Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Firefighter suspended over supportive social media posts

Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:17 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:Just a final thing on here and then i'm out because this stuff drives me mad and it'll just slowly make me go insane if I pay too much attention to this thread.

From here on in I'll just say that anything Jock says, I agree with (as that's usually the case) and this shit has a habit of sucking me in so I'm leaving this all be after this and just sticking to football.

If you can't be arsed reading the below which is admittedly too long, fair enough, and just go for that as my default option from here on out...

But for my own sake just to get this off my chest as much as anything else...

For the love of God can we just stop conflating Grooming Gangs with regular run of the mill (sick and evil) pedoes.

The latter are disgusting creatures and should all be neutered if caught in my opinion. But for the former they take filth to a whole new level by a) bringing racial/ethnic targetting into the little girls they pray on and b) by turning it into a team sport that they can take part in with their mates and family - effectively normalising the behaviour - both sets are evil but the grooming gangs are a step up again and we need to deal with the biggest threat first - which is why these grooming gangs needed to be hunted out ASAP.

Also, let's stop with the strawman argument about Bible vs Koran. Anyone going down this route of an argument is either ignorant of the conversation or being deliberately misleading.

Firstly, all the bad crap in the Bible is mostly in Leviticus and almost entirely in the Old Testament, which is overwritten by the nice and fluffy hippy crap in the New Testament.

The Koran goes the other way when read in chronological order (rather than the batshit crazy order they came up with of the longer verses being at the front or something). This is all fairly well documented and a quick google of 'Koranic/Quranic Abrogation' will fill you in if you want to actually understand what it is your arguing about - I find almost to a man that most people who fall on the side of the argument that Tommy Robinson is a national hero are overwhelmingly better read on the subject matter than those who call him a right-wing extremist/neo nazi etc etc.

Even comparing Christianity to Islam in the broad sense is incorrect.

Christianity went through the Reformation in the 16th Century so some 400 years ago, which was when we started sorting our shit out in the West in terms of morality etc. It took a while but by the end of the last century, we pretty much had things sorted. Islam has yet to go through a reformation, and given that it purports to be the final word of God delivered by Mo the most perfect man that ever lived, is pretty unchallengeable and therefore fairly unlikely to do so. Comparing the two just aint apples and apples sorry chaps.

Finally just to put this to bed for once and for all... Islamaphobia is not racism. (for the sake of argument let's just accept the premise that term Islamaphobia has genuine meaning for now)

Racism is the prejudice of someone because of an immutable, aspect of their being - that is something that they had no choice in being and something that they can never change.

Islam is, as are all religions, an ideology which one can choose to follow or not - therefore being anti-Islam is not, never has been and never can be racist.

(Oh and once again for the record - not all Muslims are bad people and no I am not a bigot of any sort - I just believe in the fundamental values of equality of opportunity and freedom of speech that used to be at the core of being British)

Excellent post.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:20 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
Jock wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
Jock wrote:So TR who’s had nothing to do with the EDL for five years, initially supports his mate on a Nonce charge till he finds out the facts, he then unequivocally condemns him. What’s wrong with that?

'After he was jailed for three months for threatening behaviour at the rally, the EDL launched a campaign to free him and Lennon claimed Price had been “stitched up”.
He said: “Richard Price had his house unfairly raided by West Midlands Police.
“They informed him that they had found five photographs of children on the computer. Price has no idea how they were on his computer.”'

Funnily enough I cant find much else to confirm or deny this exact timeframe, nor confirm or deny yours, seems media were fairly silent on this one... :roll:

Perhaps reread the link, when he had the facts he condemned him. Also that case received prominent media coverage, Pakistani Muslim Cases do not. Hence the reason Tommy was outside the court.

You'd be hard pressed to find a person in the country who doesnt know who the rochdale gang mate, and i dont think much of that is down to TR, the Beeb made it in to a prime time drama ffs!

Are you having a laugh??? The BBC and other mainstream media ignored the grooming gangs up north for over a decade. It was campaigners that got it exposed.
If your going to comnent on a subject read up on it.

BBC were a disgrace.

Just had a look, rochdale crimes took place around 2009, the trials were in 2012. BBC actually made a documentary about the case in 2012, and then followed this up by various news stories and obviously the drama they made.

I think these cases were ignored more by social services, police, and politicians.. but once everything was out in the open i wouldn't say the media has kept particularily quiet atall.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:21 pm

CityBlue93 wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
Jock wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
Jock wrote:So TR who’s had nothing to do with the EDL for five years, initially supports his mate on a Nonce charge till he finds out the facts, he then unequivocally condemns him. What’s wrong with that?

'After he was jailed for three months for threatening behaviour at the rally, the EDL launched a campaign to free him and Lennon claimed Price had been “stitched up”.
“They informed him that they had found five photographs of children on the computer. Price has no idea how they were on his computer.”'

Funnily enough I cant find much else to confirm or deny this exact timeframe, nor confirm or deny yours, seems media were fairly silent on this one... :roll:

Perhaps reread the link, when he had the facts he condemned him. Also that case received prominent media coverage, Pakistani Muslim Cases do not. Hence the reason Tommy was outside the court.

You'd be hard pressed to find a person in the country who doesnt know who the rochdale gang mate, and i dont think much of that is down to TR, the Beeb made it in to a prime time drama ffs!

Are you having a laugh??? The BBC and other mainstream media ignored the grooming gangs up north for over a decade. It was campaigners that got it exposed.

BBC were a disgrace.

Just had a look, rochdale crimes took place around 2009, the trials were in 2012. BBC actually made a documentary about the case in 2012, and then followed this up by various news stories and obviously the drama they made.

I think these cases were ignored more by social services, police, and politicians.. but once everything was out in the open i wouldn't say the media has kept particularily quiet atall.

The grooming gangs started to operate in the 1980s through to now. There were grooming gangs convicted in the 90s but It was all covered up by the likes of the BBC for fear of beig labelled racist, this was young girls being raped passed around like meat and the mainstream media wouldn't report or investigate it.
In 2003 Bradford's labour MP reported it was going on and got shot down she was even branded suprise surprise a racist.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:40 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
Jock wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:

BBC were a disgrace.

The grooming gangs started to operate in the 1980s through to now. There were grooming gangs convicted in the 90s but It was all covered up by the likes of the BBC for fear of beig labelled racist, this was young girls being raped passed around like meat and the mainstream media wouldn't report or investigate it.
In 2003 Bradford's labour MP reported it was going on and got shot down she was even branded suprise surprise a racist.

Im generally not one for defending the media, but if Bradfords MP reported it was going on should it not be an issue for police investigation? Police investigate the issue, along with social services or other organisations who maybe involved, gather evidence and get them prosecuted. Can't see where along the line a bbc reporter is suppose to be coming along and assisting with the investigation or in any way providing justice.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:43 pm

dogfound wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:Who are the child abusers who are getting away with it?

Should be fired for being an idiot

most of those now behind bars got away with it far longer than they should have because there is a reluctance to investigate for fear of being branded a racist..

Agree and this is massive right now in the UK the word racist is branded around to freely. People are so scored to be branded a racist they say nothing and that includes the police the whole justice system.
Lords and mp's will not talk about any of the wrong doings by Muslim gangs for the same reason.
We need to wake up and start talking about the issues going on in our country.
The people like Ronny Robinson who have the bollocks to speak up are targeted instead of the real problems happening in the UK.
In the lords a lords stated recently about Muslim gangs and the Rotherham report and similar things that are happening in the UK today.All he asked for wass each of us to learn about the Muslim religion and then to engage in talking about things.
None of em want to no about it .

Im not saying all Muslims are guilty but it's worth at least taking about it giving the UK is still on a terrorist high alert etc.
As I say you dare to talk about it at your own peril.
Freedom of speech now comes with a punishment doesn't it and its absolutely wrong.
All this if left ignored will result in mayhem.
It's wrong .

Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:58 pm

Apparently the firefighter who made this statement is an on call firefighter and not a whole time firefighter. For those who are not aware, an on call firefighter has a job by day normally and provides fire cover outside their working hours. The reason I mention this is, he may not have been as aware as a whole time firefighter about the restrictions on making any statements on social media. There have been a few whole time firefighters, who have been disciplined, and possibly lost their jobs, when bringing the service into disrepute, by going online. The one thing I do agree with in his statement, is the politically correct brigade have made some of the emergency services a sterile area when it comes to having an opinion. He has apparently submitted his resignation from his brigade after 22 years service,which is a sad way to end his career supporting his local community.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:02 pm

noisycat wrote:Apparently the firefighter who made this statement is an on call firefighter and not a whole time firefighter. For those who are not aware, an on call firefighter has a job by day normally and provides fire cover outside their working hours. The reason I mention this is, he may not have been as aware as a whole time firefighter about the restrictions on making any statements on social media. There have been a few whole time firefighters, who have been disciplined, and possibly lost their jobs, when bringing the service into disrepute, by going online. The one thing I do agree with in his statement, is the politically correct brigade have made some of the emergency services a sterile area when it comes to having an opinion. He has apparently submitted his resignation from his brigade after 22 years service,which is a sad way to end his career supporting his local community.

Any idea what he actually said mate?

Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:21 pm

Apparently the firefighter who made this statement is an on call firefighter and not a whole time firefighter. For those who are not aware, an on call firefighter has a job by day normally and provides fire cover outside their working hours. The reason I mention this is, he may not have been as aware as a whole time firefighter about the restrictions on making any statements on social media. There have been a few whole time firefighters, who have been disciplined, and possibly lost their jobs, when bringing the service into disrepute, by going online. The one thing I do agree with in his statement, is the politically correct brigade have made some of the emergency services a sterile area when it comes to having an opinion. He has apparently submitted his resignation from his brigade after 22 years service,which is a sad way to end his career supporting his local community.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:34 pm

brickyblue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

most of those now behind bars got away with it far longer than they should have because there is a reluctance to investigate for fear of being branded a racist..

Agree and this is massive right now in the UK the word racist is branded around to freely. People are so scored to be branded a racist they say nothing and that includes the police the whole justice system.
Lords and mp's will not talk about any of the wrong doings by Muslim gangs for the same reason.
The people like Ronny Robinson who have the bollocks to speak up are targeted instead of the real problems happening in the UK.
In the lords a lords stated recently about Muslim gangs and the Rotherham report and similar things that are happening in the UK today.All he asked for wass each of us to learn about the Muslim religion and then to engage in talking about things.

Im not saying all Muslims are guilty but it's worth at least taking about it giving the UK is still on a terrorist high alert etc.
Freedom of speech now comes with a punishment doesn't it and its absolutely wrong.
It's wrong .

there have beeen independent inquiries set up that concluded a reluctance on the part of authorities because the ethnicity of the perps might bring accusations of racism..its also my opinion..

Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:40 pm

dogfound wrote:
brickyblue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

It's wrong .

there have beeen independent inquiries set up that concluded a reluctance on the part of authorities because the ethnicity of the perps might bring accusations of racism..its also my opinion..

Post a couple of examples mate always keen to hear the other side of a story

Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:41 pm

What I can't quite understand is if this guy's heart is in firefighting (and he's picking up the dosh) why doesn't he rant on social media about the abject failure at Grenfell, including tragic mistakes by the fire service? Why he is so obsessed about a Luton Town hooligan tosspot is beyond me!

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:46 am

City Slicker wrote:What I can't quite understand is if this guy's heart is in firefighting (and he's picking up the dosh) why doesn't he rant on social media about the abject failure at Grenfell, including tragic mistakes by the fire service? Why he is so obsessed about a Luton Town hooligan tosspot is beyond me!

I know plenty of guys who loved a tear up at the football who’ve gone on to be valuable members of society as they matured. Your problem is inverted snobbery........and being a supercilious condescending fanny.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:48 am

City Slicker wrote:What I can't quite understand is if this guy's heart is in firefighting (and he's picking up the dosh) why doesn't he rant on social media about the abject failure at Grenfell, including tragic mistakes by the fire service? Why he is so obsessed about a Luton Town hooligan tosspot is beyond me!

Don`t think he was obsessed with TR no one is, just fucked off with the injustices going on at the moment

e.g. 400 ISIS cunts back from raping killing beheading are back in London walking free :banghead:
things just don`t make sense.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:20 am

Jock wrote:

I know plenty of guys who loved a tear up at the football who’ve gone on to be valuable members of society as they matured. Your problem is inverted snobbery........and being a supercilious condescending fanny.

f**k me who helped a knobhead like you to type supercillious?

Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:02 pm

City Slicker wrote:
Jock wrote:

f**k me who helped a knobhead like you to type supercillious?
:lol: