Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Ninian Gates neglected & Fans Stones “

Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:49 am

My dad has just been down the and Stadium and sent me these photos off the Ninian Gates area. The gates need a paint and the city walls really needs a power wash. Hope the club can clean up this area before the start of the season
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Ninian Gates neglected

Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:16 pm

Can they power wash the cladding around the stadium whilst they are at it :thumbup:

Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:29 pm

They should also clean up the fans names on the City Walk.

Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:13 pm

Can this be sent to the club? Fans paid for those bricks

Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:41 pm

I was looking over them at the Reading game , they are filthy and out if Respect our club should clean and maintain them.

Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:42 pm

CFS25 wrote:Can this be sent to the club? Fans paid for those bricks

By putting it on here the poster has already let the club know as they read this forum every day :thumbright: :bluebird:

I will tweet and fb this topic as well :bluebird:

Re: “ Ninian Gates neglected & Fans Stones “

Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:43 pm

My dad's stone is there and like all the others is in a right state.It wouldn't take long to smarten that area up-shouldn't be in that state in the first place.Many great city fans have their tributes there,club need to sort it out fast.

Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:43 pm

This needs to be sorted ASAP

Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I was looking over them at the Reading game , they are filthy and out if Respect our club should clean and maintain them.

So was i annis as i have a double brick in memory of my mother and father, they need a jet wash.

Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:21 pm

cityone wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I was looking over them at the Reading game , they are filthy and out if Respect our club should clean and maintain them.

So was i annis as i have a double brick in memory of my mother and father, they need a jet wash.

Paul, Yes I have Forever Blue /Annis Jnr and they were so filthy/dirty I could not find it.

I believe the whole area from the Gates/Wall to the stones need properly cleaning and continually looking after :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
cityone wrote:

Paul, Yes I have Forever Blue /Annis Jnr and they were so filthy/dirty I could not find it.

I believe the whole area from the Gates/Wall to the stones need properly cleaning and continually looking after :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Annis can u keep everyone updated on what the club are going to do about it(if anything)please.Bit of a sore subject with me,thought it was one place that would have been maintained on a regular basis.

Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:30 pm

sir ninian wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
cityone wrote:

Annis can u keep everyone updated on what the club are going to do about it(if anything)please.Bit of a sore subject with me,thought it was one place that would have been maintained on a regular basis.

Def David, I am personally going to contact our club next week, the more I think about it, the more it upsets me :bluebird:

Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:33 pm

We are only cash cows nothing more.

Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:38 pm

This where the club let the fans down and show no care

Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:53 pm

THIS NEEDS SORTING NOW , OUT OF RESPECT FOR THE FANS WHO HAVE GOT MEMORIALS THERE , THE GATES ,WALLS,and MEMORIAL GARDEN MAKE IT HAPPEN NOW CCFC could this be made a sticky annis

Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:02 pm

pengamblue wrote:THIS NEEDS SORTING NOW , OUT OF RESPECT FOR THE FANS WHO HAVE GOT MEMORIALS THERE , THE GATES ,WALLS,and MEMORIAL GARDEN MAKE IT HAPPEN NOW CCFC could this be made a sticky annis

Nigel, I did as soon as I read the topic :bluebird:

Over 1,700 views on it so far and I have tweeted the media and Our Club :thumbright:

Its a Disgrace by Our Club. :cry:

Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:50 pm

I noticed the gates and walls last season as im a decorator lol so jumps out at me. I should email the club to get the job :lol: :lol:

Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:56 pm

Whole stadium overdue a 'springclean'.

Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:47 pm

If you look up when your entering the stadium it’s absolutly filthy

No many notice but the outside is stinking , get the cleaners in

Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:54 pm

How long did the Club say they would maintain them for when they were bought, I'm sure there was a time limit on it, theres going to come a point when they are no longer fit for purpose, worn out etc, you can't expect the club to maintain them or even replace them forever, they are almost 10 years old now.

No offence intended by this post, I know it's a sensitive subject if they were bought in memory etc.

Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:57 pm

RV Casual wrote:How long did the Club say they would maintain them for when they were bought, I'm sure there was a time limit on it, theres going to come a point when they are no longer fit for purpose, worn out etc, you can't expect the club to maintain them or even replace them forever, they are almost 10 years old now.

No offence intended by this post, I know it's a sensitive subject if they were bought in memory etc.

They should want there stadium looking in well maintained condition surely or am i missing something ?

Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:05 pm

stuey1981 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:How long did the Club say they would maintain them for when they were bought, I'm sure there was a time limit on it, theres going to come a point when they are no longer fit for purpose, worn out etc, you can't expect the club to maintain them or even replace them forever, they are almost 10 years old now.

They should want there stadium looking in well maintained condition surely or am i missing something ?

Of course, I'm talking purely about the bricks with the names on. I'm sure, but not certain that they come with a 'shelf life'. I know the ones at Arsenal do, that's why I asked the question..like they would be looked after for 10 year guarantee or whatever. I know a mate of mine had one outside the Emirates, the deal was it would last for 10 years then possibly removed.

They do the same now with their 'Plaques'.

Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:19 pm

RV Casual wrote:
stuey1981 wrote:

Of course, I'm talking purely about the bricks with the names on. I'm sure, but not certain that they come with a 'shelf life'. I know the ones at Arsenal do, that's why I asked the question..like they would be looked after for 10 year guarantee or whatever. I know a mate of mine had one outside the Emirates, the deal was it would last for 10 years then possibly removed.

I get that but there not damaged or anything just looking dirty and rundown so a bit of a clean and a few coats of paint here and there wouldnt hurt when we have players earning 20k a week

Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:42 pm

stuey1981 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
stuey1981 wrote:

I get that but there not damaged or anything just looking dirty and rundown so a bit of a clean and a few coats of paint here and there wouldnt hurt when we have players earning 20k a week

I agree, but I doubt most on here would, I have always been an advocate of the Club/Players doing something for the fans but most on here usually shoot that down.

Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:44 pm

I must admit I assumed the fans would maintain the area. Perhaps not the gate entrance but definitely the bricks.

Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:47 pm

Wayne S wrote:I must admit I assumed the fans would maintain the area. Perhaps not the gate entrance but definitely the bricks.

But its still club property

Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:47 pm

I was walking down the side of the millennium stadium the other day and those bricks are the same.

Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:50 pm

PLUS ONE OF OUR GREATEST EVER MANAGERS RESTS IN OUR MEMORIAL GARDEN , EDDIE MAY COME ON CITY GET IT SORTED ASAP :bluebird:

Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:04 pm

Who cleaned it up when it was covered in graffiti?

I only ask as I was sure the Memorial Garden was maintained and run by the supporters club.

Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:26 pm

The pictures are shocking!