NEIL WARNOCK: "HIS CURRENT PLANS & HARD WORK BEGINS NOW"

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu May 17, 2018 3:05 pm

The hard work begins for Neil Warnock and his backroom staff as the Premier League transfer window swings open

“I’d like to move a couple on if I can, make a few offers and I know after talking this morning what money is available.”

“We won’t be going into all markets, I won’t destroy what we’ve built here now.”

Warnock has clearly learned from his last experience in the Premier League when a transfer embargo meant he had to throw money at players to get them in the door quickly.

Thursday 17th May 2018

By James Kimble

Plus BBC/ITV

The hard work now begins for Neil Warnock and his backroom staff as the Premier League transfer window swings open.

Warnock and his staff have already been preparing for life in the Premier League since securing promotion to the top flight almost two weeks ago.

And as of today, the Bluebirds can officially begin to submit bids and sign players who take their fancy as they look to strengthen their squad for next season.

Warnock said last week that he wouldn’t be wasting any time submitting bids, and with the window now open, he can start bringing players to South Wales. He revealed last week: “I’m speaking to quite a number (of agents).

“I’d like to move a couple on if I can, make a few offers and I know after talking this morning what money is available.”

The Bluebirds have already been linked with a number players since securing promotion to the Premier League, including Andre Gray, Sven Schipplock and James McArthur.

However, any incoming player must meet at least two criteria set by Warnock. A, they must be better than what Cardiff already have and B, they cannot jeopardise the superb team spirit.

Warnock is weary that the secret behind the Bluebirds’ promotion was the atmosphere in the changing room and he’s eager to protect it.

In previous promotions, Warnock has struggled to keep harmony in the dressing room with big egos coming in and that’s what happened the last time he failed in the Premier League, with QPR.

So this time, the Bluebirds boss is placing a large emphasis on keeping the dressing room at its peak. Following promotion, he said: “We have the basis. We will have to buy, four, five or six players to supplement the squad but I think we will enjoy the challenge.

“We won’t be going into all markets, I won’t destroy what we’ve built here now.”

Warnock has clearly learned from his last experience in the Premier League when a transfer embargo meant he had to throw money at players to get them in the door quickly.

That left him with a lot of big egos and that couldn’t be less like the Cardiff City of today, who keep quiet, they’re not overconfident and they are a collective.

That’s something that must remain in the Premier League, not just for success on the pitch either, it’s something the supporters really respond to and it’s become part of the Bluebirds’ identity.

Now, Warnock has the job of trying to find those kind of players who will both fit in and improve this Cardiff City squad.

There’s no doubt that it will need more quality to compete in the Premier League, but Warnock doesn’t want to make too many changes, he is going to put trust in the players who have got the club to the top-flight.

Having said that, he is aware that he needs a little more of something special in that dressing room, something that will help Cardiff compete with the cream of the crop, and from today onwards, he can start making bids to sign such players.

Warnock will also have to have his business wrapped up earlier this season with the window closing on 9th August, before the start of the new season.
Attachments
32460882_364525060703649_3463946941618978816_n.jpg
32460882_364525060703649_3463946941618978816_n.jpg (36.88 KiB) Viewed 2602 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: NEIL WARNOCK: "HIS CURRENT PLANS & HARD WORK BEGINS NOW"

Postby FloridaBluebird » Thu May 17, 2018 6:55 pm

You can start by getting Junior’s signature - bunch of nervous City fans on tender hooks with this one Neil.
FloridaBluebird

Postby FloridaBluebird » Thu May 17, 2018 7:04 pm

Forgetting names for a moment:
I think we realistically need...
A competitive GK to challenge Etheridge (who has been immense)
A Right full back
Two center mids, one DM the other goal scorer/creator
A winger
A striker (proven Prem goal tally)
That is six new additions by my calculations. As mentioned in prior post we desperately need Junior to re-sign. As for other expiring contracts, unless it was mutually beneficial I wouldn’t rush into things...
In case you hadn’t gathered, I’m so excited for the summer transfer window and to see what squad Warnock and the board can amass - awesome times in the Welsh Capital
FloridaBluebird

Postby MatthewWDH » Fri May 18, 2018 9:46 am

Don't want to disturb the current squad in my opinion. Get Junior & Aron signed onto new deals. New goalkeeper and striker are a must for me :ayatollah:
MatthewWDH

Return to General Chat