Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hoilett

Wed May 23, 2018 5:08 pm

Anyone getting a bit worried about his contract situation? You’d have thought he’d have signed by now if he was staying, I wonder what the hold up is

Re: Hoilett

Wed May 23, 2018 5:27 pm

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:Anyone getting a bit worried about his contract situation? You’d have thought he’d have signed by now if he was staying, I wonder what the hold up is

If he's not commuted then we should look elsewhere

Wed May 23, 2018 5:36 pm

wez1927 wrote:
BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:Anyone getting a bit worried about his contract situation? You’d have thought he’d have signed by now if he was staying, I wonder what the hold up is

How far does he commute, :laughing6:

Wed May 23, 2018 6:28 pm

salopiancity wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Bloody auto correct

Wed May 23, 2018 7:01 pm

Its all down to these agents telling players to hold out holliet played all season offered new contract in prem ib the starting 11 and still dithers personally if i was holliet i would like nothing better than to stick with the band of brothers who over achieved and all seemed to get on together "so why" no signature f...ing agents

Wed May 23, 2018 7:01 pm

wez1927 wrote:
salopiancity wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Bloody auto correct

How am I supposed to cheer up when the best player at the club is refusing to sign a contract!! :) :laughing6:

Wed May 23, 2018 7:06 pm

It would be interesting to know whether new contracts for players who played last season have even more performance clauses and especially a relegation pay clause

Wed May 23, 2018 7:58 pm

montyblue wrote:Its all down to these agents telling players to hold out holliet played all season offered new contract in prem ib the starting 11 and still dithers personally if i was holliet i would like nothing better than to stick with the band of brothers who over achieved and all seemed to get on together "so why" no signature f...ing agents

The player controls the agent (or should do anyway) rather than the other way round.

If Hoilett was happy to sign he would have done so by now but this feels a bit like the Grabban situation where he's just waiting to see if a better option comes along before signing a new contract.

Perhaps he should remember how many clubs were queueing up to sign him before Warnock offered him a place at Cardiff.

Give him a deadline to sign and if he doesn't, say thanks very much for what you've done and see you later - move on and look to replace him.

Wed May 23, 2018 7:59 pm

ThomasC wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
salopiancity wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Bloody auto correct

How am I supposed to cheer up when the best player at the club is refusing to sign a contract!! :) :laughing6:

If he dont want to sign let him go, pastures greener and all that. Been great for us yes, but im sure theres better somewhere around europe, did his job helping us stabalise and promoted, but if he wants out let him go, at 29 aint got a lot left anyway!

Wed May 23, 2018 8:11 pm

I would be gutted if Junior leaves - it just doesn't make any sense. He's a Premier-level player and is one of the few who is comfortable on the ball.

Wed May 23, 2018 8:39 pm

Halifax93 wrote:I would be gutted if Junior leaves - it just doesn't make any sense. He's a Premier-level player and is one of the few who is comfortable on the ball.

Yes but city need to know now what his intentions are, so they can start looking for a replacement, and it may not seem likley but they may get better, look on the bright side :bluescarf:

Wed May 23, 2018 9:07 pm

ThomasC wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
salopiancity wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Bloody auto correct

Stop moaning Victor