Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Hard to admit this

Fri May 25, 2018 8:39 pm

RV Casual wrote:Cut the lad a bit of slack fellas.

He's only saying what a lot of people are thinking at the end of the day, it's not personal.

Anyone who follows Football would/should know that players and managers have limitations, and whilst absolutely superb at what he does, the general consensus in Football circles seems to be that Warnocks limitations are the Championship, I'm not saying I agree with that BTW.

That's not an attack on him or putting him down, Usain Bolt was a sprinter, but would be a shit long distance runner, Mo Farrah is a long distance runner but could never cut it as a sprinter. Neil Warnock is a superb championship manager but the jury is out on if he can cut it at the top.

He deserves a chance so I disagree with the OP that he should have been replaced, but I can see where he is coming from, for me if we are in the bottom 3 at the start of the new year then that is absolutely fine, as long as we are fighting and in touch, if we are 10 points adrift and sinking like a stone then he goes.

Warnock deserves the season for what he has done for this club, if we are relegated who better than the man himself to bring us back up , just like burnley did with Sean Dyche and look where they are now, I’m lost for words I really am
Unbelievable some people
Club needs a bit of stability

In warnock we trust

Fri May 25, 2018 8:42 pm

Bluebina wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:To be honest my thinking is the other way entirely.

We need to do everything we can to make Warnock a key pillar the club is built upon.

It's not just what is on the pitch that needs considering, it is his influence in bringing harmony to the club - something he has achieved in just 18 months. We were on our knees before Warnock came - massive apathy amongst the fans, huge divides between the club and the fanbase and second from bottom of the league.

Now the club, the fans and the team are united as one and there is a real buzz around the whole city about CCFC.

It's not surprising that there are so many references and comparison's to the Eddie May era as for many this is the first time that the sheer joy of being a City fan has reached those heights that got us all hooked as kids back in the early 90s.

Seriously can anyone think of a more impressive turnaround, by any sporting team ever in history in such a short time? There probably are a few out there but these kinds of things don't happen very often - and if we don't build upon this we only have our selves to blame.

The thing is I genuinely believe that for us to be able to build upon this all we have to do is show Warnock our belief, trust and faith. He's the kind of guy that thrives on that and will do anything he can to take the club forward. :ayatollah:

Great points raised :thumbup:

Great post :thumbup:

100% agree bluebina

Fri May 25, 2018 8:48 pm

Walinoz wrote:

He's only saying what a lot of people are thinking at the end of the day, it's not personal.

Anyone who follows Football would/should know that players and managers have limitations, and whilst absolutely superb at what he does, the general consensus in Football circles seems to be that Warnocks limitations are the Championship, I'm not saying I agree with that BTW.

That's not an attack on him or putting him down, Usain Bolt was a sprinter, but would be a shit long distance runner, Mo Farrah is a long distance runner but could never cut it as a sprinter. Neil Warnock is a superb championship manager but the jury is out on if he can cut it at the top.

He deserves a chance so I disagree with the OP that he should have been replaced, but I can see where he is coming from, for me if we are in the bottom 3 at the start of the new year then that is absolutely fine, as long as we are fighting and in touch, if we are 10 points adrift and sinking like a stone then he goes.

Warnock deserves the season for what he has done for this club, if we are relegated who better than the man himself to bring us back up , just like burnley did with Sean Dyche and look where they are now, I’m lost for words I really am
Unbelievable some people

In warnock we trust

Are you a bit thick or did you not just read my reply properly, I disagreed with the OP and said exactly what you have that Warnock deserves his chance.

Sat May 26, 2018 2:33 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Walinoz wrote:

Unbelievable some people

In warnock we trust

Are you a bit thick or did you not just read my reply properly, I disagreed with the OP and said exactly what you have that Warnock deserves his chance.

Well you didn’t advocate the fact what I said that he should stay all season did you, “if we are 10 pts adrift and sinking like a stone then he should go “, maybe that was the bit what I was touching on

And no I’m not a bit thick thank you