Wishing we were at Wembley tomorrow

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby The Cobra » Fri May 25, 2018 10:40 am

Anyone wish we were? Imagine the excitement and this board now, would be buzzing :bluescarf:
The Cobra

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Wishing we were at Wembley tomorrow

Postby NIBluebird » Fri May 25, 2018 10:48 am

This is a joke ?

Understand atmosphere but if we lost cost us millions
NIBluebird

Postby BlueDredd » Fri May 25, 2018 10:49 am

Not at all.
JUDGEMENT TIME!
BlueDredd

Postby RV Casual » Fri May 25, 2018 10:51 am

People say there is no better way of going up than winning the Play Off Final but I'm not sure I agree with that, going up at home to Reading in our own ground was pretty special, I wouldn't swap that for anything
RV Casual

Postby avondaleblue » Fri May 25, 2018 10:52 am

Not for me after the Blackpool game, I'll just sit back necking a few cans watching the Fulham and Villa fans go through torture. Lovely jubbly :lol:
avondaleblue

Postby RV Casual » Fri May 25, 2018 10:55 am

avondaleblue wrote:Not for me after the Blackpool game, I'll just sit back necking a few cans watching the Fulham and Villa fans go through torture. Lovely jubbly :lol:

Exactly, I'm looking forward to a day of Football/beers tomorrow and not really giving a shit who wins just hope they are good games
RV Casual

Postby pembroke allan » Fri May 25, 2018 11:00 am

Definitely not If we had to do it at Wembley would not be there experience of last time was enough total waste of money and time did not enjoy at all. IF Won or lost then it'll be same. :occasion5:
pembroke allan

Postby fred keenor » Fri May 25, 2018 11:14 am

You could nit have been at the blackpool game!
It felt awful for months
fred keenor

Postby Ninianparkspecial » Fri May 25, 2018 11:21 am

Are you out of your mind?
Ninianparkspecial

Postby Sneggyblubird » Fri May 25, 2018 11:36 am

Just about the worst feeling I've ever had watching the city after that final defeat and I've seen a few relegation's in my time.
Sneggyblubird

Postby City Slicker » Fri May 25, 2018 11:49 am

It's a wonderful feeling to be able to watch the game tomorrow and not worry who wins, knowing were home and hosed. Who wants to go to Wembley anyway? It's a pit.
City Slicker

Postby llangainbluebird » Fri May 25, 2018 11:57 am

Don't think so!
llangainbluebird

Postby skiprat » Fri May 25, 2018 12:35 pm

Not for me. Watched city lose 3 finals there that's enough for me .
skiprat

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri May 25, 2018 1:01 pm

God no, been to Wembley enough times to lose :lol: Id be dreading it (although also a little excited) but nothing compares to going up last day.
2blue2handle

Postby goats » Fri May 25, 2018 1:12 pm

Couldn’t be further from the truth OP. Really looking forward to watching the game knowing how easily that could be us, in that shit part of London, let’s face it, we wouldn’t have beaten villa at Wembley. Took me weeks to get over that Blackpool game. :occasion5:
goats

Postby RV Casual » Fri May 25, 2018 1:17 pm

My 3 worst moments watching Cardiff..

Sheffield Wednesday Away (last game of season)
Brighton (Red Scarf game)
Blackpool Play Off Final

Never again :banghead:
RV Casual

Postby T1JMO » Fri May 25, 2018 1:39 pm

The Cobra wrote:Anyone wish we were? Imagine the excitement and this board now, would be buzzing :bluescarf:

Our fans are ridiculous.
T1JMO

Postby RV Casual » Fri May 25, 2018 1:47 pm

T1JMO wrote:
The Cobra wrote:Anyone wish we were? Imagine the excitement and this board now, would be buzzing :bluescarf:

Our fans are ridiculous.

I agree, especially the ones that jump on anything and everything, without looking at the context of the post.

The OP didn't say he was wishing it, I'm fairly sure he didn't mean instead of automatic promotion bit in the general thought of the 'excitement and anticipation' that a game like that would bring, and he's right, the board would be buzzing.
RV Casual

Postby nubbsy » Fri May 25, 2018 1:54 pm

Absolutely not
nubbsy

Postby nubbsy » Fri May 25, 2018 1:55 pm

RV Casual wrote:
T1JMO wrote:

Our fans are ridiculous.

I agree, especially the ones that jump on anything and everything, without looking at the context of the post.

The OP didn't say he was wishing it, I'm fairly sure he didn't mean instead of automatic promotion bit in the general thought of the 'excitement and anticipation' that a game like that would bring, and he's right, the board would be buzzing.

It says it in the post title
nubbsy

Postby RV Casual » Fri May 25, 2018 2:10 pm

nubbsy wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
T1JMO wrote:

Our fans are ridiculous.

Yes it does.. followed by the first line of ... anyone wish we were?... at no point does he say he does or even imply it.
RV Casual

Postby pembroke allan » Fri May 25, 2018 2:37 pm

RV Casual wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
T1JMO wrote:

Our fans are ridiculous.

Yes it does.. followed by the first line of ... anyone wish we were?... at no point does he say he does or even imply it.

No he's just asking if anyone wished they were? It Could imply be there instead of already promoted ? Open to interpretation! Could easily have said anyone glad we are not at Wembley tomorrow make more sense. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby griff105 » Fri May 25, 2018 2:52 pm

I wish we were in Kiev tomorrow! :D :ayatollah:
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor
griff105

Postby murphy » Fri May 25, 2018 3:04 pm

Nope, a playoff win wouldn't have topped the atmosphere at the reading game 3 weeks ago.

I'm just looking forward to relaxing in the pub and watching both big games tomorrow night.
murphy

Postby The Cobra » Fri May 25, 2018 3:17 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
T1JMO wrote:

Our fans are ridiculous.

No he's just asking if anyone wished they were? It Could imply be there instead of already promoted ? Open to interpretation! Could easily have said anyone glad we are not at Wembley tomorrow make more sense. :old:

Probably could have worded it better, realy meant to say "anyone wishing" I aint, for most of the reasons others have added!
The Cobra

Postby RV Casual » Fri May 25, 2018 3:21 pm

The Cobra wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
T1JMO wrote:

Our fans are ridiculous.

Probably could have worded it better, realy meant to say "anyone wishing" I aint, for most of the reasons others have added!

I knew what you meant mate as would most others. :thumbup:
RV Casual

Postby pembroke allan » Fri May 25, 2018 3:38 pm

The Cobra wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
T1JMO wrote:

Our fans are ridiculous.

I know the feeling a lot of clever people on here! but surprising how people interpret what is said on here but yes no one wants to be at Wembley :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Fri May 25, 2018 4:22 pm

I can actually see where you're coming from...but a bit NO from me. Happy to be done and dusted without the drama of the Wembley Lottery!

We tried that a few years ago and came away with s black eye from Mad Olly and the men in orange! ;) :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby norms76 » Fri May 25, 2018 4:31 pm

Not for me.

We’ve got a shit record at Wembley when you look back at it.

Reading home was a fantastic way to go up and it’ll be very enjoyable watching Fulham and Aston Villa fans going through the mill.

One side will be feeling the way we felt against Blackpool and as said above, it takes months to get over it, horrible.
norms76

Postby Dessy1927 » Fri May 25, 2018 4:50 pm

avondaleblue wrote:Not for me after the Blackpool game, I'll just sit back necking a few cans watching the Fulham and Villa fans go through torture. Lovely jubbly :lol:

This
Dessy1927

Next

Return to General Chat