Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Swansea's riduclous weekly wages "

Sat May 19, 2018 3:59 pm

Bony 90k aweek ,sam clucus 50 k week ,clucus out for 12 weeks they ate going to be in big trouble :lol:

Re: Swansea riduclous weekly wages

Sat May 19, 2018 4:16 pm

120 bony :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat May 19, 2018 4:28 pm

How accurate are these

Sat May 19, 2018 5:36 pm

Only Bony and A Ayew they have to worry about. The rest seem very reasonable in this era. With their transfer dealings and parachute payments I would expect them to be in a very strong position.
Shame.

Sat May 19, 2018 5:49 pm

I tend to agree they could be a reasonably strong championship side if the players stay. Lots on there with egos . Bony and the two Ayres will try and get away but can't see anyone being daft enough to pay bony 120k.cue disharmony in changing room

Sat May 19, 2018 5:52 pm

I thought Routledge was ok when he was with us, wonder what he would have been like with Warnock as boss.

Sat May 19, 2018 5:59 pm

They are favs to win championship next season with the bookies as it stands

But you cannot have a team of 25k plus players in the championship unless you win it or get promoted you’ll be in trouble the next ,remember we were trying to get rid of a few on 25k they have a squad on over 25k most will go

Sat May 19, 2018 6:37 pm

We don’t who will stay and what relegation clauses they have in the contracts.
If those figures are correct they seem in pretty good shape to me taking into account parachute payments and should be amongst the top sides next season. Let’s hope we don’t swap places like this season :ayatollah:

Sat May 19, 2018 6:51 pm

Faves to go up :lol: what about Stoke who just beat them? What a load of guff even there fans would be happy to just steady the ship. Weren’t boro faves this season? That went well after spending £40 million. :bluescarf:

Sat May 19, 2018 7:01 pm

Abraham was on 45k, was leaked when he signed.

Sat May 19, 2018 7:04 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:We don’t who will stay and what relegation clauses they have in the contracts.
If those figures are correct they seem in pretty good shape to me taking into account parachute payments and should be amongst the top sides next season. Let’s hope we don’t swap places like this season :ayatollah:

Top sides ? Haven't got manager and one they're looking at as never manage in efl for years! plus could lose 10 or more players add to fact that very few relegated clubs bounce back following season, those who do keep their best players and add championship style players to squads be surprised if above mid table. :thumbup:

Sat May 19, 2018 7:36 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:We don’t who will stay and what relegation clauses they have in the contracts.

Top sides ? Haven't got manager and one they're looking at as never manage in efl for years! plus could lose 10 or more players add to fact that very few relegated clubs bounce back following season, those who do keep their best players and add championship style players to squads be surprised if above mid table. :thumbup:

Yep off that list you can take off Fabianski, Mawson, ki, the Ayews and Abraham all key players that will go.

Sat May 19, 2018 7:45 pm

Yes but they will have the funds to mount a serious challenge. They need to get rid of a load of players as they are clearly not good enough and certainly don’t have the mental strength bearing in mind how they bottled the end of the season. They have a few players that have been on loan that will now come into the reckoning e.g. that prick at Barnsley, plus will be able to attract and pay for some good players at championship level.
I just can’t see them having the poor season most seem to think. Really hope I’m wrong :thumbup:

Sat May 19, 2018 7:48 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:Yes but they will have the funds to mount a serious challenge. They need to get rid of a load of players as they are clearly not good enough and certainly don’t have the mental strength bearing in mind how they bottled the end of the season. They have a few players that have been on loan that will now come into the reckoning e.g. that prick at Barnsley, plus will be able to attract and pay for some good players at championship level.
I just can’t see them having the poor season most seem to think. Really hope I’m wrong :thumbup:

Don't you think that the Yanks will just strip the club because I do and they want their money back imo

Sat May 19, 2018 7:53 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:Yes but they will have the funds to mount a serious challenge. They need to get rid of a load of players as they are clearly not good enough and certainly don’t have the mental strength bearing in mind how they bottled the end of the season. They have a few players that have been on loan that will now come into the reckoning e.g. that prick at Barnsley, plus will be able to attract and pay for some good players at championship level.

Don't you think that the Yanks will just strip the club because I do and they want their money back imo

Far from it, they will want to get back to the PL ASAP so will invest.

Sat May 19, 2018 8:19 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:

Time will tell if the Yanks will invest. However they have a history of not doing so. Their American ventures proves that.

I personally believe its all going to come down to the quality of manager they get. This Swedish chap will be a disaster I feel but i heard a rumour Snowflake Rowlett is a target. That would be an interesting one.

Sat May 19, 2018 8:19 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:

It's a hedge fund, there won't be any more money from them into the club. Just google the yanks they destroy every sports club they are associated with be it baseball, football, basketball.

Sat May 19, 2018 8:30 pm

Hopefully they do a Sunderland :lol:

Sat May 19, 2018 9:01 pm

I'd have mawson and Abraham for sure. Cheap compared to most and defo can cut it in the prem

Sat May 19, 2018 9:02 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:

It's a hedge fund, there won't be any more money from them into the club. Just google the yanks they destroy every sports club they are associated with be it baseball, football, basketball.

With their recent transfer dealings, parachute payments and cash from offloading a few players they won’t need to put more in. The likes of mawson will attract £25m+?

Sat May 19, 2018 9:05 pm

That list only adds up to a shade over £ 30 million a year. Clearly it doesn't include everyone but the main players are surely in that list. I thought their wage bill was getting on for 3x that.

Sat May 19, 2018 9:07 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Yep off that list you can take off Fabianski, Mawson, ki, the Ayews and Abraham all key players that will go.

To keep losing that amount of talent as been their downfall past 4 seasons not sure the yanks will overspend next season and I don't think rest team are upto the championship slog :thumbup:

Sat May 19, 2018 9:36 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

To keep losing that amount of talent as been their downfall past 4 seasons not sure the yanks will overspend next season and I don't think rest team are upto the championship slog :thumbup:

Hence why they will probably sign 6 or 7 that are

Sat May 19, 2018 10:47 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Hence why they will probably sign 6 or 7 that are

Will they though? Latest signing is a under 23 player and will players want go there? Bearing in mind we've struggled before to get players to come to wales! Manager choice is crucial and getting rid of jenkins is priority as their troubles are a lot to do with his interference in player recruitment.
And don't forget very few teams go straight back up unless they keep their players it looks like they won't be doing that. :thumbup:

Sat May 19, 2018 11:39 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:

With their recent transfer dealings, parachute payments and cash from offloading a few players they won’t need to put more in. The likes of mawson will attract £25m+?

Not a fecking chance it will be anywhere near £25M

Re: " Swansea's riduclous weekly wages "

Sun May 20, 2018 8:33 am

Reply on FB

Gareth Hughes:

A jack I work with told me bony is on 125k a week. A few but not all of the players have relegation clauses in contracts. I really hope they end up in admin (again) and this time they will get the points deduction. Hope they end up playing Merthyr.

Sun May 20, 2018 10:55 am

paulh_85 wrote:How accurate are these

Accurate enough to suit the crazy "ours is the best managed club in the Premier League" boasts of some of the Jack trolls on this Forum! ;) :laughing6:

Re: " Swansea's riduclous weekly wages "

Sun May 20, 2018 11:44 am

Going on our experience I think Baked has hit the nail everything comes down to the right managerial appointment.

Sun May 20, 2018 6:30 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:

I personally believe its all going to come down to the quality of manager they get.

Agree with this. Unfortunately, there's a half decent side there if a decent manager gets their hands on it.

Was hoping they'd be a bit more screwed than that if I'm honest!

Sun May 20, 2018 6:42 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:

I personally believe its all going to come down to the quality of manager they get.

Agree with this. Unfortunately, there's a half decent side there if a decent manager gets their hands on it.

Was hoping they'd be a bit more screwed than that if I'm honest!

Season hasn't started yet plenty time for rats to abandon sinking ship! Just have to wait see who's left and who's in at start season also transfer window closes at same time as premier I believe. :old: