Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Bolton Wanderers' transfer kitty kicked-off by Gary Madi

Wed May 23, 2018 11:02 am

dogfound wrote:Warnock wanted a target man to take the pressure off/or put the pressure { depending how you view it } on Zohore..

and we are in the premier league..........anyone that thinks that was poor business needs to sober up.

Totally agree madine had some good games without scoring it's a team game

Wed May 23, 2018 11:42 am

Whilst one can never feel sorry for a man who probably became a millionaire by sitting on the bench most of his time at City, I did when watching him. He was never going to score really from the sort of crosses put over to him and the style of City's play. He was good at holding the ball up to take the pressure off but in hindsight it was a desperate signing by Warnock who needed a body up top, as said numerous times, to motivate Zahore. Maybe he was not spoiled for choice with Grabban choosing in his opinion a bigger club.

I would not at all be surprised to see him loaned out next season to a championship club.

Wed May 23, 2018 5:51 pm

wez1927 wrote:
dogfound wrote:Warnock wanted a target man to take the pressure off/or put the pressure { depending how you view it } on Zohore..

and we are in the premier league..........anyone that thinks that was poor business needs to sober up.

What good games though? Derby missing 2 sitters? Wolves missing a sitter and a penalty?

Thu May 24, 2018 9:33 am

Danny Says wrote:Whilst one can never feel sorry for a man who probably became a millionaire by sitting on the bench most of his time at City, I did when watching him. He was never going to score really from the sort of crosses put over to him and the style of City's play. He was good at holding the ball up to take the pressure off but in hindsight it was a desperate signing by Warnock who needed a body up top, as said numerous times, to motivate Zahore. Maybe he was not spoiled for choice with Grabban choosing in his opinion a bigger club.

I would not at all be surprised to see him loaned out next season to a championship club.

Not until he scores a goal otherwise I owe Thomas a drink ;)

Thu May 24, 2018 10:22 am

Wasn't given a run of games to establish himself but maybe the prem is more suited to him, besides he does something that we will desperately need and that is hold ball up very well! And if eorks out 6m is peanuts. :old:

Thu May 24, 2018 10:34 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Danny Says wrote:Whilst one can never feel sorry for a man who probably became a millionaire by sitting on the bench most of his time at City, I did when watching him. He was never going to score really from the sort of crosses put over to him and the style of City's play. He was good at holding the ball up to take the pressure off but in hindsight it was a desperate signing by Warnock who needed a body up top, as said numerous times, to motivate Zahore. Maybe he was not spoiled for choice with Grabban choosing in his opinion a bigger club.

Not until he scores a goal otherwise I owe Thomas a drink ;)

I can taste the wheaty bubbles as I write this hmmm :thumbup: :occasion5: :occasion5:

Thu May 24, 2018 2:05 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Massive confidence player, don't think he's had much chance to settle into the squad with his team mates, hopefully a decent preseason with bonding and Warnock putting his arm around him could do the trick and we may have the striker on our hands that could do well in the Prem.

I'm happy to give Gary a chance to prove himself

Totally agree.

Thu May 24, 2018 3:09 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

What good games though? Derby missing 2 sitters? Wolves missing a sitter and a penalty?

Ipswich and Norwich stand out

Thu May 24, 2018 5:20 pm

ThomasC wrote:
glas wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
buckleys brewery wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:shocking business that.

Worst than shocking. £6m for a league one player.

You have to worry giving Warnock big money. Tomlin and Madine right up there in the worst buys in our history. Great manager no doubt, talent spotter though? :|

Agree. People keep complaining about Malky MacKay, but the club have lost more on Warnock signings than any of MM's.
Add up Madine, Tomlin and Bogle and that's over £10 million wasted. Lucky to get £2 million back from them 3.

A very good point. MM wasted on Acorn and not much else. Imagine Warnock spending your millions, you'd be sh*tting yourself right through till September.

Nicky Maynard - £2.5 million
Kim Bo - £2.5 million
Bradford - £2 million
Theophile - £2 million
Kenny Miller - £900k
Kiss - £500k
Velikonja - £2 million

So don’t give me any of that pish that it was just Acorn.

Sat May 26, 2018 1:24 pm

maccydee wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
glas wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
buckleys brewery wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:shocking business that.

Worst than shocking. £6m for a league one player.

You have to worry giving Warnock big money. Tomlin and Madine right up there in the worst buys in our history. Great manager no doubt, talent spotter though? :|

Agree. People keep complaining about Malky MacKay, but the club have lost more on Warnock signings than any of MM's.
Add up Madine, Tomlin and Bogle and that's over £10 million wasted. Lucky to get £2 million back from them 3.

A very good point. MM wasted on Acorn and not much else. Imagine Warnock spending your millions, you'd be sh*tting yourself right through till September.

Nicky Maynard - £2.5 million
Kim Bo - £2.5 million
Bradford - £2 million
Theophile - £2 million
Kenny Miller - £900k
Kiss - £500k
Velikonja - £2 million

So don’t give me any of that pish that it was just Acorn.

Gone quiet after trying to peddle his bull and proven wrong. Funny that.