Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Derby County have circulated a statement to their staff

Mon May 21, 2018 7:53 pm

STOKE IN ROWETT TALKS

21/05/18

Derby County have circulated a statement to their staff following the news Gary Rowett has requested to talk to Stoke City about their managerial vacancy.

It reads: "Derby County FC can confirm that Gary Rowett has asked for permission to speak with Stoke City regarding the vacant manager’s position at the Bet 365 Stadium.

"The club is now in discussion with Stoke regarding the matter, and will update our supporters in due course."

Re: Derby County have circulated a statement to their staff

Mon May 21, 2018 8:52 pm

Both clubs in the Championship next season - But less snow in Stoke ,could be the deal breaker ;)

Mon May 21, 2018 9:10 pm

Rowett is Paul Lambert mk 2, he jumps ship at every opportunity and fails at every club.

Shit manager, Stoke had any sense they’d appoint a hungry young manager in the mould of Eddie Howe, someone like Paul Hurst of Shrewsbury, if they don’t win play offs

Mon May 21, 2018 9:27 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Rowett is Paul Lambert mk 2, he jumps ship at every opportunity and fails at every club.

Shit manager, Stoke had any sense they’d appoint a hungry young manager in the mould of Eddie Howe, someone like Paul Hurst of Shrewsbury, if they don’t win play offs

He did a good job at Burton and Birmingham, and I think he’s a good manager personally. Derby is a difficult job because of the expectation mixed with the nerves around that club.

Think he’ll do well at Stoke.

Think I read that Ipswich were in for Paul Hurst?

Tue May 22, 2018 7:15 am

the weather will be a massive lure it's life changing, Stoke is dry Derby has snow all year round.

Tue May 22, 2018 7:24 am

Think its more to do with Derby are going to be hit with financial fairplay restrictions due to not being promoted so there’s going to be a scaleback like us under Slade. Rowett knows this so is jumping ship early!

Tue May 22, 2018 8:13 am

Wolfpac wrote:Rowett is Paul Lambert mk 2, he jumps ship at every opportunity and fails at every club.

Agree :thumbright:

And Derby will be hit hard next season by FFP Rules, Which means Rowett may not be able to keep or improve his current squad (that fell short in the end)

I also recall he was pushed out by Birmingham City when they were last doing well...and look what's happened to them since! :ayatollah:

Tue May 22, 2018 9:02 am

WelshPatriot wrote:the weather will be a massive lure it's life changing, Stoke is dry Derby has snow all year round.

:lol:

Tue May 22, 2018 9:11 am

I tend to agree with you here, he does seem like a bottler who fails to get Clubs over the line when you look at his record.

He got the Burton job and lost in the Play Offs twice before jumping ship to take the Birmingham job, incidentally as soon as he left Burton went on to back to back Promotions! 2 ways of looking at that I suppose, 1 he laid all the foundations or 2 he didn't have the nous to get them to the next level.

He was doing a decent job at Birmingham I can't deny that, but again at Derby now, bottled it and now looking to leave.

I think he is probably a half decent manager but massively overrated

Tue May 22, 2018 2:36 pm

He's a decent Championship manager, who may, or may not, get Stoke promoted. Parachute payments will help, though.

Tue May 22, 2018 2:55 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:He's a decent Championship manager, who may, or may not, get Stoke promoted. Parachute payments will help, though.

But what makes him any better than say Neil Harris, Dean Smith, even say Lee Johnson at the Wurzels, I would say all of them have done a better if not equally good job at their respective Clubs on a far less budget than Rowett, I think it's a poor appointment by Stoke personally, they could have got better with their resources and I reckon they would have gone straight back up if they kept the base of their team with Butland, Shawcross, Allen etc.

I agree with you on Origi btw, good shout that if you could get him on the cheap :thumbup:

Tue May 22, 2018 3:01 pm

RV Casual wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:He's a decent Championship manager, who may, or may not, get Stoke promoted. Parachute payments will help, though.

But what makes him any better than say Neil Harris, Dean Smith, even say Lee Johnson at the Wurzels, I would say all of them have done a better if not equally good job at their respective Clubs on a far less budget than Rowett, I think it's a poor appointment by Stoke personally, they could have got better with their resources and I reckon they would have gone straight back up if they kept the base of their team with Butland, Shawcross, Allen etc.

I agree with you on Origi btw, good shout that if you could get him on the cheap :thumbup:

I don't think Rowett is any better than those you mention, especially Neil Harris. Just a decent enough Championship manager. I didn't say anything about Origi; don't know who he is, to be honest!

Tue May 22, 2018 3:04 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

I don't think Rowett is any better than those you mention, especially Neil Harris. Just a decent enough Championship manager. I didn't say anything about Origi; don't know who he is, to be honest!

:lol: :lol: My bad, got my posters mixed up :thumbup: