Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Chris Coleman "

Fri May 18, 2018 1:42 pm

Former Wales boss and ex-Swansea City star Chris Coleman is the early favourite with bookmakers to be named as Carvalhal's permanent successor at the Liberty Stadium, Swansea City, while FK Ostersunds manager Graham Potter is also thought to be in the running for the vacant role.

Chris Coleman is without a club after managing Sunderland Football Club who he relegated this season to league 1.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " Chris Coleman "

Fri May 18, 2018 1:45 pm

Carlos Carvalhal: Swansea City part company with manager after relegation

Swansea City have parted company with manager Carlos Carvalhal after their relegation from the Premier League.

The Welsh club have opted not to offer the Portuguese a new contract after it expires this summer.

Ex-Sheffield Wednesday boss Carvalhal succeeded Paul Clement in December 2017, but after an initial upturn in results he was unable to stop Swansea's drop into the Championship.

Swansea are now hunting for a fifth permanent manager in two years.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri May 18, 2018 1:49 pm

He did a great job with Sunderland.

Here's hoping.... :laughing6: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Fri May 18, 2018 1:51 pm

Those mugs don't know a good manger for love nor money

Fri May 18, 2018 1:51 pm

Everytime I see a photo of that shitty protest I chuckle :occasion5:

Fri May 18, 2018 1:58 pm

Hope Coleman goes there they will gone straight done again

Fri May 18, 2018 2:11 pm

Please let it be true! :thumbright: :lol: :clap:

Fri May 18, 2018 2:17 pm

I think whoever goes there will struggle.

No doubt Coleman will have the passion for it but he hasn't got the ability, he was ok with Wales, managing fellow Welshmen who shared his ambition but he is limited as a Club Manager, his track record shows it, 405 games as a manager, only 133 wins, that's not a good return.

Looking at it objectively and forgetting the rivalry you would have to be worried if you was a Jack, it doesn't look pretty down west.

Fri May 18, 2018 2:22 pm

Reply on FB

Sion Leshoes Holt:

"Sad if he does! I’m a fan of us beating the Jacks in the same league and having Derbies each season. I have limited pleasure in any Welsh clubs every demise. I’m one from going round with buckets to try help Newport stay in the league many years ago and want Wrexham back."
"I’m Welsh and proud end of the day . I’ll always be a Bluebird. I do have my limits to kicking fellow Welsh when there’re down. Good luck to them with Coleman he’s limited on his tactics and been found wanting in Championship this season already. They should have kept their manager they had. I rate him."

Fri May 18, 2018 3:18 pm

Hhhhmmm so he has just failed miserably at Sunderland and relegated them with a fairly strong squad overall.

So that makes him favourite for a Premiership club relegated and needing to make wholesale changes and try and get overpaid Players off the wage bill and try and stop the slide?

From what I can see the only reason he would be given the job is because he is from Swansea, good luck with that you are going to need it, this could be even worse than Ole Gunner :thumbup:

Fri May 18, 2018 3:49 pm

Maybe favourite by bookies trying to con punters! but he as stated numerous times and only last week he will not take swans job because of family living in swansea and problems that it will cause when he gets sacked in future. :thumbup:

Fri May 18, 2018 3:52 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Maybe favourite by bookies trying to con punters! but he as stated numerous times and only last week he will not take swans job because of family living in swansea and problems that it will cause when he gets sacked in future. :thumbup:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri May 18, 2018 4:10 pm

Fulham aside his managerial career at club level is atrocious.

Swansea sign him now.

Fri May 18, 2018 6:01 pm

Juventus Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Maybe favourite by bookies trying to con punters! but he as stated numerous times and only last week he will not take swans job because of family living in swansea and problems that it will cause when he gets sacked in future. :thumbup:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well 6 managers in just over 2yrs is a big clue to his future at swans! :laughing5:

Fri May 18, 2018 7:37 pm

What’s the point of going for a decent championship manager just in case you get relegated then get rid once it happened?
Mind you rarely have I seen such a bottling job as the jacks did in the last 9 games. On the verge of safety then completely crumbled when the pressure came.

Fri May 18, 2018 7:45 pm

RV Casual wrote:I think whoever goes there will struggle.

No doubt Coleman will have the passion for it but he hasn't got the ability, he was ok with Wales, managing fellow Welshmen who shared his ambition but he is limited as a Club Manager, his track record shows it, 405 games as a manager, only 133 wins, that's not a good return.

Looking at it objectively and forgetting the rivalry you would have to be worried if you was a Jack, it doesn't look pretty down west.

2 steps back ..next season no matter how bad or good it is on the field for them its still considerably higher than they have traditionally competed at..they will play in a modern stadium to crowds they could only dream of 10 years ago..
new manager and probably almost a new team could go either way but the overpaid dross that normally hinders relegated teams will almost certainly be gone..
i hope they drop like a stone but the above plus the fact they are lucky as f**k makes me think maybe they wont..

Fri May 18, 2018 10:18 pm

Coleman is a massively overrated manager who almost ruined all the good work done by speed but managed to pull if back and now living off it.

Sat May 19, 2018 4:33 pm

There is a theory that anyone could have managed that wales team that did so well at the euros. They had been playing with each other since they were schoolboys, some very good players but played as a team, unlike England for ie who never do.
Coleman was lucky, he knows it.

Sat May 19, 2018 11:49 pm

Some harsh comments regarding Colemans time with Wales. Yes he had the likes of Bale, Ramsey and Allen to work with which does not come around that much for us but you still need to manage. We got so far in the Euros because he got some decisions right. The important ones.

however at club level he has not done too well. Fulham being the exception to the rule where he was part of the staff before getting the managers job. All other clubs he has gone to he has not had that backroom staff knowledge and has struggled. If he gets the Swansea job he will be starting from scratch and will have his own selected staff because all the present staff would have all left by the time he gets there. it will be interesting times.

Sun May 20, 2018 1:34 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Some harsh comments regarding Colemans time with Wales. Yes he had the likes of Bale, Ramsey and Allen to work with which does not come around that much for us but you still need to manage. We got so far in the Euros because he got some decisions right. The important ones.

however at club level he has not done too well. Fulham being the exception to the rule where he was part of the staff before getting the managers job. All other clubs he has gone to he has not had that backroom staff knowledge and has struggled. If he gets the Swansea job he will be starting from scratch and will have his own selected staff because all the present staff would have all left by the time he gets there. it will be interesting times.

I agree. Coleman galvanised the Wales team and (even as a non fan of international football) it was clear he created something special in the wake of the sad Gary Speed situation

Usually, as an international manager we say "he can only pick from those available" and as a club manager we say "he can wheel and deal" but in Coleman's case there does seem to have been a little role reversal, as he had the likes of Bale, Ramsey and others in his Wales squad and was not able to 'wheel and tea' at Sunderland

I feel the situation will be similar at Swansea next season, which makes Coleman not the man to take the helm

Sadly, for them, the obvious choice is contracted to their biggest rivals! ;) :ayatollah: :clap:

Sun May 20, 2018 2:41 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Some harsh comments regarding Colemans time with Wales. Yes he had the likes of Bale, Ramsey and Allen to work with which does not come around that much for us but you still need to manage. We got so far in the Euros because he got some decisions right. The important ones.

I know what you mean but I think a bit of objective criticism is more than fair.

I think it's fair to be a bit critical of Coleman and I am one who is grateful for what he gave us BUT... you can't forget we only qualified for Euro 2016 due to the change in format and were lucky with our group but nevertheless he still got us there and history will say we got to the Semi Final, you can't take that away from him and I would never want to.

The World Cup Qualifying campaign was a disaster though, again, we got lucky with our group and to not at least finish 2nd was nothing short of a disgrace, Coleman was far to cautious and proved himself to be tactically inept IMO which he has taken into this season with Sunderland.