Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED: “ GARY ROWETT “

Tue May 22, 2018 8:02 pm

Stoke City have appointed Derby County manager Gary Rowett as their new manager on a three-year contract.

ROWETT IMPRESSED WITH STOKE VISION

Here's what Gary Rowett has had to say after his appointment as Stoke manager...

"This has come around quite quickly, but I am absolutely delighted to make the move to such an ambitious football club. This is a Club that has had amazing stability over the years, has been established in the Premier League for some time and the challenge for me now is, of course, to get Stoke City back into that division as soon as possible."

STOKE REACTION

Here's what Stoke chairman and vice-chairman Peter and John Coates have had to say on Rowett's appointment...

“We are delighted to be able to move so quickly to secure Gary’s services and we are now looking forward to working with him towards our objective of returning to the Premier League as soon as possible.”

Re: “ GARY ROWETT “

Tue May 22, 2018 8:08 pm

Derby are going to be in trouble next season bought players for big money and clearly not enough of them as 1 or 2 out through injury or banned and they have to have made up heavy snow to postpone games I am certain they will have to sell players because of the fair play rules so any manager of derby will not have any money to buy players either.

Will they get 12 million for Tom Laurence I doubt it he is good player but is he worth 12 million.

Derby deserve it after they cheated us

Tue May 22, 2018 8:17 pm

valleyrambill wrote:Derby are going to be in trouble next season bought players for big money and clearly not enough of them as 1 or 2 out through injury or banned and they have to have made up heavy snow to postpone games I am certain they will have to sell players because of the fair play rules so any manager of derby will not have any money to buy players either.

Will they get 12 million for Tom Laurence I doubt it he is good player but is he worth 12 million.

Derby deserve it after they cheated us

He was on offer for £1M at the end of the season before .

Tue May 22, 2018 9:44 pm

What goes around comes around

Re: UPDATED: “ GARY ROWETT “

Wed May 23, 2018 5:55 am

ROWETT IMPRESSED WITH STOKE VISION

Here's what Gary Rowett has had to say after his appointment as Stoke manager...

"This has come around quite quickly, but I am absolutely delighted to make the move to such an ambitious football club. This is a Club that has had amazing stability over the years, has been established in the Premier League for some time and the challenge for me now is, of course, to get Stoke City back into that division as soon as possible."

STOKE REACTION

Here's what Stoke chairman and vice-chairman Peter and John Coates have had to say on Rowett's appointment...

“We are delighted to be able to move so quickly to secure Gary’s services and we are now looking forward to working with him towards our objective of returning to the Premier League as soon as possible.”

Wed May 23, 2018 4:29 pm

It does feel like justice has been served on Derby after their Snowgate antics. Cheating will usually catch up with you in the end.

Wed May 23, 2018 5:06 pm

Halifax93 wrote:It does feel like justice has been served on Derby after their Snowgate antics. Cheating will usually catch up with you in the end.

only time will tell but Derby might have had the best end of this..
strong contenders for automatic before a run of 8 without a win.. they now get compensation for a manager they might well have considered sacking.?

Wed May 23, 2018 5:06 pm

£12m for Tom Lawrence? FML. He's one of Britain's two "no footed" players, the other being Stewart Downing.... :lol: :lol:

Wed May 23, 2018 8:08 pm

dogfound wrote:
Halifax93 wrote:It does feel like justice has been served on Derby after their Snowgate antics. Cheating will usually catch up with you in the end.

only time will tell but Derby might have had the best end of this..
strong contenders for automatic before a run of 8 without a win.. they now get compensation for a manager they might well have considered sacking.?

That's a fair point but from the outside it looks like the roof is caving in on them. As you say, only time will tell.

Wed May 23, 2018 8:44 pm

Just like his shit team he's bottled it big time.

Instead of staying and trying to get Derby up next season he's realised that with FFP restrictions he's going to struggle big time and he needs to cash in quickly before people begin to realise that there is more than a hint of "Emperor's New Clothes" about him and he's not as good as he thinks he is.

You can't keep changing jobs Gary - one day clubs will realise that you're really not very good.

And a cheat.