Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jaap Stam to Swansea?

Mon May 21, 2018 1:17 pm

JAAP STAM TO SWANSEA?

21/05/18

Jaap Stam is one of a number of candidates under consideration to become the next Swansea City manager, Sky Sports News understands.

The former Manchester United centre half was sacked as Reading manager back in March following a poor season in the Championship.

Portuguese coach Carlos Carvalhal left the Liberty Stadium on Friday, five days after Swansea were relegated.

If Stam does take over, he’s be working with a strong Dutch continent, including, Mike van der Hoorn, Luciano Narsingh, Leroy Fer and Erwin Mulder.

Re: Jaap Stam to Swansea?

Mon May 21, 2018 2:08 pm

He could play he's better than most of their team :laughing6:

Good appointment he was shite at Reading :thumbup:

How much experience has he had making wholesale changes to a club having to drop down a division, sell all of their players and start a new team basically from scratch ???

How much thought do owners put into these appointments, it's obvious they need an experienced old head ???

Mon May 21, 2018 2:24 pm

You could put pep Guardiola there and nothing would change. What goes around comes around.

Mon May 21, 2018 2:40 pm

The merriment of the return to the natural order goes on... :thumbright: :ayatollah: :lol: :clap: :clap:

Mon May 21, 2018 3:14 pm

God I hope its true :lol: I always thought he was a crap manager who only did well at Reading in his first season because he had El Habsi in goal and Kermogrant was banging them in for fun. I remember us losing 2-0 to them at home last season and even then I was bored out of my mind, as the football was slow and dire and unlike a team like Fulham and Brentford they were just passing for the sake of it without any progression. This season they spent close to around 20m and almost got relegated, I personally think he would be a great appointment for the Jacks :D

Mon May 21, 2018 3:28 pm

Down they go to league l

Mon May 21, 2018 3:31 pm

Looking at other candidates only potter as had success all be it in Sweden! All ogbers have failed fairly quickly. :old:

Mon May 21, 2018 3:57 pm

The Frank De Boer one has to be my fav :lol:

Mon May 21, 2018 9:48 pm

Coleman would be a great shout, he's just taken Sunderland down so why not the jacks next?

Mon May 21, 2018 10:36 pm

When Stam takes Swansea down to league 1, the inbreds will have once again have seen plenty of Jaap's Sighs.