Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Stag Ideas

Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:19 am

Does anybody have any good recommendations for a stag destination that is not the "norm"?

We want to try somewhere a bit different and a new destination so having been to Benidorm, Magaluf, Budapest & Albufeira I would like to rule them out.

Looking to go somewhere in Europe that is accessible from Cardiff, Bristol or Birmingham airports and relatively cheap.

The dates we are planning on going is Easter weekend next year (19th April 2019) for at least 20 people.

There were a couple of locations in mind such as Hvar (maybe too early in the year for this), Lisbon, Bucharest, Riga, Tallinn and Hamburg.

If anybody has any feedback on the destinations listed or any other new ones please chuck them my way.

Cheers lads :ayatollah:

Re: Stag Ideas

Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:24 am

LiamCCFC wrote:Does anybody have any good recommendations for a stag destination that is not the "norm"?

We want to try somewhere a bit different and a new destination so having been to Benidorm, Magaluf, Budapest & Albufeira I would like to rule them out.

Looking to go somewhere in Europe that is accessible from Cardiff, Bristol or Birmingham airports and relatively cheap.

The dates we are planning on going is Easter weekend next year (19th April 2019) for at least 20 people.

There were a couple of locations in mind such as Hvar (maybe too early in the year for this), Lisbon, Bucharest, Riga, Tallinn and Hamburg.

If anybody has any feedback on the destinations listed or any other new ones please chuck them my way.

Cheers lads :ayatollah:

Abercwmboi

Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:45 am

I've travelled quite a lot within Europe watching wales and doing various other things.
I do like a good drink :occasion5:
Below are my favourite places ( not in order ) : -

Krakow ( Poland )
Lviv ( Ukraine )
Munich ( Germany )
Amsterdam ( The Netherlands )

Lviv is my all time favourite - The Wales supporters do an annual trip there and its about 20 pence a pint.

:ayatollah:

Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:59 am

I had mine in Amsterdam. It was amazing.
You can fly direct from Cardiff too

Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:09 am

bluebird7291 wrote:I had mine in Amsterdam. It was amazing.
You can fly direct from Cardiff too

Incredible city :thumbup:

Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:24 am

Weston Super Mare. Fekin great place :old: Why go abroad when it's just a piss up, unless you're into sight seeing or love faggots :laughing6: :thumbup:

Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:35 am

We did Gdansk in Poland.plenty going on there and 5 miles up the road is Poland's premier beach resort.cheap flights from Bristol and rent an apartment

Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:38 am

stuey1965 wrote:We did Gdansk in Poland.plenty going on there and 5 miles up the road is Poland's premier beach resort.cheap flights from Bristol and rent an apartment

Been there Stewy, not as good as Weston Super Mare and Polish women are so ugly Stewy butt

Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:38 am

Amsterdam is my favourite city but not ideal for the OP if he is looking for somewhere cheap.

Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:40 am

murphy wrote:Amsterdam is my favourite city but not ideal for the OP if he is looking for somewhere cheap.

There's ways and means. Mine was cheap and done quickly.

Look at the bulldog hostel. Smack bang in the middle of everything. Cheap bar and cafe too.

Unless you are throwing your sausage around. Then its very expensive. As some of my mates found out.

Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:46 am

bluebird7291 wrote:
murphy wrote:Amsterdam is my favourite city but not ideal for the OP if he is looking for somewhere cheap.

Look at the bulldog hostel. Smack bang in the middle of everything. Cheap bar and cafe too.

Unless you are throwing your sausage around. Then its very expensive. As some of my mates found out.

:laughing6: :laughing6: throwing your sausage around :laughing6: :laughing6:

Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:49 am

Bananas wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:

" some of my mates " :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:00 pm

Amsterdam is another one I should of mentioned we didn't want to go as its a popular destination.

Gdansk could be an option. What is the setup like there? is there one main area full of bars like a main square?

Has anybody had any experience with Split,Zagreb and Bucharest?

Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:14 pm

Zagreb, Croatia. Great bars, nightlife and so cheap!! We did a stag out there for 15 people and a round was coming in at £13 for 15 beers.

Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:34 pm

Gdansk has a main street with plenty of bars , and sopot has a beach ,and plenty of bars which is 5 miles from Gdansk about a pound on the train .
But Krakow is my favourite a big square with 100s of bars in about a square mile .

Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:37 pm

Give Wigan alook,cheap beer premier inn at bottom of king st the place to be, has the best boxing day in britain.
Take inn the wigan v saints superleague derby ongood friday afternoon then on it all day bitter from 1.70 pint lager and bow around 2.00 to 2.50 plus a spoons,ohand by easter the wigan girls should be in their belt skirts and loads of them.
google some pics of wiganboxing day and you,ll have an idea about saturday nights. ;)

Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:43 pm

I thought Prague was popular for stag parties. A long time since I was there, but beer was cheap. No idea what it's like now though. May have changed a lot over the years, but no shortage of watering holes from what I recall.

Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:46 pm

Prague is great - very cheap.

If you can afford a lot more money Amsterdam.

Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:49 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Bananas wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:

" some of my mates " :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Hahaha honestly I never. One of my mates went to the same bird 3 times. Got her personal phone number.
Waiting for him to marry her next haha

Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:05 pm

Try madrid,very busy,nightlife is good loads of bars and chance ro catch a game if sober enough

Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:21 pm

Went to Gdansk on a stag about 10 yr back, was a cracking weekend in all fairness, cheap bars, cheap food and cheap women ... or so I thought, pulled a little filly in a bar, my sort of girl, size 12/14, curves in all the right places, few too many, took her back to the hotel, smashed the living day lights out of her like a scene out of night of the living dead :laughing5: wasn't laughing when I found out she had robbed the joint, we got our stuff back though as she hadn't made it out of the door when my mate saw something hanging out her coat, so all in all a brilliant weekend.

Had shock of my life though a few weeks later, tested positive for chlaymydia :( :laughing5:

Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:11 pm

Riga is shit mate.

Prague and Krakow are class but not as cheap as they used to be, depends on your definition of cheap though I suppose, still cheaper than here obvs.

I have heard Lisbon is good but not been myself

Always fancies Budapest myself, go there and let us know what its like :lol: :thumbup:

Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:02 pm

RV Casual wrote:Riga is shit mate.

Prague and Krakow are class but not as cheap as they used to be, depends on your definition of cheap though I suppose, still cheaper than here obvs.

I have heard Lisbon is good but not been myself

Always fancies Budapest myself, go there and let us know what its like :lol: :thumbup:

Mate of mine goes to Budapest every year, reckons it’s fantastic and well cheap for everything.

Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:32 pm

Sunny beach in Bulgaria
Cheap accomodation and dirt cheap alcohol loads of clubs and bars

Somewhere closer which was a great laugh on a stag was butlins minehead adult weekend. Not abroad but affordable for everybody

Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:02 pm

Been to Tallinn nice place and cheap.

Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:22 pm

Copenhagen is a cracking city could be worth a look. Closer to home Newcastle is a great town for stag weekends.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:55 am

ealing_ayatollah wrote:Copenhagen is a cracking city could be worth a look. Closer to home Newcastle is a great town for stag weekends.

Copenhagen!!?? He said cheap not expensive :laughing5:

Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:29 am

Afghanistan dressed as vicars and play "Last Man Stand :occasion5: :ayatollah: ing"

Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:44 pm

Krakow was about 60 quid a flight from Bristol return. Pints are 1-2 quid everywhere and 5-6% . Loads of craft beer to if that’s your thing and the food is all meaty and potatoes to soak up the booze . Loads of underground bars and decent house and techno clubs as well as loads of strip bars .

Split in Croatia also great if your after a bit of sun and that . Bit more expensive but still cheap for Europe.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:47 pm

Or go to Berlin , probably the most crazy place I’ve been to . Nightclubs are open Thursday right through till Monday and all the Berliners speak great English and are happy to sort you out with anything if you’re looking to party . Oh and the women are absolutely unreal