Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CARDIFF CITY ARE UNDER NO PRESSURE "

Sun May 20, 2018 8:21 am

" CARDIFF CITY ARE UNDER NO PRESSURE "

By Harry Mail

Sunday 20th May 2018

No pressure

The Bluebirds are under no pressure next season, but they must make the Cardiff City Stadium a fortress. It is a difficult place to go when it is full. The fans are behind the team. Neil Warnock and his side have given supporters a reason to come to matches. That is massive going into the Premier League.

In terms of away games, Cardiff should stick to their game plan. Being tight at the back and hard to break down will help them next season.

Exciting times are on offer for Bluebirds’ faithful. The club can maintain the atmosphere by properly preparing for the coming season. They no doubt have a tough campaign in store. If the team looks to Burnley and Bournemouth as examples, staying up next season will set the foundation for a promising future.

The squad

Cardiff have a strong core who should stand them in good stead in the top flight. Sean Morrison, Sol Bamba, Joe Ralls, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, Junior Holiett and Kenneth Zohore have been instrumental in City's success. Their continued success will be critical to the club's Premier League survival.

That said, it is worrisome that some players do not have Premier League experience. Neil Etheridge, Callum Paterson, Ralls, Bamba and Zohore, all first-teamers for Warnock, have never played in the top flight. It is a huge step. They must prepare and adapt.

The Bluebirds will rely on Morrison, Holiett, Joe Bennett and Aron Gunnarsson's for their Premier League experience. Knowing what it takes to play at the top level, they will be important players in the dressing room.

A well-balanced blend of top-flight experience and novices can sometimes work well. Think about Leicester's title run. Even though it came two seasons after promotion, there were still players new to the Premier League in the squad, most notably N'golo Kante. Some players have no fear.

Recruitment

It is crucial that Cardiff preserve roster continuity. Promoted teams often rip apart the squad that got them there by signing eight or more new players. It rarely works. No doubt, the Bluebirds need to add more quality, but they should not go overboard. Warnock has stressed the need to sign six new players at most.

A second keeper to push or support Nigel Etheridge is the priority. Then Warnock must bring in a full-back and centre-half. A central midfielder, winger and striker would balance out the additions. Despite Zohore's ability to strike from anywhere, Cardiff must sharpen their cutting edge. More attacking players are needed.

A significant difference between the Championship and Premier League is the number of chances that arrive in a game. Teams in the top flight's lower reaches are usually only given one or two chances to score in a match. You need strikers who feed off scraps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " CARDIFF CITY ARE UNDER NO PRESSURE "

Sun May 20, 2018 8:42 am

I fully expect us to be in the bottom 5 somewhere next season but will be behind the team every game. As long as the team give 100% I will be happy. The one thing that gives me hope is that we have been use to only having 30%\ 40% of the ball and that will be the same next year.
If we were a team that was use to having over 60% of the ball then the premiership is a massive change with a total change in attributes needed

Sun May 20, 2018 8:50 am

Whilst I'm always optimistic we've also got to be realistic. Anything above the bottom three next season will be a great feat.

I expect us to be lying in the lower half of the league all season which means we will lose a lot more than we win. I think the key is not to get despondent but to try and enjoy every moment, wherever we are.

As Milky has stated, as long as we always give 100% I will be more than happy and let's see where that takes us. :bluebird:

Sun May 20, 2018 10:27 am

We have to be realistic with expectations. We should have one goal and thats staying in the prem. I for one will be enjoying every single second of the experience. Win or lose im a true Bluebird and i will support them whatever happens.

Sun May 20, 2018 10:33 am

This is a more than decent article and I tend to agree with it overall :thumbright:

City can survive next season but the expectations of our last sojourn must be managed better; and I'm sure they will be under the current manager, Neil Warnock

My one worry is how quickly some will become negative and disaffected when we're not 'doing a Leicester' by Christmas. The key word will be be 'patience' and If the attending supporters can get behind the team for 90 minutes every game, then it will make a huge difference

As the article says, the CCS is an intimidating place to be with 30,000+ locals in full voice! :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :clap:

Sun May 20, 2018 10:35 am

Not bothered in the slightest if we go down. I know this manager and group of players will give their all. It might be we need to go down to build us properly for a longer term benefits. Burnley went down stuck by dyche and look where they are. Follow this and don't waste millions on average players

Sun May 20, 2018 11:40 am

I for one will be fed up if we go down .ive waited since 1975 for this.so many small clubs with small budgets have stayed and also done well.

Sun May 20, 2018 12:21 pm

skiprat wrote:I for one will be fed up if we go down .ive waited since 1975 for this.so many small clubs with small budgets have stayed and also done well.

I will feel the same way, I do not want to be relegated again after just one season in top flight football.

Sun May 20, 2018 4:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
skiprat wrote:I for one will be fed up if we go down .ive waited since 1975 for this.so many small clubs with small budgets have stayed and also done well.

I will feel the same way, I do not want to be relegated again after just one season in top flight football.

Me too I hate that jojo tag. We must survive next season.

Sun May 20, 2018 4:55 pm

Dahboy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Me too I hate that jojo tag. We must survive next season.

A little ironic, as few have been more negative than you since promotion was won! :shock: