Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ NEIL WARNOCK CONFIRMS HE IS TARGETING “

Fri May 25, 2018 4:09 pm

ThomasC wrote:
Bluebina wrote:There have always been some great players that come from the Scottish League, like Van Dijk !!!

In Warnock we trust :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

That's a great point that. Southampton absolutely smashed it with that transfer :thumbup: :ayatollah:
:o :o

Yes and Wanyama, he would be just what we need, but worth a fortune now Liverpool are supposed to be interested !!!

Celtic must have a great scouting network !!!

Fri May 25, 2018 4:18 pm

Bluebina wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
Bluebina wrote:There have always been some great players that come from the Scottish League, like Van Dijk !!!

In Warnock we trust :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

That's a great point that. Southampton absolutely smashed it with that transfer :thumbup: :ayatollah:
:o :o

Yes and Wanyama, he would be just what we need, but worth a fortune now Liverpool are supposed to be interested !!!

Celtic must have a great scouting network !!!

Wanyama a good addition and supposedly coming here last time out but went elsewhere! :ayatollah:

Fri May 25, 2018 6:02 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:This concerns me, Paterson worked out really well for us in the Championship and he might step up to Premiership standard, but we need to bring in players who will strengthen our team.

Can anyone think of any player in the Scottish league who will strengthen our team? Apart from Celtic who will demand silly money for their overrated Championship standard players, I honestly think the rest of the SPL is on a par with League 1 standard at best these days.

I would look elsewhere for better value in higher standard leagues across Europe.

How well do you know the Scottish league?

I don't see how you can ask that question unless you do. There has been plenty of great prem players to come from the spl.

I know the Scottish league well enough to see Declan John currently standing out as one of the best full backs in the SPL, but not being good enough for us or anywhere near Premiership standard. Adam Matthews was being rated as a 10 million pound player while at Celtic during his time there as well.

Gordon Strachan signed half his Celtic team to join him at Middlesbrough in the Championship, where they went from Scottish league and cup double winners to average mid table Championship players. The standard of the SPL has declined even further since then as well.

Barry McKay went from tearing apart every full back in the SPL last season to being in and out of the team at Championship Notts Forest this season.

Then you have TNS getting to the semi final of the Scottish Challenge Cup last season - a competition involving the Scottish League 2, Scottish League 1 and Scottish Championship teams (one division off the SPL).

The Wanyama's and Van Dijk's stood out a mile at SPL level, I haven't seen any player in the SPL standing out anywhere near to that extent recently. I could name several other players who have looked amazing in the SPL and have then failed when stepping up to the English leagues. The majority either sink down to the lower English leagues, or return back home to the Motherwell's, Hibernian's etc.

The SPL is a massive gamble and it's one league we should avoid imo.

Fri May 25, 2018 6:17 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:This concerns me, Paterson worked out really well for us in the Championship and he might step up to Premiership standard, but we need to bring in players who will strengthen our team.

Can anyone think of any player in the Scottish league who will strengthen our team? Apart from Celtic who will demand silly money for their overrated Championship standard players, I honestly think the rest of the SPL is on a par with League 1 standard at best these days.

I would look elsewhere for better value in higher standard leagues across Europe.

How well do you know the Scottish league?

I don't see how you can ask that question unless you do. There has been plenty of great prem players to come from the spl.

I know the Scottish league well enough to see Declan John currently standing out as one of the best full backs in the SPL, but not being good enough for us or anywhere near Premiership standard. Adam Matthews was being rated as a 10 million pound player while at Celtic during his time there as well.

Gordon Strachan signed half his Celtic team to join him at Middlesbrough in the Championship, where they went from Scottish league and cup double winners to average mid table Championship players. The standard of the SPL has declined even further since then as well.

Barry McKay went from tearing apart every full back in the SPL last season to being in and out of the team at Championship Notts Forest this season.

Then you have TNS getting to the semi final of the Scottish Challenge Cup last season - a competition involving the Scottish League 2, Scottish League 1 and Scottish Championship teams (one division off the SPL).

The Wanyama's and Van Dijk's stood out a mile at SPL level, I haven't seen any player in the SPL standing out anywhere near to that extent recently. I could name several other players who have looked amazing in the SPL and have then failed when stepping up to the English leagues. The majority either sink down to the lower English leagues, or return back home to the Motherwell's, Hibernian's etc.

The SPL is a massive gamble and it's one league we should avoid imo.

Declan John is considered an all right full back who’s better going forward than defending, don’t know any Rangers Fans who think he’s a standout, as for Barry Makay he had one good game in Three for Rangers, loads of talent little heart. Alfredo Morelos could definitely do a job for the City, with the correct coaching he will be a star, my preference is he’s coached by Steve Gerrard but if not Neil Warnock would bring the best out of him.

Fri May 25, 2018 8:12 pm

Shame really because there some good value in the dutch and German league

Dutch league
Zakaria Labyad Attacking Midfielder 6mil
Adam Maher Attacking Midfielder 1.8mil

German League
Nils Petersen Striker 7.5 mil
Alfred Finnbogason Striker 8.5 mil

English and Scotish League
Joe Allen 18 mil
Salamon Rondon 12 mil
Charlie Austin 12 mil
Jay Rodriguez 12 mil
Josh Windass 3 mil

You can see that British players prices are ridiculous.

Fri May 25, 2018 8:59 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:I don't get how him and fans are targeting everyone around us but can't mention a single player from the Ligue 1, La Liga, Serie A etc..

Spot on! IF he wants too be a premier manager, do the fecking homework!

Fri May 25, 2018 9:20 pm

In Warnock I trust.

Team spirit
All together

Fight for each other.

Let's just get behind the man.
He will have the smallest budget in premier league

He must choose wisely.

The players must slot in and be hungry
No prima donnas to disrupt the apple cart.

We need a winger, striker, midfielder, defender and goalie

Fans will need to back Neil. Cos he ain't going anywhere