Neil Warnock reveals Cardiff City's pre-season plans

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu May 24, 2018 11:03 am

Neil Warnock reveals Cardiff City's pre-season plans with Spanish opposition lined up -

Talk Sport

Thursday 24th May 2018

Neil Warnock has confirmed Cardiff City will once against visit Devon and Cornwall for their pre-season tour while a Spanish side are lined up before the 2018/19 Premier League commences :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

The Bluebirds boss, who has a home in Cornwall, took last season's squad to places like Tavistock and Bodmin before a friendly against Plymouth Argyle.

And after lauding the spirit among fans and players that trip generated, Warnock revealed it would be same again in July 2018. The club are expected to officially announce the pre-season schedule in the next week or two.

“People said to be ‘are you going to the Far East or America?’… I said ‘no no, we’re going to Cornwall," the veteran boss told talkSPORT .

“I have a nice week at home, we have two or three local games. In this case we are probably having five or six with the whole Under-23 squad as well.

“We stay at St Mellion, which is a lovely golf resort, and the fans come down in their numbers in caravans and tents for the week. It’s a super week; it’s great for the autograph hunters and we really train well down here.

“We’ve got a nice game against a Spanish team a week before the season starts that we’re going to announce shortly, and we’re going to play a couple of clubs further up north as well.

“It’s a mixture, but it should be enjoyable for our fans.”

Warnock also revealed he had tried to arrange a friendly against either Rangers or Celtic, but couldn't quite come to an agreement.

“I spoke to Brendan (Rodgers), but they start quite a bit earlier. With Celtic we were going to play them the first week we were back in training, but it was a bit too much.

“And Rangers, they don’t know which part of the European (qualifying) rounds (they’ll be in).

“We’d end up playing a reserve team. It wasn’t worth the gamble really. I thought let’s just get on with it."
Attachments
DGZG1mMXsAE7j8i.jpg-large-2-2-2-2-3.jpeg
DGZG1mMXsAE7j8i.jpg-large-2-2-2-2-3.jpeg (140.93 KiB) Viewed 4201 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Neil Warnock reveals Cardiff City's pre-season plans

Postby SWilliams » Thu May 24, 2018 2:31 pm

Who might the Spanish side be? Barca? Real? Athletico Madrid/ Baleares...
SWilliams

Postby thomasblue » Thu May 24, 2018 4:26 pm

Torquay away would be perfect. Less than a mile from my house
thomasblue

Postby montyblue » Thu May 24, 2018 7:04 pm

Surely we need to be playing better opposition than bodmin? We are playing in the premiership this coming season can somebody tell neil most players in the prem are foreign thay are not playing the style of bodmin or Plymouth
montyblue

Postby Wolfpac » Thu May 24, 2018 8:12 pm

montyblue wrote:Surely we need to be playing better opposition than bodmin? We are playing in the premiership this coming season can somebody tell neil most players in the prem are foreign thay are not playing the style of bodmin or Plymouth

Have you read the article and why his players go to Cornwall cause they stay with Neil and his family, play golf, pre season games to get players sharp.

Stop critiscing Neil’s methods and get on board, this is a guy who came in we were dead and buried 18 months later we’re in the Prem, show him some respect mate
Wolfpac

Postby Chris Holmes » Thu May 24, 2018 8:21 pm

Barca, Real, Atleti and Sevilla are involved in intercontinental pre-season tournaments so it won't be them.

Valencia, Villarreal, Betis or Bilbao have a good bunch of fans and would make a nice atmosphere.
Might be someone like Girona

1 Barcelona
2 Atletico Madrid
3 Real Madrid

4 Valencia
5 Villarreal
6 Real Betis
7 Sevilla
8 Getafe
9 Eibar
10 Girona
11 Espanyol
12 Real Sociedad
13 Celta Vigo
14 Alaves
15 Levante
16 Athletic Bilbao
17 Leganes
18 Deportivo La Coruna
19 Las Palmas
20 Malaga
Chris Holmes

Postby montyblue » Thu May 24, 2018 9:20 pm

I know all about camaraderie but would prefer we did it playing football not golf its my opinion that you play like-minded teams not inferior teams thats what happens with celtic and rangers and thats why they never progress, but who am i ,just like you but with a different opinion mate
montyblue

Postby ThomasC » Thu May 24, 2018 9:57 pm

I don't think the quality of opposition matters at all pre-season until the last 1 or 2. It's about the training.

Cornwall is great too. Off there tomorrow for a whole week :occasion5:
ThomasC

Postby llangainbluebird » Thu May 24, 2018 10:21 pm

Chris Holmes wrote:Barca, Real, Atleti and Sevilla are involved in intercontinental pre-season tournaments so it won't be them.

Valencia, Villarreal, Betis or Bilbao have a good bunch of fans and would make a nice atmosphere.
Might be someone like Girona

1 Barcelona
2 Atletico Madrid
3 Real Madrid

4 Valencia
5 Villarreal
6 Real Betis
7 Sevilla
8 Getafe
9 Eibar
10 Girona
11 Espanyol
12 Real Sociedad
13 Celta Vigo
14 Alaves
15 Levante
16 Athletic Bilbao
17 Leganes
18 Deportivo La Coruna
19 Las Palmas
20 Malaga

Real Sociedad would be good. John Toshack's club.
llangainbluebird

Postby llangainbluebird » Thu May 24, 2018 10:33 pm

Not sure if playing a Scottish side would be much good. Saw three pre-season games last summer. Plymouth and Shrewsbury gave us good games, (Shrewsbury beat us). Livingston were embarrassingly poor, but have just been promoted to the SPL. Not all about results, I know, but still! Can do without the baggage that the Old Firm bring with them.
llangainbluebird

Postby Bluesman » Fri May 25, 2018 2:10 am

We had a preseason in Cornwall last year and got promoted, so whats the problem. As for the foreign players in the premier league, give them a good kicking like we did to Sane. :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:
Bluesman

Postby Forever Blue » Fri May 25, 2018 11:28 am

Premier League stars to descend on Cornwall ahead of 2018/19 season

Plymouth Gazette

Friday 25th May 2018

Former Plymouth Argyle manager Neil Warnock will stick to form and bring his newly promoted Premier League team Cardiff City to Cornwall for pre-season.

Many top flight sides travel to exotic oversea locations for pre-season with America and the Far East proving popular destinations.

Warnock has a history of bringing his sides to Cornwall in preparation for their new season and that won't change just because they will be plying their trade in the same division as the likes of Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal and Liverpool next season.

Speaking about his pre-season plans the 69-year-old, who owns a house in the County, said: “People said to me ‘are you going to the Far East or America?’… I said ‘no no, we’re going to Cornwall.

“I have a nice week at home, we have two or three local games. In this case we are probably having five or six with the whole Under-23 squad as well.

“We stay at St Mellion, which is a lovely golf resort, and the fans come down in their numbers in caravans and tents for the week. It’s a super week; it’s great for the autograph hunters and we really train well down here.

“We’ve got a nice game against a Spanish team a week before the season starts that we’re going to announce shortly, and we’re going to play a couple of clubs further up north as well.

“It’s a mixture, but it should be enjoyable for our fans.”
Attachments
KennethZohore.jpg
KennethZohore.jpg (63.67 KiB) Viewed 913 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri May 25, 2018 11:59 am

SWilliams wrote:Who might the Spanish side be? Barca? Real? Athletico Madrid/ Baleares...

Baleares would be a dream game and we can all go in the away end as fans! :occasion5:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Llan_Blue » Fri May 25, 2018 1:07 pm

It doesn’t matter who we play in preseason friendlys it’s all about getting match fit.

Why change things that work?

The way we kept going and going last season in games shows it did the trick.
Llan_Blue

Return to General Chat