Neil Warnock Names his best player in the Championship

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu May 24, 2018 7:50 am

Neil Warnock claims Aston Villa's Jack Grealish is the best player in the Championship

Talk Sport

Thursday 24th May 2018

Aston Villa midfielder Jack Grealish has impressed with his form for Steve Bruce's side this season.

Villa player Jack Grealish in action during the Sky Bet Championship Play Off Semi Final First Leg match between Middlesbrough and Aston Villa at Riverside Stadium on May 12, 2018 in...

Neil Warnock has told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, which was broadcast on TalkSPORT on 24th May, that Aston Villa’s Jack Grealish is the best player in the Championship.

Grealish has been in wonderful form this season, and has earned a great deal of plaudits recently.

Villa boss Steve Bruce only suggested yesterday that Grealish could play for any side in England, and Warnock appears to agree.

The Cardiff City boss claimed that, on his day, Grealish is the stand out player in the Championship.

Jack Grealish of Aston Villa looks on during the Sky Bet Championship match between Fulham and Aston Villa at Craven Cottage on April 17, 2017 in London, England.

“He’s the best player in the league when he’s like he is, no question of a doubt,” Warnock said.

Villa could struggle to keep hold of Grealish if they fail to win promotion this season.

Although the youngster is a local boy, who has come through his academy system, his talent means he is sure to have top level interest.

Jack Grealish of Aston Villa during the Sky Bet Championship match between Aston Villa and Cardiff City at Villa Park on November 26, 2016 in Birmingham, England.

It provides Bruce’s side with added motivation to go on and win at Wembley on Saturday.

Villa are due to take on Fulham in the play off final, and winning that game could be crucial in helping to keep Bruce's side's current stars at Villa Park next season.
Attachments
villa_player_jack_grealish_in_action_during_the_sky_bet_champion_780019.jpg
villa_player_jack_grealish_in_action_during_the_sky_bet_champion_780019.jpg (48.5 KiB) Viewed 3720 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Neil Warnock Names his best player in the Championship

Postby Danny Says » Thu May 24, 2018 8:50 am

We all know Warnock is a bit eccentric but this is just nonsense. There are many better players in the league than this snivelling little diving show pony.
Danny Says

Postby paulh_85 » Thu May 24, 2018 8:55 am

Danny Says wrote:We all know Warnock is a bit eccentric but this is just nonsense. There are many better players in the league than this snivelling little diving show pony.

he wouldnt be the one player i pick, but i wouldnt call it nonsense either as grealish is a very good player.
paulh_85

Postby epping blue » Thu May 24, 2018 9:03 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Danny Says wrote:We all know Warnock is a bit eccentric but this is just nonsense. There are many better players in the league than this snivelling little diving show pony.

he wouldnt be the one player i pick, but i wouldnt call it nonsense either as grealish is a very good player.

As you say Grealish is a very talented player but for me the best player in the championship was Ryan Sessegnon by some distance.
epping blue

Postby RFMH » Thu May 24, 2018 9:56 am

paulh_85 wrote:

He was very classy in their play off game away to Boro. Not sure he can step up though, won't be afforded much space in the Prem.
RFMH

Postby Bluebina » Thu May 24, 2018 10:04 am

paulh_85 wrote:

Grealish is a talented player, with a horrible attitude on the pitch with the diving and waving for cards, but it sounds like Warnock would fancy bringing him here if they don't go up?
Bluebina

Postby paulh_85 » Thu May 24, 2018 10:14 am

Bluebina wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Grealish is a talented player, with a horrible attitude on the pitch with the diving and waving for cards, but it sounds like Warnock would fancy bringing him here if they don't go up?

maybe, think he would go somewhere a bit more established though.
paulh_85

Postby DandoCCFC » Thu May 24, 2018 1:59 pm

I detest the bloke but we do miss players like him, a pantomime villian and he plays on it a bit because he continues to rile up opposition fans and players.. he has tenancy to dive and make a meal of challenges but he does get fouled a fair bit and his agility his second to none, the lad turns on a sixpence.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby rossblue » Thu May 24, 2018 3:42 pm

I think neves is the best championship player
rossblue

Postby WelshSerb » Thu May 24, 2018 4:04 pm

Personally think Neves or Jota
WelshSerb

Postby thomasblue » Thu May 24, 2018 4:57 pm

epping blue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

As you say Grealish is a very talented player but for me the best player in the championship was Ryan Sessegnon by some distance.

Ryan Sessegnon is a great player but i would go for his team mate Tom Cairney, he makes fulham tick and was in my opinion the best player in the championship this season.

For technical skill i can see where Warnock is coming from but for consistent high quality performances both Fulham players would be ahead of Grealish for me along with James Maddison, Junior Hoilett and Ruben Neves
thomasblue

Postby thomasblue » Thu May 24, 2018 5:01 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

maybe, think he would go somewhere a bit more established though.

I cant see him ever leaving Aston Villa he loves that club and i find it hard to see a situation other than a top four club bidding for him making him ever leave.
He will probably be a 1 club man unless Villa decide differently
thomasblue

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Thu May 24, 2018 6:46 pm

Ryan Woods for me.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby Bluesman » Fri May 25, 2018 2:19 am

Sign him and beat the shit out of the diving B******
Bluesman

Postby HARRYccfc1927 » Fri May 25, 2018 7:07 am

f**k right off Tom Daleys boyfriend his player of season???
Must be reuben Neves
CCFC OK
HARRYccfc1927

Postby BobbyBlue » Fri May 25, 2018 7:24 am

RFMH wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

He was very classy in their play off game away to Boro. Not sure he can step up though, won't be afforded much space in the Prem.

I thought you get more space in the Prem, according to many on here anyway.
BobbyBlue

Postby RFMH » Fri May 25, 2018 8:10 am

BobbyBlue wrote:
RFMH wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

I thought you get more space in the Prem, according to many on here anyway.

Tarrabt didn't and that's why he failed.
RFMH

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:22 am

rossblue wrote:I think neves is the best championship player

Finally some sense.
Neves was head and shoulders above any player in the league last season.
Every time I watched Wolves his passing was incredible.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby bluemun » Fri May 25, 2018 11:53 am

If Villa lose I can see him going to the Premier, but seriously not us . They'll be after a whacking great fee.
The player who always impresses me is Cairney. Total class.
bluemun

Return to General Chat