Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Hi all, Cancer

Sat May 26, 2018 12:30 pm

Stay strong mate lost my father to stage 4 asbestos related lung cancer. They told my mother he had 3 months to live. He wasn't interested in time etc just wanted to know of it was treatable which they gave him chemo. As he didn't know he stayed positive and survived 4 years. So stay strong mate and sometimes best not to hear all info from Drs

Sat May 26, 2018 2:35 pm

People can fight and win against this horrible illness, your a fighter, fought it once and you'll do it again.
Good luck.

Sat May 26, 2018 4:04 pm

You have to stay positive and enjoy every day, I have an extremely rare tumour, only one in Wales it seems, so I have no voice, cannot swallow, rely on a trachi and a peg for feeding. After surgery I start radiation in a weeks time . Surgeon didn't think I would make next xmas but I have renewed my ST and try to enjoy the simplest thing. Good Luck pm if you want to chat.

Sat May 26, 2018 6:27 pm

palerider wrote:You have to stay positive and enjoy every day, I have an extremely rare tumour, only one in Wales it seems, so I have no voice, cannot swallow, rely on a trachi and a peg for feeding. After surgery I start radiation in a weeks time . Surgeon didn't think I would make next xmas but I have renewed my ST and try to enjoy the simplest thing. Good Luck pm if you want to chat.

Wishing you all the best Palerider, good call to renew, I have total admiration for you mate. :ayatollah:

Sat May 26, 2018 6:52 pm

Hi, I was diagnosed in 2016 and still here. Fight it with positive thinking and trust the medics to do the best. Everyone with this awful disease is entitled to feel sorry for themselves now and then and nothing wrong with that but chin up and start fighting it. You can beat this.

Sun May 27, 2018 8:59 am

All the best mate stay positive you can beat it :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sun May 27, 2018 10:21 am

The Cobra wrote:This is hard to write/type, few years ago I had a bad skin cancer but they cut it out, remember seeing Annis and others up at Bolton for FA cup game, after it was removed, Prem season it was. Got it again now but this time on tongue and throat, really struggling to come to terms with it this time as it requires radio and chemo. Had enough, I can tell you!

you can beat it stay strong were all with you

Sun May 27, 2018 10:30 am

The Cobra wrote:This is hard to write/type, few years ago I had a bad skin cancer but they cut it out, remember seeing Annis and others up at Bolton for FA cup game, after it was removed, Prem season it was. Got it again now but this time on tongue and throat, really struggling to come to terms with it this time as it requires radio and chemo. Had enough, I can tell you!

stay strong and positive mate you can do this everyone behind you