Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Hard to admit this

Wed May 23, 2018 9:22 pm

ThomasC wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:What planet are some people on

Cardiff City have everything ready stadium wise and fanbase to maintain Premier League status. Are the club planning properly to ensure it?? MADINE, Tomlin, Bogle (£10mil).

Mate I think you need to look at every other club in the top 6 and how they've spent then re-evaluate that statement. Our NET spend was around 5m.

I'd understand if you were singling out his tactics and how they may fail us this year but to say he wastes money is just pure idiotic.

Wed May 23, 2018 9:32 pm

nubbsy wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

Cardiff City have everything ready stadium wise and fanbase to maintain Premier League status. Are the club planning properly to ensure it?? MADINE, Tomlin, Bogle (£10mil).

Mate I think you need to look at every other club in the top 6 and how they've spent then re-evaluate that statement. Our NET spend was around 5m.

I'd understand if you were singling out his tactics and how they may fail us this year but to say he wastes money is just pure idiotic.

Agree if we didn't go up it would of only been 2 million for madine which is peanuts

Thu May 24, 2018 5:08 am

nubbsy wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

Our net spend was about 10m

More than villa, Fulham, boro and derby

Thu May 24, 2018 1:02 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

oh for when life was simple pre bosman..
lots of fees are undisclosed..2 of those clubs have loan players that they payed large loan fees for { seen differing amounts quoted } who they may and may not have agreements to sign.and thats before you start on signing on fees and wages..
doubt our net spend all things considered is higher than Fulham..certainly doesnt come close to Villa..

Thu May 24, 2018 1:19 pm

dogfound wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

lots of fees are undisclosed..2 of those clubs have loan players that they payed large loan fees for { seen differing amounts quoted } who they may and may not have agreements to sign.and thats before you start on signing on fees and wages..
doubt our net spend all things considered is higher than Fulham..certainly doesnt come close to Villa..

it was much bigger than Villas. who i believe made a transfer profit this season - more than enough to pay for snodgrass on loan

Thu May 24, 2018 2:01 pm

I still think Warnock deserves his chance to manage and I will be 100% behind him no matter what but I do still wonder if it was better for him to leave and let someone who could get us away from relegation in the first season. I do sort of see where the OP is coming from.

Thu May 24, 2018 2:06 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

it was much bigger than Villas. who i believe made a transfer profit this season - more than enough to pay for snodgrass on loan

your just being silly....

Thu May 24, 2018 2:31 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:To be honest my thinking is the other way entirely.

We need to do everything we can to make Warnock a key pillar the club is built upon.

It's not just what is on the pitch that needs considering, it is his influence in bringing harmony to the club - something he has achieved in just 18 months. We were on our knees before Warnock came - massive apathy amongst the fans, huge divides between the club and the fanbase and second from bottom of the league.

Now the club, the fans and the team are united as one and there is a real buzz around the whole city about CCFC.

It's not surprising that there are so many references and comparison's to the Eddie May era as for many this is the first time that the sheer joy of being a City fan has reached those heights that got us all hooked as kids back in the early 90s.

Seriously can anyone think of a more impressive turnaround, by any sporting team ever in history in such a short time? There probably are a few out there but these kinds of things don't happen very often - and if we don't build upon this we only have our selves to blame.

The thing is I genuinely believe that for us to be able to build upon this all we have to do is show Warnock our belief, trust and faith. He's the kind of guy that thrives on that and will do anything he can to take the club forward. :ayatollah:

Great points raised :thumbup:

Great post :thumbup:

Thu May 24, 2018 2:44 pm

dogfound wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

am i ?

you incorrectly said our net spend was 5m and told someone to look at other clubs.

have you?

as mentioned, we spend more (net) than villa wolves derby and boro

Thu May 24, 2018 5:41 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

am i ?

you incorrectly said our net spend was 5m and told someone to look at other clubs.

have you?

yes you are...id imagine you know when your being silly too..?

Thu May 24, 2018 5:57 pm

dogfound wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

am i ?

have you?

No idea what the net spend is at Wolves, but their accounts show them forking out £70m on new players in last two seasons.

Thu May 24, 2018 6:04 pm

Since when had net spend been the "thing" anyway?

If you spend 50million and sell 45million your are still seriously well outspending a club that spends 10million and brings in 4million.

Thu May 24, 2018 6:04 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

am i ?

have you?

No idea what the net spend is at Wolves, but their accounts show them forking out £70m on new players in last two seasons.

yes...i dont think he is talking about actual ACCOUNTS here...more the guessed and totally made up figures on sites like transfrmarkt

Thu May 24, 2018 6:09 pm

I think Warnock deserves a go in thr Prem...but I do Understand Thomasc ,point....all about opinions..no need to slag him off tho.

Thu May 24, 2018 6:47 pm

Oh please ignore ThomasC, sadly he is one of these negative so called fans that doesn't really follow Cardiff and actually supports Man Utd or Liverpool. Just ignore the troll, anyone who loves and supports Cardiff will be fully behind Warnock and ignore this nonsense

Thu May 24, 2018 8:47 pm

dogfound wrote:
yes...i dont think he is talking about actual ACCOUNTS here...more the guessed and totally made up figures on sites like transfrmarkt

Irony...

Where did your 5m net spend figure come from?

Thu May 24, 2018 8:49 pm

AndyHazy wrote:Oh please ignore ThomasC, sadly he is one of these negative so called fans that doesn't really follow Cardiff and actually supports Man Utd or Liverpool. Just ignore the troll, anyone who loves and supports Cardiff will be fully behind Warnock and ignore this nonsense

Glad you didn't ignore it tho

Thu May 24, 2018 8:59 pm

AndyHazy wrote:Oh please ignore ThomasC, sadly he is one of these negative so called fans that doesn't really follow Cardiff and actually supports Man Utd or Liverpool. Just ignore the troll, anyone who loves and supports Cardiff will be fully behind Warnock and ignore this nonsense

Who did you used to post as?? :sleepy2: :wave:

Thu May 24, 2018 9:25 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Irony...

Where did your 5m net spend figure come from?

erm...it came from your head mate coz i havent said 5mill.

Thu May 24, 2018 10:49 pm

Were all doomed. Fold the club!

Fri May 25, 2018 6:05 am

llangainbluebird wrote:Were all doomed. Fold the club!

Absolutely not! Warnock put the club on the map again :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I just question if he's the right man to continue to build on the outstanding successes of the last year. The owners' decision of course and no right or wrong decision as we haven't played a match yet!

We have a billionaire who's content with his manager scouting for Scottish talent to keep us up. I'm concerned that's all.

Fri May 25, 2018 6:42 am

ThomasC wrote:

Absolutely not! Warnock put the club on the map again :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I just question if he's the right man to continue to build on the outstanding successes of the last year. The owners' decision of course and no right or wrong decision as we haven't played a match yet!

We have a billionaire who's content with his manager scouting for Scottish talent to keep us up. I'm concerned that's all.

Trouble is your'e reading the same snippets and second guesses as the rest of us but taking it to an extreme.What authority do you have it on that we are only looking at the Scottish leagues?And for that matter do you think we are the only Prem club to be looking in that area.Scotland have always produced top players and you shouldn't judge the merits of any player judged on the standard of the league they play in.Other clubs pay a fortune for foreign players that don't always work.Come to think of it we did the last time we went up.

Fri May 25, 2018 6:56 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

Trouble is your'e reading the same snippets and second guesses as the rest of us but taking it to an extreme.What authority do you have it on that we are only looking at the Scottish leagues?And for that matter do you think we are the only Prem club to be looking in that area.Scotland have always produced top players and you shouldn't judge the merits of any player judged on the standard of the league they play in.Other clubs pay a fortune for foreign players that don't always work.Come to think of it we did the last time we went up.

Take the point about standards of leagues. At least youngsters get a chance to play in less afluent leagues.

Scotland not really doing that much in world football though, they're no Croatia.

Your point about spending on shite foreigners is very true as well. Stoke have paid millions on crap foreign players in recent times. There are fears both sides of the coin.

Fri May 25, 2018 7:06 am

Q) what do you call 11 Scotsmen on a football pitch
a) $hit

Fri May 25, 2018 8:17 am

When the best player in the country is a left back. You got serious issues.

Fri May 25, 2018 8:19 am

kimble wrote:I think Warnock deserves a go in thr Prem...but I do Understand Thomasc ,point....all about opinions..no need to slag him off tho.

Warnock { 8 promotions over 20 odd years with out being a big spender anywhere and just had a fantastic season here } should go NOW. wastes money and cant spot talent.
oh yes i can see his point too... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri May 25, 2018 8:21 am

dogfound wrote:
kimble wrote:I think Warnock deserves a go in thr Prem...but I do Understand Thomasc ,point....all about opinions..no need to slag him off tho.

Warnock { 8 promotions over 20 odd years with out being a big spender anywhere and just had a fantastic season here } should go NOW. wastes money and cant spot talent.

It's my opinion and I own it! :laughing6: all the big money given to him are now worthless investments. Debatable if any were needed. Should of brought Revell back

Fri May 25, 2018 8:46 am

ThomasC wrote:
dogfound wrote:

It's my opinion and I own it! :laughing6: all the big money given to him are now worthless investments. Debatable if any were needed. Should of brought Revell back

yes YOUR opinion . which isnt in itself shocking.
managing to find 3 posters to think its worth debating that Warnock should go NOW...cant spot talent...and wastes money, let alone big money is more of a shock though...

so..i suppose its well done..3 must be more than you imagined youd get.?

Fri May 25, 2018 8:50 am

dogfound wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
dogfound wrote:

yes YOUR opinion . which isnt in itself shocking.
managing to find 3 posters to think its worth debating that Warnock should go NOW...cant spot talent...and wastes money, let alone big money is more of a shock though...

so..i suppose its well done..3 must be more than you imagined youd get.?

I think you'll find they disagreed with me too :roll: look, the man is in his 70's, there are question marks about him at elite level outside the Cardiff city bubble. Just hope next season the bubble doesn't pop :thumbright: :thumbup:

Fri May 25, 2018 3:35 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

am i ?

have you?

That was me!...I'm not a stato but ok i accept your statement about net spend maybe more informed than mine.

But we didn't have a massive star studded squad to balance anything out. Fact is every manager buys a few duds but Warnocks done wonders with the money I don't see how anyone can't see that tbh