Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CARDIFF CITY PLAYER TRANSFER MARKET VALUES

Sun May 20, 2018 4:31 pm

How much every Cardiff City player is now worth after Bluebirds' promotion to the Premier League

A number of stars have seen their market values increase as a result of their exploits last term.

Sunday 20th May 2018

While Warnock is eager to add to his squad in the coming months to bolster his side's survival hopes, he could well have to fend off interest from competitors for his Cardiff stars once again.

According to Transfermarkt, the market value of several Cardiff stars has increased as a result of the memorable season that saw them go up under Warnock.

And their figures say striker Zohore - who netted nine league goals last term - is now worth £8m, making him the most valuable player among the Bluebirds' ranks.

Skipper Morrison was heavily linked with a switch to Sheffield Wednesday a year ago, but he stuck by Warnock and enjoyed a magnificent campaign, scoring seven league goals and earning the club's Player of the Season award.

Winger Junior Hoilett has the fourth-highest market value with a figure of £3.5m, although the Bluebirds would not receive a fee for the Canadian unless he put pen to paper on a new contract given that his current deal expires this summer. The same applies to the likes of Aron Gunnarsson and Greg Halford.

Lee Tomlin - who spent the latter half of last season on loan at Nottingham Forest - and central defender Bruno Manga both come ahead of the likes of Gunnarsson, Anthony Pilkington, Danny Ward, Lee Peltier and Joe Ralls, according to the figures.

And to further highlight the improvement of players under Warnock, Callum Paterson, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing and Sol Bamba - who were all signed on Bosman deals - now have seven-figure market values.

The market value of every Cardiff City player
(Figures according to Transfermarkt)

Kenneth Zohore - £8m

Gary Madine - £5m

Sean Morrison - £5m

Junior Hoilett - £3.5m

Bruno Manga - £3m

Lee Tomlin - £3m

Aron Gunnarsson - £2.5m

Anthony Pilkington - £2m

Danny Ward - £1.75m

Lee Peltier - £1.5m

Joe Ralls - £1.5m

Joe Bennett - £1.25m

Callum Paterson - £1m

Sol Bamba - £1m

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing - £1m

Frederic Gounongbe - £1m

Neil Etheridge - £750,000

Jazz Richards - £750,000

Matthew Connolly - £750,000

Stuart O'Keefe - £750,000

Omar Bogle - £750,000

Greg Halford - £500,000

Loic Damour - £500,000

Kadeem Harris - £350,000

Brian Murphy - £250,000

Matthew Kennedy - £150,000

Rhys Healey - £150,000

Ibrahim Meite - £50,000

Re: CARDIFF CITY PLAYER TRANSFER MARKET VALUES

Sun May 20, 2018 4:45 pm

I seen this on icwales, they must be really struggling for news. Has to be one of the stupidest articles ever. I would say nearly all those figures are wrong and some way off.

Sun May 20, 2018 4:52 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I seen this on icwales, they must be really struggling for news. Has to be one of the stupidest articles ever. I would say nearly all those figures are wrong and some way off.

Luke, I can't disagree but it's out there and 'of interest' so it was put up :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sun May 20, 2018 4:57 pm

The prices on here are ridiculous.... Not even close with many of them. Who would pay money for Halford... He is free in 6 weeks

Sun May 20, 2018 5:10 pm

Sven wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I seen this on icwales, they must be really struggling for news. Has to be one of the stupidest articles ever. I would say nearly all those figures are wrong and some way off.

Luke, I can't disagree but it's out there and 'of interest' so it was put up :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Yeah I know, not a dig at you, more icwales desperate attempt to keep the articles running.

Sun May 20, 2018 5:12 pm

I’d price hoilett at at least 10mill in today’s market. Morrison is invaluable for me also.

Sun May 20, 2018 7:05 pm

1 mill for fred?

Sun May 20, 2018 7:15 pm

If the club sold Ralls for 1.5million or Bamba for 1 million i think there would be riots!

Sun May 20, 2018 7:34 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:I’d price hoilett at at least 10mill in today’s market. Morrison is invaluable for me also.

Much as i value JH I think 10mil is steep mate - particularly at his age (31?)
I do think that NML is worth more like 3mil.
All opinions though.

Sun May 20, 2018 7:48 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:I’d price hoilett at at least 10mill in today’s market. Morrison is invaluable for me also.

All opinions though.

Junior is only 27 and if under a decent contract would be worth 10m min. Not sure why no contract has been announced yet, slight worry

Sun May 20, 2018 8:01 pm

langstoneBlue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

All opinions though.

Junior is only 27 and if under a decent contract would be worth 10m min. Not sure why no contract has been announced yet, slight worry

That does make a big difference. Like I say, it’s all opinions and I’d rate him around the 5-6 mil mark.

Sun May 20, 2018 8:14 pm

Patterson 1mi? A goal scoring defender/midfielder, way off on that price for me.

Sun May 20, 2018 8:27 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:Patterson 1mi? A goal scoring defender/midfielder, way off on that price for me.

Agree

Mon May 21, 2018 8:00 am

Those valuations are like being inside the mind of Ole Gunnar Solksjaer. They say to watch the quiet ones

Mon May 21, 2018 9:53 am

We must hold onto Fred hes worth a million :lol:

Tue May 22, 2018 8:11 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
langstoneBlue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

All opinions though.

That does make a big difference. Like I say, it’s all opinions and I’d rate him around the 5-6 mil mark.

I think he would be closer to 5mill if we were talking normal terms but the way football is going he has to be worth more.
We valued Ken over 10mill and I'd rather Hoilett over Zohore every day of the week.