Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Torquay

Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:32 pm

Can someone tell me are you able to pay on the gate for the game or do you need to purchase a ticket in advance

Re: Torquay

Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:41 pm

POTD will be fine mate.

Can't see a crowd of anymore than 2,500-3,000 and the ground holds 6,500.

1,000 from Cardiff max and then maybe 1-2,000 locals top, they are National League South now, and lets be honest, we ain't going to be a massive draw, plus it's a Friday Night.

Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:07 pm

Thanks for your help

Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:18 pm

RV Casual wrote:POTD will be fine mate.

1,000 from Cardiff max and then maybe 1-2,000 locals top, they are National League South now, and lets be honest, we ain't going to be a massive draw, plus it's a Friday Night.

I reckon could be nearer 2000 Cardiff, loads I know making a summers weekend of it plus the nudes going down.

Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:32 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:

I reckon could be nearer 2000 Cardiff, loads I know making a summers weekend of it plus the nudes going down.

Can't see it myself mate, we took 495 to Plymouth last pre-season for a Friday Night Game, I know loads will go and make a weekend of it but 1,000 is a lot for a Friday Night Friendly and it's still over a 2 hour drive, 1,000 tops for me.

If it was a Sat different story, I would have gone for one, but can't get the Friday off for this.

Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:47 pm

Don't understand how you can say we aren't a massive draw. A National League South team hosting a Premiership team. A rare opportunity for Torquay fans to watch a team of our quality. I would say we are a massive draw for Torquay, we haven't played them for years and I know loads of City fans who will be making a weekend of it there. I think it'll be pushing a sell out myself.

Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:08 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Don't understand how you can say we aren't a massive draw. A National League South team hosting a Premiership team. A rare opportunity for Torquay fans to watch a team of our quality. I would say we are a massive draw for Torquay, we haven't played them for years and I know loads of City fans who will be making a weekend of it there. I think it'll be pushing a sell out myself.

I live in the real world mate where I know Cardiff City are not a 'massive draw' hence my comments.

Last time we were a Premier League Club in pre-season we played away games Cheltenham on a Saturday, Brentford on a Tuesday and Forest Green on a Wednesday.

The combined attendance of all 3 of those games would have only just filled Plainmoor so I think you are living in cloud cuckoo land if you think this will be anywhere close to a sell out, the majority of people living in Torquay don't give a shit about Torquay never mind Cardiff.

Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:18 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

We aren’t a big draw at all. Be about 3000 people there in my opinion.

We have much more quality then torquey of course but if we are honest I doubt anybody from Torquey even knows who Kenneth Zohore is. We aren’t a team of household names.

Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:39 pm

I live in torquay and a lot of people i know are looking forward to it. Even people who dont go to the games are talking about going to see a premier league team play.
I think peoople will be suprised at the attendance and away support from Cardiff.
Torquay average about 1500 for league games, over 2000 if playing bigger teams.I would expect the attendance to be over 4,000 for this game. Adding in probably 1000 Cardiff fans and people just wanting to watch a quality team play.

Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:17 pm

I think we will take loads for this one. Agree Friday night may hit the following but I think hundreds will treat it as a weekend away. I remember going there on a Wednesday night in the early nineties and there were almost a thousand City and we were a mediocre fourth division side then.

Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:36 pm

thomasblue wrote:I live in torquay and a lot of people i know are looking forward to it. Even people who dont go to the games are talking about going to see a premier league team play.
I think peoople will be suprised at the attendance and away support from Cardiff.
Torquay average about 1500 for league games, over 2000 if playing bigger teams.I would expect the attendance to be over 4,000 for this game. Adding in probably 1000 Cardiff fans and people just wanting to watch a quality team play.

I don't.

I know you live there now but I have spent years in Torquay, I used to watch them 2-3 times a season and have mates who follow them now, I watched them play Accrington a few years ago now, boiling hot Saturday, game was massively hyped, Torquay were going for promotion to League 1, Bristows bench was being built and they didn't get over 4k.

They played Bristol City last season in front of 1,258
The season before that they played Premier League WBA in front of 3,017 (that was with 700 WBA).

It's on a Friday Night, other than those who make a weekend of it, realistically hardly anyone is going to travel down for the night, The M5 will be a proper ball ache on a Friday as you know and I can't see many taking a day of work for a friendly.

495 went to Plymouth last season so I wouldn't be surprised to see that double so we will probably take close to a 1,000 but any talk of more than that is crazy.

My guesstimate would be an attendance of around 3,500 with 8-900 from Cardiff.

Decent all round if you ask me :thumbup:

This site fries me at times, people think we are going to take more to a Friday Night Friendly than we did to see our Team win the Championship in a League game :shock:

Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:09 am

WelshPatriot wrote:

I wasn’t going to go but I’m definitely making the trip if there’ll be nudes there :old:

Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:49 pm

:lol:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

I wasn’t going to go but I’m definitely making the trip if there’ll be nudes there :old: