Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How about Divock Origi

Tue May 22, 2018 2:26 pm

Don't judge too quick on this one, I know he has hardly been prolific with Liverpool and In Germany this year. However for me he has shown he has all the raw materials, just doesnt have the confidence, we all know this is NW biggest strength.
Still only 23, one year left on his contract and I'm sure Liverpool will want rid. Could be a cheap deal there somwhere. If he forfills his promise he could be a top top striker.

Re: How about Divock Origi

Tue May 22, 2018 2:36 pm

Depends how much the want didn't they pay a decent fee for him??

Tue May 22, 2018 2:49 pm

Gringo22 wrote:Depends how much the want didn't they pay a decent fee for him??

Looks like Liverpool paid £11m for him back in 2014. Loaned him to Wolvsburg last season, but they don't want to make perm.

He has just failed to make the world Cup squad, so will be desperate for a fresh start.

Only one year left on his contract, I could see them cashing in between 5-8m with a sellon

Tue May 22, 2018 3:09 pm

langstoneBlue wrote:
Gringo22 wrote:Depends how much the want didn't they pay a decent fee for him??

Looks like Liverpool paid £11m for him back in 2014. Loaned him to Wolvsburg last season, but they don't want to make perm.

He has just failed to make the world Cup squad, so will be desperate for a fresh start.

Only one year left on his contract, I could see them cashing in between 5-8m with a sellon

Too much of a gamble for me. Need proven players.

Tue May 22, 2018 3:11 pm

got voted in the worst 11 when he went to Germany.
i'd rather Gestede back.... actually.... nar play with 10 instead. cheaper.

Tue May 22, 2018 3:32 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:got voted in the worst 11 when he went to Germany.

Think you mean when in France, Liverpool loaned him back for a year before takinv him. He scored 8 in 30 games that season as a 19 year old so surprised he made worst 11.

Also played and scored in World Cup at 19 and been a regular with Belgium.

But unfair on the lad to suggest we'd be better with 10 players lol

Tue May 22, 2018 3:34 pm

We may be able to get him on a loan with the view to buy along with Grujic?

Tue May 22, 2018 3:45 pm

langstoneBlue wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:got voted in the worst 11 when he went to Germany.

Think you mean when in France, Liverpool loaned him back for a year before takinv him. He scored 8 in 30 games that season as a 19 year old so surprised he made worst 11.

Also played and scored in World Cup at 19 and been a regular with Belgium.

But unfair on the lad to suggest we'd be better with 10 players lol

sorry i stand corrected.
Also i was only joking haha. I was actually on about Gestede, id rather play with 10 over Gestede :lol: :lol:

Tue May 22, 2018 3:47 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:We may be able to get him on a loan with the view to buy along with Grujic?

If he only has 1 year left then if we loaned him he would become a free at the end of the loan.

Its a no for me.

Tue May 22, 2018 6:32 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:We may be able to get him on a loan with the view to buy along with Grujic?

You can only have one loan at a time from the same (English) club in the Premier League - if you are suggesting loans for Grujic and Origi:

Under the rules in the Premier League Handbook 2017/18, there are restrictions on how many players Premier League clubs can loan from other Premier League/English clubs.

They are:
- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club

https://www.premierleague.com/news/464747

Tue May 22, 2018 6:37 pm

Good shout.

Scored some very good goals at Liverpool. Given the right service, I think he can score 10-15 in the Premier League.

Tue May 22, 2018 10:03 pm

Didn't know about the loan rule. However I don't think a loan is an optio for Origi anyway, he only has 1 year left on contract and can't see him or Liverpool wanting to extend.
Everything points to a sale this summer. I'm sure Liverpool would accept a small fee with a decent sell on or buy back.
I'm just trying to thing of names that aren't currently over hyped and being chased by everyone, but has shown they have the ability.

Wed May 23, 2018 8:11 am

jon1959 wrote:

You can only have one loan at a time from the same (English) club in the Premier League - if you are suggesting loans for Grujic and Origi:

Under the rules in the Premier League Handbook 2017/18, there are restrictions on how many players Premier League clubs can loan from other Premier League/English clubs.

They are:
- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club

Bloody hell I didn't realise that. We'll end up with Harry Wilson then :laughing5:

Wed May 23, 2018 8:11 am

jon1959 wrote:

They are:

Bloody hell I didn't realise that. We'll end up with Harry Wilson then :laughing5: