Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WARNOCK MUST BE RUTHLESS ON THESE THREE PLAYERS

Wed May 23, 2018 11:59 am

WARNOCK MUST BE RUTHLESS AND AXE THESE 3 CARDIFF CITY PLAYERS ASAP

Wednesday 23rd May 2018

By George Dagless

Neil Warnock has got some big changes to decide on in South Wales as Cardiff City prepare for their return to the Premier League.

The men from South Wales have had a great time of it in the Championship but now the real hard work starts as they go about planning for a longer stay in the top flight than last time.

Certainly, Warnock will have a plan in mind for who he wants to keep and let go this summer and he will have to show a ruthless streak with the latter said.

Let’s take a look, then, at three players he might decide to move on this summer…

Anthony Pilkington
Anthony Pilkington is a player with Premier League experience but struggled to find his way into Cardiff’s side this season just gone.

Certainly, he’s a decent winger but there is a good chance that the Bluebirds will decide to let him go in the window.

Craig Bryson
Craig Bryson is another who might decide it’s best to move on this summer.

He’s a decent midfield presence but the Bluebirds need better players to really make a mark in the Championship and so keeping him past this loan spell makes little sense.

A good honest pro, it shouldn’t be too hard for him to find new employers if Derby don’t want him.

Yanic Wildschut
Yanic Wildschut is another who might not be able to make the step up to the top flight.

He’s not had the spell at Cardiff he would have liked and might be better off moving back to Norwich City if they’re willing to play him.

Certainly, you can’t see the Bluebirds keeping him on.

Re: WARNOCK MUST BE RUTHLESS ON THESE THREE

Wed May 23, 2018 12:00 pm

I thought the latter two were on loan at City, so now back to their clubs anyway? :?

Wed May 23, 2018 12:11 pm

Personally id keep Bryson as a squad player if we can get him cheaply enough but I wouldn't lose any sleep if we didn't sign him.

Pilks can go if someone will take him.

Sven wrote:I thought the latter two were on loan at City, so now back to their clubs anyway? :?

I was always unsure, as Warnock quotes:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42661682
"If we went up we would take him automatically. But we will have to discuss things with him if we don't go up. We are just glad to have him on board."

But then others have said maybe it was just him saying he would like to keep him.
Last edited by 2blue2handle on Wed May 23, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 23, 2018 12:12 pm

Poorly written, two have gone back already, I would not re-sign them

Wed May 23, 2018 1:05 pm

The argument against Pilks has always been that whilst he was a useful player he was on a Premier league contract which was too expensive for a squad player in the premiership. His wages won't be so high in relation to the rest of the squad now and he has proven himself to be reliable in front of goal in the few times we needed this him season and a top pro and good lad by all accounts at the same time.

Keep him around for sure I say. :thumbup:

Wed May 23, 2018 5:42 pm

Sven wrote:I thought the latter two were on loan at City, so now back to their clubs anyway? :?

Correct