Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Ryan Giggs open to Wales playing at “

Mon May 21, 2018 9:38 pm

“ Ryan Giggs open to Wales playing at “

BBC

Wales manager Ryan Giggs says he is open to his side playing a match in Wrexham again.

The Racecourse has hosted almost 100 Wales games over the years - but none since 2008.

Around 3,000 fans watched Wales' opening training session there on Monday.

The team will now fly to California for a friendly against Mexico on 29 May

Re: “ Ryan Giggs open to Wales playing at “

Tue May 22, 2018 2:24 pm

Good.

Tue May 22, 2018 4:42 pm

I wouldn't have thought its up to standard any longer. Only three sides can be used. It would need upgrading first.

Tue May 22, 2018 4:50 pm

JJ1927 wrote:I wouldn't have thought its up to standard any longer. Only three sides can be used. It would need upgrading first.

It's nowhere near up to standard. Last game I saw up there was Wales v New Zealand, (the All Whites), friendly, about ten, twelve years ago. 2-2. It's a great old ground, though.

Tue May 22, 2018 5:01 pm

We’ll have crowds of five thousand dads and kids by the time he’s finished.

He’s about as much use as Trollope

Tue May 22, 2018 6:07 pm

genuine question are there any other international sides who move around their country?

I know we don't have our own international ground but the CCS has become a home for Wales.

Tue May 22, 2018 6:31 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:genuine question are there any other international sides who move around their country?

I know we don't have our own international ground but the CCS has become a home for Wales.

England want to start using Old Trafford, Villa Park, Anfield etc - especially if they sell Wembley to the Fulham owner.

Personally I think we should stick to CCS for qualifiers, maybe play the odd friendly at Wrexham, Swansea or Millennium.

Not a fan of Giggs as a person but don’t like how people are writing him off before he’s even managed a campaign.

Tue May 22, 2018 7:46 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:genuine question are there any other international sides who move around their country?

yes most do

Tue May 22, 2018 7:51 pm

Italy do, depending on the fixture, and the opposition. Big games in Rome or Milan, possibly Naples. Otherwise, all over, including Sardinia and Sicily. It's often said that the only thing that unites Italy is the national team, the Azzurri.

Wed May 23, 2018 5:18 am

f*cking Denmark do the twats.