Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rolling Stones tickets

Sun May 20, 2018 9:34 am

Looking at the AXS website and they are coming up at £30 @ ticket.

Is this a scam

http/rolling stones.com/tickets/

Re: Rolling Stones tickets

Sun May 20, 2018 9:57 am

Charlie Harper wrote:Looking at the AXS website and they are coming up at £30 @ ticket.

Is this a scam

http/rolling stones.com/tickets/

Most definitely think min cost was around £60 friend paid £160 for two :thumbup:

Sun May 20, 2018 10:38 am

not a scam, just don’t know what seats you’re getting until the day

Sun May 20, 2018 10:50 am

https://tickets.axs.com/shop/#/DIPbeac8 ... =PSC180615

Lucky Dip Tickets purchasers will not know the position of their tickets within the venue at time of purchase. The position of the ticket within the venue will only be disclosed upon collection of tickets at the venue box office on show day. Lucky Dip Tickets will be allocated across various ticket price categories in various positions within the venue, which may include restricted view seating or the back row of the venue. The purchaser acknowledges that there are no guarantees that Lucky Dip Tickets will be made available in all ticket price categories or in all areas of the venue.
By purchasing a Lucky Dip ticket, the purchaser accepts that the position of their ticket(s) within the venue is as allocated to them on show day and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the allocation of their ticket position within the venue.

Sun May 20, 2018 11:02 am

Thanks lads, that's how I see it but at £30 @ ticket it does sound strange :thumbup:

Sun May 20, 2018 11:28 am

Good luck to anyone who buys one! But the plus side is will hear them live if don't see them! :occasion5:

Sun May 20, 2018 1:49 pm

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/2-roll ... ir-2941880

Sun May 20, 2018 2:25 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Good luck to anyone who buys one! But the plus side is will hear them live if don't see them! :occasion5:

Might as well listen to a live CD at home.

Put a DVD on and you'll see more than paying £30 to be sat right at the side of the stage where you can see bugger all.

Be interested to know if anyone paying £30 gets a decent seat - can't help but think that the only seats available at that price will be shit.

If you want a decent seat you'll probably have to go through one of the legalised touts.....er, I mean "secondary" providers and pay £1000 or so.

"

Sun May 20, 2018 2:38 pm

davids wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Good luck to anyone who buys one! But the plus side is will hear them live if don't see them! :occasion5:

Put a DVD on and you'll see more than paying £30 to be sat right at the side of the stage where you can see bugger all.

Be interested to know if anyone paying £30 gets a decent seat - can't help but think that the only seats available at that price will be shit.

If you want a decent seat you'll probably have to go through one of the legalised touts.....er, I mean "secondary" providers and pay £1000 or so.

Well when 1st went on sale you could be 1st inline for tickets if pre register for tickets before general sale, friend did this and paid £160 for 2 and they are on ground level no seats!! God knows where £30 lucky dips will be as it says no garauntee seats will be in all price ranges? Like said only good thing is get atmosphere of live performance. :old:

Sun May 20, 2018 4:29 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
davids wrote:

Well when 1st went on sale you could be 1st inline for tickets if pre register for tickets before general sale, friend did this and paid £160 for 2 and they are on ground level no seats!! God knows where £30 lucky dips will be as it says no garauntee seats will be in all price ranges? Like said only good thing is get atmosphere of live performance. :old:

Allan, 30 years ago I would have agreed with you about the atmosphere at a live performance but these days it seems that less and less people are there because they like the band but because theses things are becoming "events" that people feel they have to attend so they can try to impress their twitter/Instagram followers with the fact that they were there.

Concerts nowadays for me have been ruined by people constantly talking loudly during the songs, going back and forth to the bar/toilet, filming the concert on their phones, taking selfies with the band behind them etc and also by the fact that you can get preferential treatment when booking for tickets by using a particular mobile phone provider! :evil:

I know - I'm a grumpy :old: :old: but I am glad that I'm old enough to have seen all the good bands live (as the t shirt says)whilst they were in their prime and you could guarantee a ticket by queueing out all night with other genuine fans to buy tickets for reasonable prices.

:old: :old:

Sun May 20, 2018 6:47 pm

davids wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
davids wrote:

Allan, 30 years ago I would have agreed with you about the atmosphere at a live performance but these days it seems that less and less people are there because they like the band but because theses things are becoming "events" that people feel they have to attend so they can try to impress their twitter/Instagram followers with the fact that they were there.

Concerts nowadays for me have been ruined by people constantly talking loudly during the songs, going back and forth to the bar/toilet, filming the concert on their phones, taking selfies with the band behind them etc and also by the fact that you can get preferential treatment when booking for tickets by using a particular mobile phone provider! :evil:

I know - I'm a grumpy :old: :old: but I am glad that I'm old enough to have seen all the good bands live (as the t shirt says)whilst they were in their prime and you could guarantee a ticket by queueing out all night with other genuine fans to buy tickets for reasonable prices.

:old: :old:

I'm lucky only person want to see live is meatloaf but hasn't happened yet doubt of it will! Other thing is hate loud music!!!! So won't see me wasting time on such things especially like you say the system for tickets is corrupt one way or other and a rip off usually. :thumbup:

Sun May 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Maybe the seat is on Fitzhamon Embankment. I paid £80 in 2008 to see them, might be worth a punt at that price, theyre a top live act.

Mon May 21, 2018 5:44 pm

i just got two 'general admission' pitch & un-reserved seating tickets for £70 not a scam as it takes you direct through www.rollingstones.com/tickets and onto the AXS.com and payment made via a https:// . They not got good reviews about late posting of tickets but this is 'collect on the day' from ticket office so i'm not bothered . :thumbright:

Mon May 21, 2018 6:56 pm

dazza1972 wrote:i just got two 'general admission' pitch & un-reserved seating tickets for £70 not a scam as it takes you direct through http://www.rollingstones.com/tickets and onto the AXS.com and payment made via a https:// . They not got good reviews about late posting of tickets but this is 'collect on the day' from ticket office so i'm not bothered . :thumbright:

Good to know it's not a scam :thumbup: