Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Grealish on a season long loan

Sat May 26, 2018 6:01 pm

Controversial I know...but could work out well for all parties. Would take a bigggish loan fee but, despite the antics, he’s got top level talent

Re: Grealish on a season long loan

Sat May 26, 2018 6:03 pm

Dazzy wrote:Controversial I know...but could work out well for all parties. Would take a bigggish loan fee but, despite the antics, he’s got top level talent

He's such a massive fanny though.

Should have been sent off for a truly shocking tackle.

Sat May 26, 2018 6:04 pm

Why loan him when they’ll probably get 15m for him

Sat May 26, 2018 6:04 pm

Wouldn't want that cheating diving ponce anywhere near our club :banghead:

Sat May 26, 2018 6:06 pm

wales1927 wrote:Wouldn't want that cheating diving ponce anywhere near our club :banghead:

Agree 100%

Sat May 26, 2018 6:06 pm

Dazzy wrote:Controversial I know...but could work out well for all parties. Would take a bigggish loan fee but, despite the antics, he’s got top level talent

Bit of a silly post really isn’t it?
He wouldn’t come here and if he did move it would be to a bigger club than ours.

Sat May 26, 2018 6:19 pm

Dim diolch, he' s a foreign English poooooooooooof :old: :laughing6:

Sat May 26, 2018 6:21 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

He wouldn’t come here and if he did move it would be to a bigger club than ours.

He’s a big Villa fan and grew up supporting them. I’m sure he’d like prem football with the opportunity to go back to Villa if they go up next season. Villa need some cash and, if they don’t go up, would get a much better fee if he performs well on the prem next season.

So no not really

Sat May 26, 2018 6:25 pm

Dazzy wrote:

He’s a big Villa fan and grew up supporting them. I’m sure he’d like prem football with the opportunity to go back to Villa if they go up next season. Villa need some cash and, if they don’t go up, would get a much better fee if he performs well on the prem next season.

So no not really

He will go to one of the big clubs. Doubt if an unfashionable club who will almost certainly be battling to avoid relegation would have much more appeal than staying with a big club one division lower.

Sat May 26, 2018 6:33 pm

f**k no and a defo no

Sat May 26, 2018 6:45 pm

He's not leaving villa. And we wouldn't want him.

Sat May 26, 2018 6:56 pm

Forget grealish and Johnstone, if we want any player from villa it’s snodgrass, their season started when he signed, he is the Scottish market we need to tap into.

Sat May 26, 2018 7:01 pm

Mr Potato wrote:Forget grealish and Johnstone, if we want any player from villa it’s snodgrass, their season started when he signed, he is the Scottish market we need to tap into.

Fair point. Always liked Snodgrass (as has Warnock apparently). Would be well happy with that

Sat May 26, 2018 7:35 pm

I cant remember actually hating anyone as much tbh!

That stamp on him today was the highlight of the game! prik

Sat May 26, 2018 10:29 pm

Take Kodja if he is a reasonable price :bluebird:
He should have been on much earlier
Grabbed had a quiet game!
:old:

Sun May 27, 2018 1:37 am

Controversial indeed! :shock:

Controversial enough for me to return my season ticket in the unlikely event (he'll likely give Villa another year) it should happen! :(

Thankfully, not a Neil Warnock player! :ayatollah:

Sun May 27, 2018 4:59 am

Sven wrote:

Controversial enough for me to return my season ticket in the unlikely event (he'll likely give Villa another year) it should happen! :(

You would return your season ticket if we signed grealish?? :lol:

Sun May 27, 2018 7:52 am

Sven wrote:

you dont mean that..

Sun May 27, 2018 8:04 am

Agree with Kodgia post totally. Wasted at Villa, brilliant at Brizzle .
Very good striker.

Sun May 27, 2018 8:19 am

Mr Potato wrote:Forget grealish and Johnstone, if we want any player from villa it’s snodgrass, their season started when he signed, he is the Scottish market we need to tap into.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Sun May 27, 2018 9:42 am

Dazzy wrote:

So no not really

Trust me, it is mate.
Villa will want to keep him to try for promotion again and if he wants to leave for prem football it will be for a big fee and a bigger club.
He’ll never come here and has much bigger fish to fry. Add that to him never fitting into the system Warnock wants and it’s never going to happen.

Sun May 27, 2018 9:43 am

Sven wrote:

:lol:
I can’t believe that Chris!??

Sun May 27, 2018 9:53 am

Dazzy wrote:

So no not really

Trust me, it is mate.
Villa will want to keep him to try for promotion again and if he wants to leave for prem football it will be for a big fee and a bigger club.
He’ll never come here and has much bigger fish to fry. Add that to him never fitting into the system Warnock wants and it’s never going to happen.

You’re probably right...too many sherbets yesterday and I got excited. That run he went on yesterday was phenomenal. He will go on to play at the very highest level. I don’t like the guy as a person, but much in the same way that I didn’t like Warnock when he was at QPR...partly due to envy I think.

Sun May 27, 2018 9:57 am

Dazzy wrote:
Dazzy wrote:

So no not really

Trust me, it is mate.

You’re probably right...too many sherbets yesterday and I got excited. That run he went on yesterday was phenomenal. He will go on to play at the very highest level. I don’t like the guy as a person, but much in the same way that I didn’t like Warnock when he was at QPR...partly due to envy I think.

Spot on mate, he’s very talented but you’re right he’s a first class knob on the pitch.

Sun May 27, 2018 10:24 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Sven wrote:

On a board that is littered with drama queens, that post takes the biscuit. :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for the usual anti-Grealish drivel, it resembles a bunch of old mother hens at one of those old ITV wrestling shows.

Grealish has 2 years left on his contract - He will not be loaned out. That was a ridiculous thing to suggest. He may well be sold but as he'cost more than Cardiff's entire budget, I think it's safe to say he won't be going there.

I hope you lot took solace from the fact that even a footballing side like Fulham targeted Jack yesterday - It's not just kickers like Cardiff who adopt this tactic.

Sun May 27, 2018 10:28 am

AV3 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Sven wrote:

On a board that is littered with drama queens, that post takes the biscuit. :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for the usual anti-Grealish drivel, it resembles a bunch of old mother hens at one of those old ITV wrestling shows.

Grealish has 2 years left on his contract - He will not be loaned out. That was a ridiculous thing to suggest. He may well be sold but as he'cost more than Cardiff's entire budget, I think it's safe to say he won't be going there.

I hope you lot took solace from the fact that even a footballing side like Fulham targeted Jack yesterday - It's not just kickers like Cardiff who adopt this tactic.

You must have watched a different game to me but then I wasn’t watching behind tears.

How much do you think you’ll get for grealish then? Surely not much more than 15m? Hardly out of our budget though I do agree he wouldn’t come here even if we were in for him

Sun May 27, 2018 10:42 am

paulh_85 wrote:
AV3 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Sven wrote:

You must have watched a different game to me but then I wasn’t watching behind tears.

How much do you think you’ll get for grealish then? Surely not much more than 15m? Hardly out of our budget though I do agree he wouldn’t come here even if we were in for him

It will be double £15 million to get Villa to the table. Bruce has suggested £40 million but I suspect that £30-£35 million might be enough.

Personally, I hope that he'll give us another 12 months. I'm hearing conflicting stories from sources close to him. Around the time that we played you lot, I heard that both Spurs and West Ham had shown serious interest. After that, I've heard that he would be prepared to stay for one more year. As West Ham have since changed manager, I hope that rumour is now dead but if Spurs were to come in, it would be difficult to resist. It would be a big step though and I wonder whether a mid table prem side might be better in the short term.

As for him being targeted, of course he was - He reacted badly once when he should have been sent off but he generally just dusted himself down and got on with it - As he has done all season. The stamp was far worse in my opinion as it was deliberate as opposed to Jacks being reckless and bourne out of frustration.

Sun May 27, 2018 10:44 am

Don’t disagree with the stamp, he did throw himself to the floor just before that (again) mind

If you can get 40m then good luck to you I just can’t see it. He’s not exactly a youngster anymore And has had several fitness issues over a good number of seasons now

Sun May 27, 2018 10:55 am

AV3 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
AV3 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Sven wrote:

It will be double £15 million to get Villa to the table. Bruce has suggested £40 million but I suspect that £30-£35 million might be enough.

Personally, I hope that he'll give us another 12 months. I'm hearing conflicting stories from sources close to him. Around the time that we played you lot, I heard that both Spurs and West Ham had shown serious interest. After that, I've heard that he would be prepared to stay for one more year. As West Ham have since changed manager, I hope that rumour is now dead but if Spurs were to come in, it would be difficult to resist. It would be a big step though and I wonder whether a mid table prem side might be better in the short term.

As for him being targeted, of course he was - He reacted badly once when he should have been sent off but he generally just dusted himself down and got on with it - As he has done all season. The stamp was far worse in my opinion as it was deliberate as opposed to Jacks being reckless and bourne out of frustration.

If You get 40 million for Grealish I’ll eat my dining table.

Never worth that even in today’s ridiculous prices.

Sun May 27, 2018 11:04 am

His past attitude will know millions off his price. The reformed bad boy act will slip when things don't go his way and clubs know this.

If he goes it will be for 15million tops