Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What Now For Villa

Sat May 26, 2018 6:26 pm

Massive re-build for them,any team that doubts the Championship will come unstuck.
Just goes to show how well we did this year,the JB's are in for a rude awakening next season.

Re: What Now For Villa

Sat May 26, 2018 6:36 pm

Any thoughts that the jacks will simply come straight back up need to be stopped, Villa,Leeds,Sunderlabd just a few examples to show it isn't a walk in park.

Sat May 26, 2018 6:39 pm

Obscurity like Fishing Village FC :laughing6:

Sat May 26, 2018 6:45 pm

Same same I imagine. Next year's championship will be easier.

WBA, Swansea and stoke not up to much.

And no big spenders like wolves.

Sat May 26, 2018 11:15 pm

The recent away game at Villa reminded me how big their organisation as a club feels - real sense of scale. Any club coming down has to reconfigure finances sharpish - get the feeling the size of their business particularly costly even when you consider parachute payments. Secondly - most of their squad were probably expecting a Premier League return in the short term and will have their eyes elsewhere which might not be a bad thing for the club accountants.

Sun May 27, 2018 9:41 am

Austerity.

That's what they were broadcasting before yesterday's game. I'm expecting to see them lose most of their top players. They will most likely go for the full capacity of loans to stabilise the club.

Will they be challenging next season? I think they might be as they are not the only ones going through this in the Championship. As mentioned above last season there were a few clubs who got themselves in a position to invest like Wolves and Fulham. This season coming I don't see any of the clubs in that position.

Sun May 27, 2018 9:51 am

Would have fancied a few Fulham players if they hadn’t of won but don’t really want any Villa players except maybe Snodgrass when he returns.