Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gary Rowett could be named manager today

Tue May 22, 2018 9:59 am

GARY ROWETT LATEST

22/05/18

Gary Rowett could be named as Stoke's new manager today, according to Sky sources.

Derby have accepted a £1.8million compensation package and Rowett will replace Paul Lambert following the club's relegation.

Re: Gary Rowett could be named manager today

Tue May 22, 2018 10:33 am

Has Rowett taken his backroom staff with him including the members of the Safety Advisor Group? ;)

Tue May 22, 2018 11:51 am

theres a lot of cold tuesday nights at stoke, not sure hes the man for the job

Tue May 22, 2018 11:59 am

Looks like Derby will need to have a manager who can implement a programme of cost cutting and selling of players to comply with FFP.

I know just the man!

Step forward Sir Russell of Slade!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Got to be top of their wish list surely!

Tue May 22, 2018 12:06 pm

Brum got rid of him double quick after saying he was the motivational man-manager they needed at the time. Not sure what Stoke want but I'm interested on how they see Snowett leading them. And as a few folks have said, it indicates that Derby maybe in for a tough season. Ho Ho Ho.

Tue May 22, 2018 1:28 pm

Don't really understand the criticism of Rowett going to Stoke. The derby fans couldn't wait to get rid of him during their bad run in the season. He had a decent end to the season got them to the playoffs and now the Derby fans are vilifying him for leaving :lol: :happy1:

Tue May 22, 2018 2:29 pm

davids wrote:Looks like Derby will need to have a manager who can implement a programme of cost cutting and selling of players to comply with FFP.

I know just the man!

Step forward Sir Russell of Slade!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Got to be top of their wish list surely!

He did all that, and kept us in the Championship. 11th and 8th, if I remember right.