Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City keen on making move for 25-year-old Man United

Mon May 21, 2018 7:46 pm

Cardiff City keen on making move for 25-year-old Man United man: report

Monday 21st May 2018

By Jordon Street

Cardiff City are keen on making a move for Manchester United goalkeeper Sam Johnstone.

That’s according to The Sun, Wales Online, Guardian, with the report stating that Neil Warnock wants to sign the Red Devils shot-stopper.

Johnstone, now 25, has grown massively as a goalkeeper over the last eighteen months with Aston Villa while on loan, and now it looks as though he could get his big Premier League break.

Unfortunately for the Englishman, I just don’t see where he’s going to fit in at Manchester United. With top quality players like David de Gea and Sergio Romero ahead of him in the pecking order, you’re always going to face an uphill battle.

Now it’s a waiting game for Johnstone. If Aston Villa get promoted via the play-offs, it looks as though he’ll have two decent offers on the table for him. I’d urge him to stick with Steve Bruce, though; as the former United player has been an integral part of his development.

I just get the impression that the time is right for Johnstone to move on permanently. His value isn’t ever going to be higher for the Red Devils, so cash in now and let the Englishman go out and get week-in-week-out Premier League football.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.