A forum for all things Cardiff City

' CARLOS THE JACKHELL - GONE '

Fri May 18, 2018 12:47 pm

' CARLOS THE JACKHELL - GONE '

Bring back Brad Bobbley I say.

Carlos Carvalhal: Swansea City part company with manager after relegation

BBC

Friday 18/05/18

Where did it all go wrong for Swansea City?

Swansea City have parted company with manager Carlos Carvalhal after their relegation from the Premier League.

The Welsh club have opted not to offer the Portuguese a new contract after it expires this summer.

Ex-Sheffield Wednesday boss Carvalhal succeeded Paul Clement in December 2017, but after an initial upturn in results he was unable to stop Swansea's drop into the Championship.

Swansea are now hunting for a fifth permanent manager in two years.

Carvalhal said he would discuss his future with Swansea's owners, but the club chiefs opted not to as they prepare for the Championship.

Both parties had held talks about extending his contract before a run of nine games without a win sealed Swansea's top-flight exit after a seven-year stay.

Swans chairman Huw Jenkins said: "We'd like to put on record our thanks to Carlos for his enthusiasm, hard work and commitment since arriving at the club in December.

"Naturally, we are all disappointed with the club's relegation from the Premier League, and following discussions with Carlos, we felt it was in the best interests of both parties that we move in a new direction.

"We will now be looking to appoint a new manager in readiness for the 2018-19 season."

Carlos Carvalhal at one point this season led Swansea five points clear of the bottom three
The club also confirmed first-team coaches Joao Mario and Bruno Lage have left the Liberty Stadium, along with match analysts Jhony Conceicao and Paulo Sampaio.

Swansea will need to rebuild on and off the field next season, with the team no longer playing with the distinctive passing style once known as the 'Swansea Way' and fan unrest representing the wider discord at the club.

To add to their problems, long-term Swans Angel Rangel and Ki Sung-yueng both left following relegation, whilst first-choice goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski has told the club he wishes to leave in the summer.

Swansea City icon Leon Britton will also be unavailable next season after announcing his retirement.

Supporters protested before Sunday's defeat against Stoke, calling for the removal of chairman Huw Jenkins, a sentiment echoed by pundits Ian Walsh and Iwan Roberts.

Steve Kaplan and Jason Levien led an American consortium in taking over the club in 2016 and have also been the subject of criticism from fans.

A statement on the club website from Kaplan and Levien said the pair "shoulder much of the responsibility" for the club's relegation.

It added: "Our recruitment strategy hasn't been good enough, we all recognise that and the blame for it ultimately rests with ourselves."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' CARLOS THE JACKHELL - GONE '

Fri May 18, 2018 1:42 pm

Carlos Carvalhal's emotional farewell message to Swansea City

18/05/18

Carlos Carvalhal has vowed to be a "Jack forever" following his departure from Swansea City.

Carvalhal took charge of the club in December 2018 and looked on course to help extend the Swans seven year stay in the Premier League with memorable wins against the likes of Watford, Liverpool and Arsenal during the early stages of his tenure.

But a run of nine games without a win at the end of the season saw Swansea finish in 18th place, meaning they will be plying their trade in the Championship next term.

The Swans opted against renewing the Portuguese manager's contract after the club's relegation from the Premier League, with an announcement on Friday afternoon confirming the 52-year-old has officially left the club.

But speaking after his Liberty Stadium exit, Carvalhal was quick to heap praise on the club's staff, players and fans following his short period in South Wales.

“First of all, I must thank the chairman Huw Jenkins and majority owners Stephen Kaplan and Jason Levien for their full support,” said Carvalhal.

“It has been a big pleasure to manage Swansea City, and I am very grateful for the way not only the club but the city welcomed me.

“From the players to the chefs, the physios and staff, I really enjoyed working with you all.

“I also appreciate the way the press at local and national level treated me. I like to think we had a very positive relationship.

“But most of all, I must thank the supporters. They were absolutely fantastic during my time here, and they follow the team up and down the country with huge passion. You should be very proud of your support.

“While Swansea and myself will go in a different direction, I wish the club all the best.

“I am sure I will be a Jack forever.”

Former Wales boss and ex-Swansea City star Chris Coleman is the early favourite with bookmakers to be named as Carvalhal's permanent successor at the Liberty Stadium, while FK Ostersunds manager Graham Potter is also thought to be in the running for the vacant role.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri May 18, 2018 1:42 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Bring back Brad Bobbley I say.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44138554

Carlos Carvalhal: Swansea City part company with manager after relegation

Where did it all go wrong for Swansea City?

Swansea City have parted company with manager Carlos Carvalhal after their relegation from the Premier League.

The Welsh club have opted not to offer the Portuguese a new contract after it expires this summer.

Ex-Sheffield Wednesday boss Carvalhal succeeded Paul Clement in December 2017, but after an initial upturn in results he was unable to stop Swansea's drop into the Championship.

Swansea are now hunting for a fifth permanent manager in two years.

Carvalhal said he would discuss his future with Swansea's owners, but the club chiefs opted not to as they prepare for the Championship.

Both parties had held talks about extending his contract before a run of nine games without a win sealed Swansea's top-flight exit after a seven-year stay.

Swans chairman Huw Jenkins said: "We'd like to put on record our thanks to Carlos for his enthusiasm, hard work and commitment since arriving at the club in December.

"Naturally, we are all disappointed with the club's relegation from the Premier League, and following discussions with Carlos, we felt it was in the best interests of both parties that we move in a new direction.

"We will now be looking to appoint a new manager in readiness for the 2018-19 season."

Carlos Carvalhal at one point this season led Swansea five points clear of the bottom three
The club also confirmed first-team coaches Joao Mario and Bruno Lage have left the Liberty Stadium, along with match analysts Jhony Conceicao and Paulo Sampaio.

Swansea will need to rebuild on and off the field next season, with the team no longer playing with the distinctive passing style once known as the 'Swansea Way' and fan unrest representing the wider discord at the club.

To add to their problems, long-term Swans Angel Rangel and Ki Sung-yueng both left following relegation, whilst first-choice goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski has told the club he wishes to leave in the summer.

Swansea City icon Leon Britton will also be unavailable next season after announcing his retirement.

Supporters protested before Sunday's defeat against Stoke, calling for the removal of chairman Huw Jenkins, a sentiment echoed by pundits Ian Walsh and Iwan Roberts.

Steve Kaplan and Jason Levien led an American consortium in taking over the club in 2016 and have also been the subject of criticism from fans.

A statement on the club website from Kaplan and Levien said the pair "shoulder much of the responsibility" for the club's relegation.

It added: "Our recruitment strategy hasn't been good enough, we all recognise that and the blame for it ultimately rests with ourselves."

Lol, mugs

Fri May 18, 2018 1:52 pm

I still can't get over that protest,that crowd must be at least one deep.I'm sure the arrow on that sign pointing at them say's "have a look at these fannies" :bluebird:

Fri May 18, 2018 4:24 pm

"I would also like to put on record my thanks to Carlos for his enthusiasm, hard work and commitment to relegating Swansea since arriving at the club in December."

Fri May 18, 2018 7:20 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:"I would also like to put on record my thanks to Carlos for his enthusiasm, hard work and commitment to relegating Swansea since arriving at the club in December."

And I want it on record I had nothing to do with the relegation it was the yanks fault !! :lol:

Fri May 18, 2018 7:28 pm

Carlos, do the ayatollah!

Fri May 18, 2018 7:32 pm

I think we should have a testimonial for Carlos :wave:

Fri May 18, 2018 7:34 pm

City Slicker wrote:I think we should have a testimonial for Carlos :wave:

At the very least :thumbup: and a pre game open top bus tour :ayatollah: