Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

New manager appointed at West Ham £7mill a yr wage

Tue May 22, 2018 8:01 am

Pellegrini new West Ham boss

Manuel Pellegrini will receive around £7m a year at West Ham, according to Sky sources.

22/05/18

Manuel Pellegrini has been appointed as the new West Ham manager.

Cardiff fans will have fond memories of facing the Chilean.

Back in 2013, Cardiff recorded a shock 3-2 victory over his star-studded Manchester City team - who went on to win the Premier League title that season.

Re: New manager appointed at West Ham

Tue May 22, 2018 9:09 am

Manuel Pellegrini has promised West Ham fans that his team will play “attacking football” next season in the Premier League.

Pellegrini said: “I’m very happy because I return to a league that, for me, and I always say the same thing, is the best league in the world, and especially because I come here to West Ham because every time I spoke with the owner mister Sullivan, I always had the feeling that he wants me.

“I think that West Ham had a difficult season last season and I hope that next season we are going to play football that will delight the fans. I always play attacking football and we must try to reach important targets in the season…..I am excited about this project. My mentality is always to have a winning mentality and I will hope that I can repeat here what I did with all my clubs here in Europe, where I have always arrived in European competition.”

Re: New manager appointed at West Ham

Tue May 22, 2018 9:10 am

THE NUMBERS

Manuel Pellegrini will receive around £7m a year at West Ham, according to Sky sources.

He'll be the club's best ever paid manager. He was earning £16m a year in China.

Re: New manager appointed at West Ham £7mill a yr wage

Tue May 22, 2018 9:13 am

TONY GALE HAS DOUBTS

Former West Ham player Tony Gale has doubts about whether Manuel Pellegrini can improve the situation at West Ham - unless he's given significant money to spend.

When asked whether Pellegrini can improve their situation, he said: "Not with those players. He’d be hard pushed to improve those players from last season. What they need to do is not sell their best players and add to the current squad. Hopefully he’s had a proviso with the board that there is money to spend – otherwise why would he want to come to the club? After having the funds he had at Man City – it’ll be interesting to see how he copes at West Ham."

Tue May 22, 2018 9:39 am

Forever Blue wrote:TONY GALE HAS DOUBTS

Former West Ham player Tony Gale has doubts about whether Manuel Pellegrini can improve the situation at West Ham - unless he's given significant money to spend.

When asked whether Pellegrini can improve their situation, he said: "Not with those players. He’d be hard pushed to improve those players from last season. What they need to do is not sell their best players and add to the current squad. Hopefully he’s had a proviso with the board that there is money to spend – otherwise why would he want to come to the club? After having the funds he had at Man City – it’ll be interesting to see how he copes at West Ham."

My thoughts exactly !!!

I would have thought Moyes was a great Manager at that level, I really can't see Pellegrini offering more, although it will be interesting to see if he is as good as they think ???

Tue May 22, 2018 11:02 am

Will be very interesting, it's a massive gamble assuming they are going to give him big backing!

It does seem there will be a huge turnover of players, Sam Bryam could be a good Right back target for us. Warnock speaks highly of him in his book from his time with Leeds.

As for massive gambles.... How about one for us..... Andy Carroll on Loan with a significant contribution to wages from West ham.

Tue May 22, 2018 12:56 pm

Can we have West Ham 1st game at home. Sweet memories of his last visit :bluescarf:

Tue May 22, 2018 1:20 pm

And you used to moan about Dave Jones's wages.(800k) :lol:

Tue May 22, 2018 8:27 pm

Daya would have done it for less ;)