Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Updated: " Josh Windass "

Sat May 19, 2018 6:48 am

Signing for Cardiff City for 3 million ,according to his dad speaking at a dinner in the valleys last night

UPDATED :bluebird:

DAILY RECORD

Josh Windass emerges as £3m target for Cardiff and Burnley as Rangers clear-out gets set to begin

Rangers attacker lined up for return south of the border as talk of a summer Ibrox clear-out starts to gather pace.

Rangers attacker Josh Windass is a £3million summer target for Premier League duo Cardiff City and Burnley.

The 24-year-old signed a new long-term deal at Ibrox in February but could be tempted to return south of the border with the lure of playing in England's top flight.

According to the Scottish Sun , Neil Warnock and Sean Dyche are keen to get the former Accrington Stanley man as they look to bolster their squads.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Josh windass

Sat May 19, 2018 7:02 am

Yes , this wouldn't surprise me. He is a goalscoring midfielder, proved himself with Rangers last year and is a good age. (I was hoping we'd have gone for Besic from Everton /Middlesbrough.
:bluebird:

Sat May 19, 2018 7:19 am

Lengee wrote:Yes , this wouldn't surprise me. He is a goalscoring midfielder, proved himself with Rangers last year and is a good age. (I was hoping we'd have gone for Besic from Everton /Middlesbrough.

I thought Besic was very disappointing in the Play Off Semi

Sat May 19, 2018 7:20 am

Costa Coffee Crew wrote:
Lengee wrote:Yes , this wouldn't surprise me. He is a goalscoring midfielder, proved himself with Rangers last year and is a good age. (I was hoping we'd have gone for Besic from Everton /Middlesbrough.

I thought Besic was very disappointing in the Play Off Semi

Agree thought he bottled it

Sat May 19, 2018 7:20 am

Good collection of his goals on YouTube.

Seems to have a fair bit of pace and a good eye for goal.

Sat May 19, 2018 7:50 am

Looks to have all the ability in the world, but reading the rangers forums rhey all seem to question is workrate and team ethic - generally seem happy to see him go. Feels a little like the Tomlin deal, fair player with issues that we are will v to take a risk on that we can change. Hopefully we have more success with this one

Sat May 19, 2018 7:55 am

Besic was awful

This Could be a good signing for us

Sat May 19, 2018 7:55 am

langstoneBlue wrote:Looks to have all the ability in the world, but reading the rangers forums rhey all seem to question is workrate and team ethic - generally seem happy to see him go. Feels a little like the Tomlin deal, fair player with issues that we are will v to take a risk on that we can change. Hopefully we have more success with this one

Warnock will get his work rate up and I bet his big fat wage packet will too

Sat May 19, 2018 7:56 am

CardiffCityBlue wrote:Besic was awful

This Could be a good signing for us

Agree young, pacey ,eye for goal seems a good signing

Sat May 19, 2018 10:34 am

My mateis a big rangers fan and is very happy with them getting 3m for him. Not massively bothered to lose him so not sure how he would improve us. But 3m is not alot to risk when your Premier league

Re: " Josh Windass "

Sat May 19, 2018 12:15 pm

He is terrible. That's also a picture of Jason Cummings. 3m down the drain.

Sat May 19, 2018 12:35 pm

D.A.C. wrote:He is terrible. That's also a picture of Jason Cummings. 3m down the drain.

OK is Cummings any good just in case? ;)

Josh Windass
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat May 19, 2018 12:54 pm

D.A.C. wrote:He is terrible. That's also a picture of Jason Cummings. 3m down the drain.

Would help if backed up statement with a bit of fact not just he's rubbish? Which is not the opinion on here generally :thumbright:

Sat May 19, 2018 1:23 pm

He was on soccer am a little while back seems a right little moody prick and didn’t like The Bulldog putting it up him lol :bluescarf:

Sat May 19, 2018 1:56 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Would help if backed up statement with a bit of fact not just he's rubbish? Which is not the opinion on here generally :thumbright:

As stated previously the Rangers fans who watch him on a regular basis are over the moon with 3m for him. He has pace but when the going gets tough he goes missing and has a terrible attitude.

I watched a game this season when he scored and told the Rangers fans to shut up. We'll need alot better than that in the premiership and he doesn't improve our starting 11 at all. That enough for you?

Sat May 19, 2018 3:36 pm

Can’t believe we ain’t in for any Celtic players. Rogic, Armstrong,Lustig,Tierney all look decent.

Sat May 19, 2018 3:57 pm

Seen him quite a few times this year. A good player but not sure if good enough for the level we are now at. Championship yes all day long but not sure about the premier.

Sat May 19, 2018 4:00 pm

mr_nellio wrote:Seen him quite a few times this year. A good player but not sure if good enough for the level we are now at. Championship yes all day long but not sure about the premier.

Might surprise us ,young hungry ,point to prove could be ideal for us ,prefer him to someone like Defoe

Sat May 19, 2018 4:15 pm

mr_nellio wrote:Seen him quite a few times this year. A good player but not sure if good enough for the level we are now at. Championship yes all day long but not sure about the premier.

Warnock for say he will sign players who would be strong for the championship IF we went down .

Sat May 19, 2018 4:46 pm

This rumour seems to have been live for over a week now and might have some legs, particularly if his old man repeated it. When I have watched the odd Rangers game on the box he always shows as a player with something about him, looks pacy. He is not afraid to make runs into the box/directly at it, and his goals are pretty smart. Just the kind of player we need.According to the Rangers forum he was involved with 50% of their goals last season(and they want him gone?!).
I noticed Warnock was up in Scotland during the last international break. Perhaps he was mixing business with leisure.
For me would be a pretty good punt.

Sat May 19, 2018 5:20 pm

No no no no no we have better already.

Sat May 19, 2018 5:30 pm

Daily Record

Josh Windass emerges as £3m target for Cardiff and Burnley as Rangers clear-out gets set to begin

Rangers attacker lined up for return south of the border as talk of a summer Ibrox clear-out starts to gather pace.

Rangers attacker Josh Windass is a £3million summer target for Premier League duo Cardiff City and Burnley.

The 24-year-old signed a new long-term deal at Ibrox in February but could be tempted to return south of the border with the lure of playing in England's top flight.

According to the Scottish Sun , Neil Warnock and Sean Dyche are keen to get the former Accrington Stanley man as they look to bolster their squads.

Re: Updated: " Josh Windass "

Sat May 19, 2018 6:48 pm

The new Ross McCormack?

The new David Goodwillie?

Could be good.

Could be shite.

Certainly a gamble if he does come here.

Sat May 19, 2018 6:59 pm

Got to trust Warnock and that he can get the best out of the players he brings in.

Sat May 19, 2018 10:16 pm

Certainly gives 100% maybe we do need that?

Sun May 20, 2018 8:17 am

We have to trust NW.
Lots of signings seem uninspiring,thats the market we are in.
Remember thinking the same when we signed Jay , and look how that turned out.

Sun May 20, 2018 10:23 am

Paper talk, we will get loads a promoted team.

Remember 90% of Warnock's signings are not in the papers so this is probably just talk :thumbup:

Sun May 20, 2018 8:18 pm

Bluebina wrote:Paper talk, we will get loads a promoted team.

Remember 90% of Warnock's signings are not in the papers so this is probably just talk :thumbup:

Dean Windass is a newspaper...?

Sun May 20, 2018 8:37 pm

dogfound wrote:

Scottish Sun :thumbup:

Sun May 20, 2018 9:29 pm

Bluebina wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Scottish Sun :thumbup:

the OP was about what Dean Windass said at a dinner..