Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

21200 season tickets sold official

Fri May 18, 2018 7:15 pm

Not bad

Thursday 17th May 2018
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 21200 season tickets sold official

Fri May 18, 2018 7:42 pm

Hoped it would be more but plenty of time before the season starts :bluebird:

Fri May 18, 2018 7:44 pm

http://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic ... 2&t=196622 :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri May 18, 2018 7:47 pm

i hoped it would be more too..dont see it rise much either tbh unless we get some very excitting signings..

Fri May 18, 2018 10:35 pm

dogfound wrote:i hoped it would be more too..dont see it rise much either tbh unless we get some very excitting signings..

Only about 8 games will be sold out so guess people not interested in lesser teams like Southampton,Bournemouth at home ? So they don't see point of getting ST probably, But garauntee be whinging when cannot get ticket for man u ect ect :roll:

Sat May 19, 2018 8:02 am

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:i hoped it would be more too..dont see it rise much either tbh unless we get some very excitting signings..

Only about 8 games will be sold out so guess people not interested in lesser teams like Southampton,Bournemouth at home ? So they don't see point of getting ST probably, But garauntee be whinging when cannot get ticket for man u ect ect :roll:

i think 8 is about right..maybe the club will do voucher games where if you attend a lesser game the voucher will then entitle you to a ticket for a game against top 6 opposition..

Sat May 19, 2018 8:37 am

dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

i think 8 is about right..maybe the club will do voucher games where if you attend a lesser game the voucher will then entitle you to a ticket for a game against top 6 opposition..

Now that's a good idea, makes total sense and very fair.

Sat May 19, 2018 8:54 am

Only sell cat A tickets with an attached cat C game if needed to :ayatollah:

Sat May 19, 2018 8:56 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Or could do ticket stub like hull?? :laughing6:
But good idea and should be announced before start season though so fans know in advance :thumbup:

Sat May 19, 2018 9:29 am

My Opinion Our Average home Crowds will be over 31,000 next season :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat May 19, 2018 9:45 am

Forever Blue wrote:My Opinion Our Average home Crowds will be over 31,000 next season :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I really hope your correct and for the majority of my life id have agreed with you. but just don't see where these thousands of walk up fans are going to come from for games against Bournemouth ,Huddersfield. etc
the 19k we sold prior to the Reading game pretty much covered all existing ST holders and regular walk up fans.
its too late now but the club should have kept prices down for new STs to entice the less committed which in turn reduces walk up space and makes them premium its how airlines work.
btw both West Ham and Spurs had concerns when moving to increased capacity stadia both reduced ST prices {all be it at Wembley in Spurs case } to get the numbers up.
for some reason our club and many fans thought there was huge demand despite the fact we have been begging people to turn up all season..????????

Sat May 19, 2018 10:01 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Liverpool used to do it { even the big clubs have deployed incentives to drive attendances }.they would make..say Wigan a voucher game without actually saying what voucher , only that it would be for a catA game {Man Utd , Everton etc } then announce which at a later date..it worked

Sat May 19, 2018 10:02 am

dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:My Opinion Our Average home Crowds will be over 31,000 next season :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I really hope your correct and for the majority of my life id have agreed with you. but just don't see where these thousands of walk up fans are going to come from for games against Bournemouth ,Huddersfield. etc
the 19k we sold prior to the Reading game pretty much covered all existing ST holders and regular walk up fans.
its too late now but the club should have kept prices down for new STs to entice the less committed which in turn reduces walk up space and makes them premium its how airlines work.
btw both West Ham and Spurs had concerns when moving to increased capacity stadia both reduced ST prices {all be it at Wembley in Spurs case } to get the numbers up.
for some reason our club and many fans thought there was huge demand despite the fact we have been begging people to turn up all season..????????

We have sold 23,000 including nearly all Premier seats,Corporate, box's etc. :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

3,000 for away fans, Bournemouth/Hudders in Prem will bring over 1,500, 90% of clubs will bring 3,300 away fans :thumbright: :thumbright:

I honestly believe at least 3,000 match day tickets will be sold every game as fans want to see a Premier game :thumbright: :bluebird:

We need to do quite well next season as the 2nd season is where it might dip under 30,000 average.

Premier League Football is such a massive attraction thats why I believe we will average over 31,000 next season :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat May 19, 2018 10:19 am

Forever Blue wrote:We have sold 23,000 including nearly all Premier seats,Corporate, box's etc. :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

3,000 for away fans, Bournemouth/Hudders in Prem will bring over 1,500, 90% of clubs will bring 3,300 away fans :thumbright: :thumbright:

I honestly believe at least 3,000 match day tickets will be sold every game as fans want to see a Premier game :thumbright: :bluebird:

We need to do quite well next season as the 2nd season is where it might dip under 30,000 average.

Premier League Football is such a massive attraction thats why I believe we will average over 31,000 next season :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Just did a quick bit of maths.

Let's assume we sell out the top 6 @ 33,500. To average 31K for the season we will have to average just over 30K for the remaining 17 matches.

We already have 23K guaranteed and I assume we can expect to sell the away allocation of 3k to the vast majority of teams. That takes us to just under 26K guaranteed.

Therefore we only have to get just over 5K between further ST sales and walk ups per game. I think this is easily achievable so I think 31k is a realistic average. :bluebird:

Sat May 19, 2018 10:22 am

Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

We have sold 23,000 including nearly all Premier seats,Corporate, box's etc. :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

well you have more confidence than i do..im a bit gutted tbh.

Sat May 19, 2018 10:31 am

dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Same... some of these walk up seats will never be less than £31, they can't be as that's the cost per game for a season ticket.

Unless there has been something on it our walk up crowd has been pitiful over the last few years, why people think we will see 3/4/5000 walk up for the likes of Huddersfield, Watford, Brighton, Burnley, Crystal Palace amongst I don't know where the faith is coming from, espevialy if we are doing rubbish and they are left right and center in regards to days and times.

I think we will average around 27/28,000 which is still really good but it could have been better if they had looked beyond what in reality is a few extra peanuts in monetery terms to the Club.

Sat May 19, 2018 10:40 am

RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Same... some of these walk up seats will never be less than £31, they can't be as that's the cost per game for a season ticket.

Unless there has been something on it our walk up crowd has been pitiful over the last few years, why people think we will see 3/4/5000 walk up for the likes of Huddersfield, Watford, Brighton, Burnley, Crystal Palace amongst I don't know where the faith is coming from, espevialy if we are doing rubbish and they are left right and center in regards to days and times.

I think we will average around 27/28,000 which is still really good but it could have been better if they had looked beyond what in reality is a few extra peanuts in monetery terms to the Club.

Huddersfield live on sky cold wet Monday night..23k ST holders..?..500 Huddersfield....walk up ?..attendance..?

Sat May 19, 2018 10:47 am

dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Huddersfield live on sky cold wet Monday night..23k ST holders..?..500 Huddersfield....walk up ?..attendance..?

Why would cardiff v Huddersfield be on sky on a Monday night?

Also prices can be lower than 31, because they’ll make it back in the cat A prices

Sat May 19, 2018 11:04 am

paulh_85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Also prices can be lower than 31, because they’ll make it back in the cat A prices

its an example ,and why wouldnt it they do cover less attractive games .
im sure you didnt need that explained though.

Sat May 19, 2018 11:09 am

paulh_85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Paul, I don't think you understand mate, if a season ticket cost 599 it's 31 a game to the season ticket holder, therefore a Matchday ticket can never be lower than this, actually I tell a lie they are allowed to offer cheaper tickets for something like 2 games which is how we habe had the season ticket 10 quid offer thing before but it is limited.
Last edited by RV Casual on Sat May 19, 2018 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 19, 2018 11:10 am

31 pound for premier league football is great ,anyone moaning should give there heads a wobble

Sat May 19, 2018 11:16 am

wez1927 wrote:31 pound for premier league football is great ,anyone moaning should give there heads a wobble

Your talking to the converted, but 31 to watch relegation fodder play anyone other than the top 6 is not going to be attractive.

You know that aswell as anyone Wez, we were getting 18k whilst top 2 only a few months ago with cheap tickets so what makes you thino if we are bottom 2 with more expensive tickets people will pay it to watch 70% of the opposition in the Premiership
Last edited by RV Casual on Sat May 19, 2018 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 19, 2018 11:16 am

RV Casual wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Paul, I don't think you understand mate, if a season ticket cost 599 it's 31 a game to the season ticket holder, therefore a Matchday ticket can never be lower than this, actually I tell a lie they are allowed to offer cheaper tickets for something like 2 games which is how we habe had the season ticket 10 quid offer thing before but it is limited.

I understand perfectly thanks man.

And I’m not saying the club will or won’t do anything, but they can offer tickets at a lower price, the idea being that a season ticket holder still gets a better deal over the season which is the entire point

Sat May 19, 2018 11:20 am

paulh_85 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

And I’m not saying the club will or won’t do anything, but they can offer tickets at a lower price, the idea being that a season ticket holder still gets a better deal over the season which is the entire point

It doesn't work like that.

In all the years I have been going to Football I have never known a match day ticket to be less than what the season ticket averages out that.

I don't see why/how that is sudeeply going to change.

Sat May 19, 2018 11:29 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:We have sold 23,000 including nearly all Premier seats,Corporate, box's etc. :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Just did a quick bit of maths.

Let's assume we sell out the top 6 @ 33,500. To average 31K for the season we will have to average just over 30K for the remaining 17 matches.

We already have 23K guaranteed and I assume we can expect to sell the away allocation of 3k to the vast majority of teams. That takes us to just under 26K guaranteed.

Therefore we only have to get just over 5K between further ST sales and walk ups per game. I think this is easily achievable so I think 31k is a realistic average. :bluebird:

Spot on Jim :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat May 19, 2018 11:34 am

The hype of a premier league match will ensure 31k average.
The arsenal ,chelsea,man city games will all sell out.
Many supporters will only have a chance of the watford,brighton tickets.
It will still be a premier league game with 30k present, a great incentive to go.
The club could do deals also, buy a chelsea ticket only if you buy a watford ticket.
See no reason why that would not work.

Sat May 19, 2018 11:47 am

fred keenor wrote:The hype of a premier league match will ensure 31k average.
It will still be a premier league game with 30k present, a great incentive to go.
The club could do deals also, buy a chelsea ticket only if you buy a watford ticket.

Correct :thumbright:

Man City, Spurs,Man United, Everton, Liverpool, Chelsea, West Ham,Arsenal,Newcastle will all be about 33,000 crowds (9 clubs) :thumbright: :bluebird:

Even Southampton, Wolves, (also Villa if promoted) will be 30,000 :thumbright: :bluebird:

As you say Brighton, Hudders,Watford, Bournemouth,Burnley will give other fans a chance to watch Premier Football, I reckon those games will be 28,000 plus :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat May 19, 2018 11:48 am

RV Casual wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

It doesn't work like that.

In all the years I have been going to Football I have never known a match day ticket to be less than what the season ticket averages out that.

I don't see why/how that is sudeeply going to change.

Because the premier league is a much bigger disparity than any other league and the club will use the three category tier pricing, and if they have any sense... should there be a lot of match day tickets available, they’ll make sure they are priced according to likely demand.

Sat May 19, 2018 12:26 pm

Stop worrying Bournemouth doing fine on a 12000 average and nobody jumped on the bandwagon even if they wanted to as they cant get any more in.

Sat May 19, 2018 12:29 pm

fred keenor wrote:The hype of a premier league match will ensure 31k average.

i dont get where anyone thinks all this extra demand will come from { will only get a chance to watch lesser games ? } last time there was availability on the day for most if not all games..in a smaller stadium and with a bigger base support