Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ Ninian Gates neglected & Fans Stones “

Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:46 pm

Why didn't they put them in a wall would not get dirty then

Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:48 pm

Wayne S wrote:Who cleaned it up when it was covered in graffiti?

I only ask as I was sure the Memorial Garden was maintained and run by the supporters club.

I'm sure there would be plenty of volunteers if they were asked.

Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:58 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
Wayne S wrote:Who cleaned it up when it was covered in graffiti?

I only ask as I was sure the Memorial Garden was maintained and run by the supporters club.

I'm sure there would be plenty of volunteers if they were asked.

Definitely. I'll take my jet wash down there but is there water and power?

Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:07 am

:ayatollah: just on my down with my jet washer now :ayatollah:

#welshandeuropean

Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:20 am

Nice one! :)

Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:29 am

I am also a decorator since 1975 and in my opnion the growth of moss in the wall indicates it' s totally damp inside knackered basically it has a flat top where water has got down in and to just keep painting it will only mask it for a while i don't live in cardiff but if i did i would get a few decorators / fans together and do it for free but it looks like with the cracks and moss, it needs re rendering and the flat top needs to be shaped so the water runs off rather than down into the wall, its disrespectful and embarrassing its a memorial piece and should be done now before the season starts.

Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:57 am

montyblue wrote:I am also a decorator since 1975 and in my opnion the growth of moss in the wall indicates it' s totally damp inside knackered basically it has a flat top where water has got down in and to just keep painting it will only mask it for a while i don't live in cardiff but if i did i would get a few decorators / fans together and do it for free but it looks like with the cracks and moss, it needs re rendering and the flat top needs to be shaped so the water runs off rather than down into the wall, its disrespectful and embarrassing its a memorial piece and should be done now before the season starts.

The club can afford to pay someone to do it properly and they should get on it

Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:20 am

I was down there Tuesday and went to find my brick because it is impossible on match days. They all definitely need a clean along with the walls around the gates i hope it is done before the start of the season :old:

Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:12 pm

montyblue wrote:I am also a decorator since 1975 and in my opnion the growth of moss in the wall indicates it' s totally damp inside knackered basically it has a flat top where water has got down in and to just keep painting it will only mask it for a while i don't live in cardiff but if i did i would get a few decorators / fans together and do it for free but it looks like with the cracks and moss, it needs re rendering and the flat top needs to be shaped so the water runs off rather than down into the wall, its disrespectful and embarrassing its a memorial piece and should be done now before the season starts.

Very true mate. Bit of fungicide wash and a few coats of weathershield will seei it ok for 2 years maybe but not much more

Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:16 pm

Had one of the brick's with my name on it and a certificate sent to the house never ever found the brick with my name on it.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:56 pm

caztheturk wrote:Had one of the brick's with my name on it and a certificate sent to the house never ever found the brick with my name on it.

My old man had the same!

Anyone now if theres bricks anywhere other than the ones by the gate entrance?

Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:17 pm

annis when you get a reply from the club , could you give the clubs responce ccfc should make this a PRIORITY i would like to think CCFC WOULD WANT TO THE RIGHT THING BY THE FANS come on CCFC RESTORE THE GATES ,MEMORIALS ,AND MEMORIAL GARDEN ,TO WHAT THEY SHOULD BE :thumbup: :bluebird: