Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Low sugar drinks!!!!!

Fri May 18, 2018 7:15 pm

Grrrrrrr we did our shopping earlier and on list was cans of soft drinks for wkend as working in garden! Do you think I could get normal canned drink like fck everything was reduced or zero sugar absolutely hate drinks without sugar no taste!!! rant over :banghead:

Re: Low sugar drinks!!!!!

Fri May 18, 2018 7:24 pm

Just put two spoon fulls of sugar in one

Fri May 18, 2018 7:30 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:Just put two spoon fulls of sugar in one

More like 8

Fri May 18, 2018 8:00 pm

Stop your winging and get a nice glass of council pop down your neck.

Fri May 18, 2018 8:04 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Grrrrrrr we did our shopping earlier and on list was cans of soft drinks for wkend as working in garden! Do you think I could get normal canned drink like fck everything was reduced or zero sugar absolutely hate drinks without sugar no taste!!! rant over :banghead:

It’s probably down to the new sugar tax, a lot of places won’t get the coke etc with sugar in as it’s too expensive

Fri May 18, 2018 8:10 pm

cmorris1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Grrrrrrr we did our shopping earlier and on list was cans of soft drinks for wkend as working in garden! Do you think I could get normal canned drink like fck everything was reduced or zero sugar absolutely hate drinks without sugar no taste!!! rant over :banghead:

It’s probably down to the new sugar tax, a lot of places won’t get the coke etc with sugar in as it’s too expensive

My cans to buy in have gone up from 6.49 +vat for 24 can to 9.99 +vat it's riduclous also the crafty buggers hace put the rest of the cans up too which have no tax on them

Fri May 18, 2018 8:58 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:Just put two spoon fulls of sugar in one

Mmmm you tried putting sugar into a fizzy drink? Try it see what happens. !!! :lol:

Fri May 18, 2018 9:00 pm

cmorris1927 wrote:

Yes and guess what garauntee once normal drinks are fazed out drinks will go up! Already noted less cans in pack with prices staying same rip off Britain strikes again? :old:

Fri May 18, 2018 9:02 pm

nubbsy wrote:Stop your winging and get a nice glass of council pop down your neck.

Mmmmm if mean beer great idea but I'm moving 5tons of gravel !! beer to chill out in eve is plan :laughing6:

Fri May 18, 2018 9:14 pm

Take every sugary drink off sale everywhere!! One of the main causes of childhood and adult obesity - should be a total ban :old:

Fri May 18, 2018 10:13 pm

Bananas wrote:

Take every sugary drink off sale everywhere!! One of the main causes of childhood and adult obesity - should be a total ban :old:

Yes nanny state as arrived what's next we've had salt stopped smoking banned ect ect people have a choice in what they eat and how much why should others suffer their weaknesses? :old:

Fri May 18, 2018 10:20 pm

Always preferred the taste of diet Coke personally.

Fri May 18, 2018 10:30 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Always preferred the taste of diet Coke personally.

Not a big coke drinker prefer different types like fiery ginger beer Fanta ect ect only Dr pepper & coke was normal! not one other brand was normal only diet/zero sugar.

Fri May 18, 2018 11:47 pm

wez1927 wrote:
cmorris1927 wrote:

My cans to buy in have gone up from 6.49 +vat for 24 can to 9.99 +vat it's riduclous also the crafty buggers hace put the rest of the cans up too which have no tax on them

Where you buying from

Sat May 19, 2018 6:36 am

65Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
cmorris1927 wrote:

Where you buying from

Global foods ,8.99 for the imported ones

Sat May 19, 2018 6:53 am

When I was a kid the same drinks were around then as are now, we still stuffed ourselves with sweets & crisps and fish & chips. I don't ever recall en epidemic of obesity back then. We burnt all the calories off by something that was called exercise. My personal opinion is that this modern health problem has more to do with lifestyle rather than food and drink, and that those who keep themselves fit are being dictated to by the government as to what they should eat and drink. becoming a right old nanny state.

Sat May 19, 2018 7:27 am

exactly when I was a kid , out morning till night .
Never once thought of sitting in doors and watching tv ( except on FA cup final day)
Xbox IPad etc is to blame,not sugar or salt

Sat May 19, 2018 7:34 am

wez1927 wrote:
65Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
cmorris1927 wrote:

Where you buying from

About right Hancocks always cheaper on the 500ml

Sat May 19, 2018 8:03 am

65Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
65Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
cmorris1927 wrote:

Where you buying from

About right Hancocks always cheaper on the 500ml

I do the cans not bottles global before the sugar tax were the cheapest in Cardiff for English coke cans but sugar tax has given then a free rein to put everything up

Sat May 19, 2018 8:20 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:When I was a kid the same drinks were around then as are now, we still stuffed ourselves with sweets & crisps and fish & chips. I don't ever recall en epidemic of obesity back then. We burnt all the calories off by something that was called exercise. My personal opinion is that this modern health problem has more to do with lifestyle rather than food and drink, and that those who keep themselves fit are being dictated to by the government as to what they should eat and drink. becoming a right old nanny state.

Steve
That's correct and the selling off of school playing fields hasn't helped things! When we were kids we would walk miles to do things and still eat (unhealthy ) food/drink.
Given time and we will be dictated to for everything by WAG especially :thumbup:

Sat May 19, 2018 9:40 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:When I was a kid the same drinks were around then as are now, we still stuffed ourselves with sweets & crisps and fish & chips. I don't ever recall en epidemic of obesity back then. We burnt all the calories off by something that was called exercise. My personal opinion is that this modern health problem has more to do with lifestyle rather than food and drink, and that those who keep themselves fit are being dictated to by the government as to what they should eat and drink. becoming a right old nanny state.

Steve
That's correct and the selling off of school playing fields hasn't helped things! When we were kids we would walk miles to do things and still eat (unhealthy ) food/drink.
Given time and we will be dictated to for everything by WAG especially :thumbup:

No it's not correct :thumbright: People are obese, caused by the bombardment of adverts for junk food and fizzy drinks. If you have been brainwashed then carry on but don't expect sympathy and support when you get diabetes!!!!

Sat May 19, 2018 11:00 am

Bananas wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Steve

No it's not correct :thumbright: People are obese, caused by the bombardment of adverts for junk food and fizzy drinks. If you have been brainwashed then carry on but don't expect sympathy and support when you get diabetes!!!!

ahh right our memories of childhood are false and just a result of brainwashing.. :lol: :lol:

Sat May 19, 2018 11:34 am

Where do you shop?

I'v been in Asda and Sainsburys this morning and the first thing you see when you walk through the door are packs of full fat coke etc and, big bars of Galaxy Chocolate and whatever 'sharing' bags they have on offer plus loads of Booze at the entrance.

Sat May 19, 2018 11:53 am

dogfound wrote:
Bananas wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Steve

ahh right our memories of childhood are false and just a result of brainwashing.. :lol: :lol:

I imagined walking miles across country to go play by the river rymney near Llandeyrn from llanrumney or go to Cefn marbly from Trowbridge!! Sorry people make their own choices if not mentally strong enough to say no to adverts that's individual problem not others. Same for gambling ect ect as for braiwashing who's getting brainwashed into buying no sugar drinks??? And guess sitting in doors 8hrs a day playing xbox ect ect doesn't have anything to do with things? And diebetes would be least of my problems :thumbup:

Sat May 19, 2018 11:56 am

RV Casual wrote:Where do you shop?

I'v been in Asda and Sainsburys this morning and the first thing you see when you walk through the door are packs of full fat coke etc and, big bars of Galaxy Chocolate and whatever 'sharing' bags they have on offer plus loads of Booze at the entrance.

Tesco for me as no asda and morrisons only limited stock as small store :o

Sat May 19, 2018 12:36 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Bananas wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Steve

I imagined walking miles across country to go play by the river rymney near Llandeyrn from llanrumney or go to Cefn marbly from Trowbridge!! Sorry people make their own choices if not mentally strong enough to say no to adverts that's individual problem not others. Same for gambling ect ect as for braiwashing who's getting brainwashed into buying no sugar drinks??? And guess sitting in doors 8hrs a day playing xbox ect ect doesn't have anything to do with things? And diebetes would be least of my problems :thumbup:

exactly...

Sat May 19, 2018 12:42 pm

dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Bananas wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Steve

exactly...

As if there were no adverts when we were young. We were bombarded with them just the same as now. A Mars a day helps you work rest and play. Yeh, right. I think even as a kid I was'nt gullible enough to fall for that. It was chocolate, and unless you were born without a brain, you know exactly what affect chocolate has if you eat enough of it.

Sat May 19, 2018 12:55 pm

The Sugar industry wins!! Ok, enjoy your unhealthy life and diabetes :old:

Sat May 19, 2018 1:02 pm

Bananas wrote:The Sugar industry wins!! Ok, enjoy your unhealthy life and diabetes :old:

To the nanny state!!

Have done for 62 years also with no diebetes :occasion5: and you enjoy being told what to do by nanny state! :thumbup:

Sat May 19, 2018 1:12 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bananas wrote:The Sugar industry wins!! Ok, enjoy your unhealthy life and diabetes :old:

To the nanny state!!

Have done for 62 years also with no diebetes :occasion5: and you enjoy being told what to do by nanny state! :thumbup:

Me too Alan. I think it's obesity that causes it rather than what we eat. We ate all this stuff years ago and diabetes was almost unheard of. We were told to that a Mars a day helped us work and all the rest, then the next minute they were telling us to have a break have a Kit-Kat, then Roses were going to grow on us, and to rub salt into the wound everyone was a Cadbury's Fruit & Nut Case. I guess we did'nt all fall for the adverts, and even if we did we burnt off those calories so never got fat enough to worry about diabetes. ;)