forever Blue » Wed May 16, 2018 2:22 pm

Cardiff City named 2017/18 Sky Bet Championship's best away day experience for away fans visiting Cardiff City Stadium.

Cardiff City FC

Wednesday 16th May 2018


Cardiff City, Wigan Athletic and Notts County have been announced as the divisional winners of the EFL’s 2017/18 Away Fan Experience Campaign.

The Bluebirds came out on top of the Championship survey, "praised for their excellent and comprehensive Away Fans’ Guide, described as ‘professional, informative and a valuable resource for travelling fans’.

"The Club’s Supporter Liaison Officer (SLO) also received praise for pre-match communication, with stewards and facilities for visiting supporters also scoring well."

Over 1.5 million away fans have attended matches across the EFL for the second successive season, with attendances continuing at their highest levels over the course of the last decade as more supporters enjoy trips up and down the country to follow their Club.

Throughout the course of 2017/18 season, the experiences of away fans have again been gathered from visits spanning all 72 EFL Clubs.



Launched in 2016/17, the campaign aims to uncover examples of positive away-day experiences amongst supporters, offering EFL Clubs a unique insight into the quality of experience fans have when visiting their home stadium and Clubs’ efforts to engage away visitors.

Fans report back on a number of touchpoints ranging from information provided and first impressions; to match day welcome, quality of refreshments and the inside the stadium experience.

Across the visits this season, many Clubs received praise for the quality of stewarding provided, and the positive and friendly approach adopted in greeting and looking after fans during the away experience. Based on the feedback gathered from fans, the experiences at the twenty four clubs in each division were assessed and narrowed down to produce one overall winner in each division.

In recognising the awards, Shaun Harvey, EFL Chief Executive, said: “Having both home and away supporters in the stadium is a crucial part of any match day experience, creating atmosphere, vibrancy and colour in stadiums up and down the country week in, week out.

“The EFL is proud to support those football fans who follow their Clubs on the road each season and I would like to congratulate all of the clubs who have been recognised through these Awards for their commitment to welcoming supporters of opposing Clubs in a positive manner.


“Last season, over 1.5million away-day match tickets were sold as fans followed their respective Clubs. It is this kind of dedication and strength of following across the three divisions of the EFL that makes our competition the envy of many across Europe.”

The Football Supporters’ Federation have collaborated with the EFL in researching and supporting the work around the Away Fan Experience Campaign, and deputy Chief Executive David Rose is keen to emphasise the contribution made by away fans, and the importance of efforts made to encourage their attendance.

He said: "Away fans put in the most time, money and effort to follow the club they love. They make a huge contribution to the live experience and are often the catalyst for a great atmosphere. The FSF welcomes an initiative that will encourage clubs to show how much they value some of football's most passionate and loyal supporters.

“We will continue to support the EFL with this project and their efforts to develop the away experience over the coming seasons."
Attachments
fans_16.jpg
fans_16.jpg (879.77 KiB) Viewed 3857 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 103644
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

' Cardiff City Are Named 2017/18 '

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Cardiff City Are Named 2017/18 '

Postby Halifax93 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:29 pm

Bloody hell it's Dai Hunt in the picture!
Halifax93
 
Posts: 1744
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:52 pm

Re: ' Cardiff City Are Named 2017/18 '

Postby Forever Blue » Wed May 16, 2018 2:33 pm

Halifax93 wrote:Bloody hell it's Dai Hunt in the picture!



It is :lol:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 103644
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: ' Cardiff City Are Named 2017/18 '

Postby GrangeEndStar » Wed May 16, 2018 2:46 pm

Dai got the award for longest scarfe and best supermarket carrier bag. He looks delighted.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
User avatar
GrangeEndStar
 
Posts: 6015
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:41 pm

Re: ' Cardiff City Are Named 2017/18 '

Postby Forever Blue » Wed May 16, 2018 3:13 pm

:bluebird:
Attachments
DdUuP9EWAAAzeDl.jpg
DdUuP9EWAAAzeDl.jpg (84.65 KiB) Viewed 3409 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 103644
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: ' Cardiff City Are Named 2017/18 '

Postby Forever Blue » Wed May 16, 2018 3:13 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Dai got the award for longest scarfe and best supermarket carrier bag. He looks delighted.


:lol: :thumbup: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 103644
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: ' Cardiff City Are Named 2017/18 '

Postby Forever Blue » Wed May 16, 2018 3:15 pm

:bluebird:
Attachments
DdUsmvFXcAAZoz7.jpg
DdUsmvFXcAAZoz7.jpg (89 KiB) Viewed 3357 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 103644
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: ' Cardiff City Are Named 2017/18 '

Postby pembroke allan » Wed May 16, 2018 3:29 pm

Don't we win it most years? :occasion5:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 14418
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: ' Cardiff City Are Named 2017/18 '

Postby Ebbw Blue » Wed May 16, 2018 3:36 pm

Sad that the club treats away fans better than it does its own fans.
Ebbw Blue
 
Posts: 860
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: ' Cardiff City Are Named 2017/18 '

Postby pembroke allan » Wed May 16, 2018 4:10 pm

Ebbw Blue wrote:Sad that the club treats away fans better than it does its own fans.





Yes shame we are only clubin efl that treats it's own fans worse than away fans? :o
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 14418
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: ' Cardiff City Are Named 2017/18 '

Postby GrangeEndStar » Wed May 16, 2018 4:46 pm

For me, the worst ground and away 'experience' in the Championship is Reading. Characterless, boring, souless stadium with matching fans, just all around awful considering its relatively new. I think away fans coming to the CCS get it pretty good compared to quite a few that we visit.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
User avatar
GrangeEndStar
 
Posts: 6015
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:41 pm

Re: ' Cardiff City Are Named 2017/18 '

Postby JJ1927 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:11 pm

And we need an award for the worst. I am sick and tired of being treated like a criminal at some away grounds whilst the home fans are treated completely differently. I know we still got some idiots who can't hold their ale - as all clubs have- but you would have thought the Taliband were in town when we arrived at Derby. And the stewards in the ground were a pain in the arse, it seemed they were looking for trouble.
JJ1927
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:19 pm

Re: ' Cardiff City Are Named 2017/18 '

Postby davids » Wed May 16, 2018 5:41 pm

JJ1927 wrote:And we need an award for the worst. I am sick and tired of being treated like a criminal at some away grounds whilst the home fans are treated completely differently. I know we still got some idiots who can't hold their ale - as all clubs have- but you would have thought the Taliband were in town when we arrived at Derby. And the stewards in the ground were a pain in the arse, it seemed they were looking for trouble.


Absolutely agree.

We are treated like shit at virtually every away ground by the local police, the home stewards and at places like Leeds we are kept away from the ground until just before kick off and herded like animals into and out of the ground.

I also will never forget that when we were last in the Premier League we were given £200,000 by the Premier League to help away fans. Most clubs used it for the benefit of their own fans -I think Stoke used it to pay for free away travel all season for their fans and the JB's used to subsidise the cost of away tickets and travel for their fans.

Our club however, with the exception of paying for a few buses when we went to Swansea, used almost all of the money to improve the matchday experience for away fans visiting the Cardiff City Stadium. Absolute disgrace.

Still, at least they can boast about how wonderful it is for away fans to visit Cardiff. Perhaps they could put a bit more effort into helping their own supporters travelling away to clubs who couldn't give a shit about how away fans are treated.
davids
 
Posts: 6292
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:16 pm

Re: ' Cardiff City Are Named 2017/18 '

Postby JJ1927 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:54 pm

davids wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:And we need an award for the worst. I am sick and tired of being treated like a criminal at some away grounds whilst the home fans are treated completely differently. I know we still got some idiots who can't hold their ale - as all clubs have- but you would have thought the Taliband were in town when we arrived at Derby. And the stewards in the ground were a pain in the arse, it seemed they were looking for trouble.


Absolutely agree.

We are treated like shit at virtually every away ground by the local police, the home stewards and at places like Leeds we are kept away from the ground until just before kick off and herded like animals into and out of the ground.

I also will never forget that when we were last in the Premier League we were given £200,000 by the Premier League to help away fans. Most clubs used it for the benefit of their own fans -I think Stoke used it to pay for free away travel all season for their fans and the JB's used to subsidise the cost of away tickets and travel for their fans.

Our club however, with the exception of paying for a few buses when we went to Swansea, used almost all of the money to improve the matchday experience for away fans visiting the Cardiff City Stadium. Absolute disgrace.

Still, at least they can boast about how wonderful it is for away fans to visit Cardiff. Perhaps they could put a bit more effort into helping their own supporters travelling away to clubs who couldn't give a shit about how away fans are treated.


Whilst I have no gripe with Ken Choo etc, they are always going on about how they want to reconnect with supporters of the club. It would be interesting if Vince could persuade them to come incognito on the coaches and in the away end with us. They will then experience the shit we have put up with on most grounds.
JJ1927
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:19 pm

Re: ' Cardiff City Are Named 2017/18 '

Postby GrangeEndStar » Wed May 16, 2018 6:04 pm

Our club has of course most things right now but a key area to improve on is looking after our away support. This could take many forms but it really does need addressing and especially to appreciate the fans who are away regularly.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
User avatar
GrangeEndStar
 
Posts: 6015
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:41 pm

Re: ' Cardiff City Are Named 2017/18 '

Postby Cantonblu » Wed May 16, 2018 6:44 pm

Agree!but going back to last season by far the best for us was Huddersfield friendly fans,public and stewards..and even the pubs,looking forward to a return at the john smiths stadium
Cantonblu
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:39 pm



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot] and 37 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.