Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHEN WILL WE KNOW ABOUT OUR PRE-SEASON FRIENDLIES?

Wed May 23, 2018 6:18 pm

Watching on Sky Sports News they give little bits of news for the EFL Clubs and all you see is that someone like Birmingham have announced there pre-season friendlies, and also Ipswich, I mean teams are announcing there pre-season friendlies already and Cardiff are yet to announce anything in terms of who and when they will face before our Premier League season starts.

Does anyone know any insight at the club on when they will announce anything?

Re: WHEN WILL WE KNOW ABOUT OUR PRE-SEASON FRIENDLIES?

Wed May 23, 2018 8:39 pm

I don't know the answer to this but from having a bit of a look around a lot of teams haven't started announcing them yet - i'd imagine planning the kind of standard of games you need leading up to the season and then actually arranging them would take a bit of work, especially considering your potential opponents haven't always got their plans finalised yet so they would need to match up their potential dates.

Wed May 23, 2018 9:20 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:Watching on Sky Sports News they give little bits of news for the EFL Clubs and all you see is that someone like Birmingham have announced there pre-season friendlies, and also Ipswich, I mean teams are announcing there pre-season friendlies already and Cardiff are yet to announce anything in terms of who and when they will face before our Premier League season starts.

Newport got Hereford away. That's a decent one for both sets of fans. Hope the club stay close by.

Wed May 23, 2018 9:56 pm

Probably won’t be for weeks this season has barely ended yet.

Thu May 24, 2018 12:50 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:Watching on Sky Sports News they give little bits of news for the EFL Clubs and all you see is that someone like Birmingham have announced there pre-season friendlies, and also Ipswich, I mean teams are announcing there pre-season friendlies already and Cardiff are yet to announce anything in terms of who and when they will face before our Premier League season starts.

We're back to Cornwall. Playing 3 local sides and a Spanish side with announcements coming "Shortly". We tried to get Celtic and/or Rangers but not successful.