Three Sheff Wed players i'd look at

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Wolfpac » Mon May 21, 2018 4:47 pm

GK Kieren Westwood, a couple of seasons ago he was one of the best in the league, think he's had an injury this season, only 33 and probably wouldn't cost a lot, accomplished and experienced, could give good back up for Neil in goals.

Fernando Forestieri - 28 this year but has bags of experience and when fit he's a class player, could thrive with Warnocks man management, wouldn't cost too much either.

Lucas Joao, strange one, he's dipped in and out of the squad, loaned out to Blackburn in 2017 but has looked lively and sharp on the wing when I've seen him play, again another under Warnock that could do well, he has bags of pace on him and likes running at defenders.
Wolfpac

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Three Sheff Wed players i'd look at

Postby langstoneBlue » Mon May 21, 2018 4:56 pm

Is this advice for SWANSEA?
langstoneBlue

Postby Wolfpac » Mon May 21, 2018 5:01 pm

langstoneBlue wrote:Is this advice for SWANSEA?

:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:
Wolfpac

Postby Bella Blue » Mon May 21, 2018 6:10 pm

I would be happy with all three. Joao could be hit or miss but from what I've seen her could turn into a very good player
Bella Blue

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon May 21, 2018 6:18 pm

Would they be a big improvement on what we already have considering they are a quarter of the side that finished 15th in the Championship. Not disagreeing, just asking if a group who struggled to have a lot of influence at a Championship side would be able to help us in the league above. Only one way to find out I suppose. I expect Warnock knows who he wants, perhaps they are on his list.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Wolfpac » Mon May 21, 2018 6:24 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Would they be a big improvement on what we already have considering they are a quarter of the side that finished 15th in the Championship. Not disagreeing, just asking if a group who struggled to have a lot of influence at a Championship side would be able to help us in the league above. Only one way to find out I suppose. I expect Warnock knows who he wants, perhaps they are on his list.

Steve I very much doubt any of those are on the list just think they could be good additions as Squad players under Warnock, I thibj you’re right he knows who he wants and we won’t find out until a deal is worked out
Wolfpac

Postby Bella Blue » Mon May 21, 2018 6:25 pm

I think forestieri was injured for a good spell, as was Westwood. Joao is not the finished article but could be a cracking player at relatively low risk outlay-wise.
Bella Blue

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon May 21, 2018 6:28 pm

Wolfpac wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:Would they be a big improvement on what we already have considering they are a quarter of the side that finished 15th in the Championship. Not disagreeing, just asking if a group who struggled to have a lot of influence at a Championship side would be able to help us in the league above. Only one way to find out I suppose. I expect Warnock knows who he wants, perhaps they are on his list.

Steve I very much doubt any of those are on the list just think they could be good additions as Squad players under Warnock, I thibj you’re right he knows who he wants and we won’t find out until a deal is worked out

I agree. Have a feeling he will keep things close to his chest and we will find out once the deal is sealed.
Steve Zodiak

Postby paulh_85 » Mon May 21, 2018 7:33 pm

I’d take the keeper, not the other two
paulh_85

Postby Jones_1994 » Thu May 24, 2018 10:46 am

What about Adam Reach ? Player of the season for them, could be worth a punt.
He can play anywhere down the left flank or in the middle , had a decent season with 4 goals and 11 assists. :roll:
Jones_1994

Postby JJ1927 » Fri May 25, 2018 3:16 pm

Westwood would be excellent back up for Etheridge but not sure he would want to second string.
JJ1927

Postby vietaff » Fri May 25, 2018 6:37 pm

Forestieri - Keep him, not the type of player for the dressing room we have, spits dummy out a lot and isn't a massive team player.

Westwood - Can be class on his day, prone to a few howlers and would be a good understudy for Etherdige

Jao - Unknown quantity, went out on loan and didnt pull any trees up, however last 5 games of the season he was doing well, worth a punt maybe but would he add more to what we have???
vietaff

Postby boyo1927 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:49 pm

Barry bannan looked OK 2 seasons ago but no for all 3 for me. Rain Brentford please city
boyo1927

Return to General Chat