Real Madrid fans return 2000 tickets for final

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby thomasblue » Sun May 20, 2018 9:23 am

More than 2,000 Real Madrid fans have been forced to return their tickets to next Saturday’s Champions League final against Liverpool due to the logistical complications and costs involved in travelling to Kiev.

A total of 24,268 Madrid season-ticket holders entered the ballot to secure one of the 12,802 tickets made available for the club for the final, which kicks off at 7.45pm on Saturday at the Olimpiyskiy Stadium

However, an estimated 2,200 fans have since returned their allocated tickets, citing logistical issues as their reasoning.

A total of 1,783 miles separates Madrid and Kyiv. Those fans attempting to drive to the final can expect to undertake a 34-hr journey.

Liverpool’s fans are facing similar issues, with fans venting their frustrations at the lack and price of flights to the Ukrainian capital.

Flights have been quickly booked up, with some selling for £1,000. The high prices are in part a result of Thomas Cook leasing extra planes to meet the increased demands.

“Unfortunately, but also unavoidably, the aircraft was secured at a higher cost, which is reflected in the higher price for supporters.”

Some fans are set to travel via coach from Liverpool, with many expected to depart on Thursday before returning in the late hours after the game.

A number of supporters are travelling to parts of Poland and then paying for connecting flights. Lublin, Warsaw and Krakow are some of the more popular choices.
thomasblue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Real Madrid fans return 2000 tickets for final

Postby noisycat » Sun May 20, 2018 12:30 pm

A friend of mine, who’s a Liverpool fan, said it would cost him about £1500 to get there because of all the connecting flights. He’s going to stay home now.
noisycat

Postby RV Casual » Sun May 20, 2018 12:43 pm

You can't really blame them either, if it was Cardiff I would probably pay whatever it cost me and put it down as a one off but for Real Madrid especially and to a lesser extent Liverpool these games are ten a penny.

Its Liverpool's 5th European Final in 18 years, 3 Champions League Finals and 2 Ueffa/Europa League whilst Real Madrid have been in 5 of the last 6, ironically the final is in Madrid next year at Atleticos ground, what's the bets they don't get there :lol:

The Europa League final is in a great place to get to aswell... Baku :|
RV Casual

Postby thomasblue » Sun May 20, 2018 1:54 pm

RV Casual wrote:You can't really blame them either, if it was Cardiff I would probably pay whatever it cost me and put it down as a one off but for Real Madrid especially and to a lesser extent Liverpool these games are ten a penny.

Its Liverpool's 5th European Final in 18 years, 3 Champions League Finals and 2 Ueffa/Europa League whilst Real Madrid have been in 5 of the last 6, ironically the final is in Madrid next year at Atleticos ground, what's the bets they don't get there :lol:

Even if cardiff were in it i couldnt justify paying around 2k to watch a game of football.
thomasblue

Postby RV Casual » Sun May 20, 2018 2:13 pm

thomasblue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:You can't really blame them either, if it was Cardiff I would probably pay whatever it cost me and put it down as a one off but for Real Madrid especially and to a lesser extent Liverpool these games are ten a penny.

Even if cardiff were in it i couldnt justify paying around 2k to watch a game of football.

Do you know what, in the cold light of day I probably wouldn't either, in my head I'm saying I would just slam it on a Credit Card and worry about it later but in reality could do a lot with £2k.

When I went to France for Euro 2016 I went for 12 days, saw 3 matches and it cost me just under £3k so when you look at it like that there's no comparison.
RV Casual

Postby thomasblue » Sun May 20, 2018 2:41 pm

RV Casual wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

Do you know what, in the cold light of day I probably wouldn't either, in my head I'm saying I would just slam it on a Credit Card and worry about it later but in reality could do a lot with £2k.

When I went to France for Euro 2016 I went for 12 days, saw 3 matches and it cost me just under £3k so when you look at it like that there's no comparison.

A tournament is different. If city were playing in europe against 3 teams over 2 weeks i would go just like the euros it is well worth it.
A single game for the same type of money ? No thanks
thomasblue

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:14 pm

noisycat wrote:A friend of mine, who’s a Liverpool fan, said it would cost him about £1500 to get there because of all the connecting flights. He’s going to stay home now.

You can fly direct Liverpool to kiev i'm sure of it.
Or is he one of these " I'm a scouser " lads ( from Merthyr ) :banghead:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Forever Blue » Tue May 22, 2018 3:33 pm

I read the Spanish media, the hotels cancelled on many Madrid fans, then put the rooms back up for sale at at least 3 times the price, so they decided not to travel .
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Return to General Chat