Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ian Holloway Makes a Statement

Tue May 22, 2018 8:59 am

IAN HOLLOWAY STATEMENT

22/05/18

Ian Holloway has spoken for the first time since being sacked as QPR manager – admitting he’s “bitterly disappointed” to have lost his job.

He told the LMA: "It has been a privilege and honour to have been QPR manager not once but twice, for over 300 matches.

"I am bitterly disappointed to have been asked to leave the club, but I proudly believe it is in a better place than when I arrived.

"I'm sure the club will go on from strength to strength and I thank the fans for their wonderful passion and the support they gave me and my team.

"I thoroughly enjoyed my tenure and wish the club all the very best for the future. Come on you Rs!"

Re: Ian Holloway Makes a Statement

Tue May 22, 2018 2:40 pm

I'd always thought of him as Bristol Rovers through and through, but obviously QPR mean a lot to him. Classy statement, fair play.

Re: Ian Holloway Makes a Statement

Tue May 22, 2018 7:06 pm

Decent bloke and always seems to have had a good word to say about City over the years, but I'm glad he's not our manager.
However, when we had Russ and Trolly I was desperate enough to want Olly even though he can be a bit of a twerp.
Alyways employable and gives 100% so good luck to him in his new venture.