Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Low sugar drinks!!!!!

Sat May 19, 2018 1:41 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bananas wrote:The Sugar industry wins!! Ok, enjoy your unhealthy life and diabetes :old:

To the nanny state!!

Have done for 62 years also with no diebetes :occasion5: and you enjoy being told what to do by nanny state! :thumbup:

Me too Alan. I think it's obesity that causes it rather than what we eat. We ate all this stuff years ago and diabetes was almost unheard of. We were told to that a Mars a day helped us work and all the rest, then the next minute they were telling us to have a break have a Kit-Kat, then Roses were going to grow on us, and to rub salt into the wound everyone was a Cadbury's Fruit & Nut Case. I guess we did'nt all fall for the adverts, and even if we did we burnt off those calories so never got fat enough to worry about diabetes. ;)

Steve not sure what his point is? Everyone has a choice? according to him we are brainwashed by adverts, but he's happy to be told by nanny state that things are bad for him! How many times do you hear this is not good for you only to be told that's wrong several years later? :laughing6:

Sat May 19, 2018 1:51 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bananas wrote:The Sugar industry wins!! Ok, enjoy your unhealthy life and diabetes :old:

To the nanny state!!

Have done for 62 years also with no diebetes :occasion5: and you enjoy being told what to do by nanny state! :thumbup:

I bet you'll end up with Diabetes tho :wave: Ignorance isn't always bliss butt :wave:

Sat May 19, 2018 5:08 pm

I used to drink full fat cherry Coke by the bucket load, switched to Coke zero a few years ago.

I was more concerned to what it did to my teeth than the link with obesity.

Sat May 19, 2018 6:43 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

To the nanny state!!

Me too Alan. I think it's obesity that causes it rather than what we eat. We ate all this stuff years ago and diabetes was almost unheard of. We were told to that a Mars a day helped us work and all the rest, then the next minute they were telling us to have a break have a Kit-Kat, then Roses were going to grow on us, and to rub salt into the wound everyone was a Cadbury's Fruit & Nut Case. I guess we did'nt all fall for the adverts, and even if we did we burnt off those calories so never got fat enough to worry about diabetes. ;)

There was a time only real men smoked.Soft drinks are the visible tip of the suger iceburg.

Steve not sure what his point is? Everyone has a choice? according to him we are brainwashed by adverts, but he's happy to be told by nanny state that things are bad for him! How many times do you hear this is not good for you only to be told that's wrong several years later? :laughing6:

Sat May 19, 2018 7:27 pm

The Co-Op on Llantrisant rd in Cardiff made me laugh,Called in for a suger free Relentless.Picked up 4 which should be £4 and the lad behind the counter said £7-16 ,When I queried why it was that much he said “Sugar tax” and I said these are suger free :lol:

Well he spoke to the manager who told me that’s the new price ,Not much of an incentive for the kids to give up suger.

Sat May 19, 2018 8:33 pm

The big elephant in the room is Aspartame (and perhaps the other chemical sweeteners involved but I know less about).

Anything with aspartame in gives me a bad stomach. From as little as a chewing gum. When these Zero drinks first came out I was only a teen and I thought they all looked really cool and was amazed that they had no sugar... I mean what possible downside could there be?

Well I started getting really bad headaches, tiredness and sickness from aspartame drinks. It's pretty much in everything now, it really is scary. There's a lot of shady politics involved in how aspartame was first pushed through by that nice man Donald Rumsfeld - Mr Weapons of Mass Destruction. :banghead:

Sat May 19, 2018 9:16 pm

Xcasual wrote:The Co-Op on Llantrisant rd in Cardiff made me laugh,Called in for a suger free Relentless.Picked up 4 which should be £4 and the lad behind the counter said £7-16 ,When I queried why it was that much he said “Sugar tax” and I said these are suger free :lol:

Well he spoke to the manager who told me that’s the new price ,Not much of an incentive for the kids to give up suger.

That was one of my points at moment price difference as risen between sugar and no sugar but bet your life when people get used to no sugar being only drink you can buy prices will go up :thumbup:

Sun May 20, 2018 12:50 pm

Has this kicked in yet then? This sugar tax thing?

I haven't noticed a difference yet? everywhere I shop the full fat stuff is the same price as the diet ranges etc?

Also, I agree with everyone who says that it is down to the individual, that's not even a debate, its a free world and you make your own choices, whether you drink Alcohol, smoke, take drugs, are gay/straight or want to smash a 2 litre bottle of Fanta down your neck whilst eating a big bag of Cadbury's buttons.

Everything in moderation :thumbup:

Sun May 20, 2018 1:00 pm

RV Casual wrote:Has this kicked in yet then? This sugar tax thing?

I haven't noticed a difference yet? everywhere I shop the full fat stuff is the same price as the diet ranges etc?

Also, I agree with everyone who says that it is down to the individual, that's not even a debate, its a free world and you make your own choices, whether you drink Alcohol, smoke, take drugs, are gay/straight or want to smash a 2 litre bottle of Fanta down your neck whilst eating a big bag of Cadbury's buttons.

Everything in moderation :thumbup:

Ye it's kicked in as offer on diet but not ordinary coke when normally offer on both ? Agree about choices it's simply not about things being bad for you it's about how you live your life as a whole, besides ill health can strike the healthiest look at Steve Redgrave late onset diebetes bet he ate healthy and excersised! :thumbup: