Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Swansea interview managers “

Tue May 22, 2018 6:43 pm

Guardian

Graham Potter has been interviewed by Swansea City with a view to being appointed their new manager. The 43-year-old, who has enjoyed remarkable success with the Swedish club Östersund, held talks with Steve Kaplan and Jason Levien, Swansea’s majority shareholders, and is now the leading contender to take over at the Liberty Stadium.

Frank de Boer and Jaap Stam have also been interviewed for a position that became vacant after Swansea parted company with Carlos Carvalhal on Friday, in the wake of their relegation to the Championship. Although Brentford’s Dean Smith and Bristol City’s Lee Johnson have also come under consideration, neither is believed to be in the running as Swansea move towards appointing their fifth manager in the space of 19 months.

Re: “ Swansea interview managers “

Tue May 22, 2018 7:02 pm

I would like to see Kevin Cullis back in charge there

Tue May 22, 2018 7:19 pm

It's on the Job Centre website now :laughing6: they are Fekin desperate :laughing6: :laughing6: :old:

Tue May 22, 2018 8:07 pm

Looks like Harry Potter has got the job .

Tue May 22, 2018 8:12 pm

They need Harry Potter to disappear the crazy salary they were paying 200 grand for 2 strikers who were useless some of the other wages were not to bad but Aywew and Bony who would buy them or loan them on those wages I thought we were in a mess when we went down with Kenwyn on 40 grand lol

Tue May 22, 2018 9:41 pm

Bring back BOB BRADLEY

Wed May 23, 2018 10:02 am

This job is a massive one and crying out for an experienced Manager, like Warnock or Steve Bruce or Pullis.

Dean Smith would look the best on that list, he has done well in the Championship at Brentford on a tight budget, but is the favourite for Derby, so will probably end up there.

I think they will struggle with Potter he sounds like Ole Gunner, the Championship is a tough league and you really need experience but not in Sweden !!! Japp Stam would be like Trollope, they are right in the shit :laughing6: :ayatollah: :occasion5: