Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Aron Gunnarsson and Junior Hoilett '

Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:03 am

The contract situations of Aron Gunnarsson and Junior Hoilett are still to be resolved

Re: ' Aron Gunnarsson and Junior Hoilett '

Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:35 am

Annis, they are both away, Hoillet in canada and gunnerson away on international duty

Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:43 am

shouldnt matter.

i thought they both had a week to sign?

Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:44 am

Igovernor wrote:Annis, they are both away, Hoillet in canada and gunnerson away on international duty

That means nothing as contracts/deals are down on the ph/email etc etc

Warnock gave them both one week, over a week ago.

I don't think we will end up with both.

Gunnarsson will see how he does in the World Cup & Hoilett, I hear other clubs are offering good wages.

I will be happy if Hoilett signs :thumbright: :bluebird:

Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:59 am

Personally id tell them both to jog on now.
Hoillett more than gunnarsson aswell simply because his career was going no where before he signed for us. Warnock showed loyalty in him. He's not doing the same back

Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:03 am

bluebird7291 wrote:Personally id tell them both to jog on now.
Hoillett more than gunnarsson aswell simply because his career was going no where before he signed for us. Warnock showed loyalty in him. He's not doing the same back

kind of agree thought id rather both stay.

gunners gets far more abuse than hoilett on here but Hoilett for me is far worse.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:03 am

Annis my take on this week to sign was just paper talk, when you offer someone a contract you have to give them time to accept or refuse it, putting a time limit of a few days is not the way it is done, and personally I do not think Warnock would have put a time limit of a few days, a time limit yes but not that time frame, but what do i know :laughing6:

Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:06 am

Igovernor wrote:Annis my take on this week to sign was just paper talk, when you offer someone a contract you have to give them time to accept or refuse it, putting a time limit of a few days is not the way it is done, and personally I do not think Warnock would have put a time limit of a few days, a time limit yes but not that time frame, but what do i know :laughing6:

I know nothing either :lol:

But also if Gunners does really well in the World Cup, he then becomes to expensive for us.

Plus Warnock is an impatient man and will expect Hoilett to tell him yes or no.

Rem Warnock won't have a big budget and can't offer what many other clubs can, Warnock will want these positions sorted asap :thumbright: :bluebird:

Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:03 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Annis my take on this week to sign was just paper talk, when you offer someone a contract you have to give them time to accept or refuse it, putting a time limit of a few days is not the way it is done, and personally I do not think Warnock would have put a time limit of a few days, a time limit yes but not that time frame, but what do i know :laughing6:

But also if Gunners does really well in the World Cup, he then becomes to expensive for us.

Rem Warnock won't have a big budget and can't offer what many other clubs can, Warnock will want these positions sorted asap :thumbright: :bluebird:

I don't think Gunners will do really well in the World cup, he has started to suffer injuries and for a player that dives around tackling all day that will affect his game.

I think Hoillet will sign and hope he does, but I get the feeling Ginner has had enough and wants to move on, not too sad now he's getting the injuries and we can probably get better.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:06 am

bluebird7291 wrote:Personally id tell them both to jog on now.

well QPR had offered Hoillett a contract and its hard to belueve he had NO other offers..and lets be honest signung for bottom 3 team in the championship is hardly a dream move
people need to chill over this..

Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:16 am

Bluebina wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I don't think Gunners will do really well in the World cup, he has started to suffer injuries and for a player that dives around tackling all day that will affect his game.

I think Hoillet will sign and hope he does, but I get the feeling Ginner has had enough and wants to move on, not too sad now he's getting the injuries and we can probably get better.

You never know regarding Gunners, if he fails in the World Cup, then he won't get Premiership football.

I really hope Hoilett signs :thumbright: :bluebird:

Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:22 am

I hope hoilet signs but I'm not to sure if he's really top quality premiership player ,gunner I would let go ,not good enough for the premiership we need better if we are going to stay up

Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:19 am

Apparently Aron Gunnarsson is in excellent shape .

Gunners will be fully tested on the 16th June v Argentina

Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:42 am

If true that Gunnarson said hed stay if we got to Premiership then obviously its down to money/terms or hes waiting to see what offers come in after world cup. Get Grujic back and give him his place.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:19 am

Mike Strinati wrote:If true that Gunnarson said hed stay if we got to Premiership then obviously its down to money/terms or hes waiting to see what offers come in after world cup. Get Grujic back and give him his place.

Agree I think grulic is a better player

Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:35 am

Personally would like Junior Hoilett to stay but the signs are not good, which surprises me given the Bluebirds can offer him Premier League football and also his footballing relationship with Neil Warnock. He has come on leaps and bounds in his time at the CCS

I'm sure he has options but I thought he was settled here? :?

Gunnarsson for me can go with my genuine thanks for his efforts! :wave:

Don't dislike him as a player. He's been good for City, although I think he actually 'unbalanced' the team when he came back late season and we hit a bad run of results.

He may be at the peak of his powers in the contract stakes but he made his position clear some months ago and (for me) that was disrespectful to the club (and supporters) that have treated him well for many years

He effectively said "I'm off! But in the event City go up, I might decide to stay!"

Really? :shock: I don't think so! :(

Committed players only for the battles ahead at Neil Warnock's Cardiff City! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:39 am

Sven wrote:Personally would like Junior Hoilett to stay but the signs are not good, which surprises me given the Bluebirds can offer him Premier League football and also his footballing relationship with Neil Warnock. He has come on leaps and bounds in his time at the CCS

Don't dislike him as a player. He's been good for City, although I think he actually 'unbalanced' the team when he came back late season and we hit a bad run of results.

He may be at the peak of his powers in the contract stakes but he made his position clear some months ago and (for me) that was disrespectful to the club (and supporters) that have treated him well for many years

He effectively said "I'm off! But in the event City go up, I might decide to stay!"

Committed players only for the battles ahead at Neil Warnock's Cardiff City! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

100% Agree with everything. I'll be worried if Hoilett doesn't put pen to paper within the week.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:05 pm

Isnt there an actual deadline where the club have to release a player who is out of contract? or is it they just have to offer them a deal. Im guessing that's the delay in not announcing the retained list yet.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:06 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Sven wrote:Personally would like Junior Hoilett to stay but the signs are not good, which surprises me given the Bluebirds can offer him Premier League football and also his footballing relationship with Neil Warnock. He has come on leaps and bounds in his time at the CCS

100% Agree with everything. I'll be worried if Hoilett doesn't put pen to paper within the week.

Liam, I would be very disappointed too! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:15 pm

Just my thoughts on this matter. my initial reaction to this was players loyalty,then I thought deeper, unless these players become coaches they have very short careers,heroes often become villains ,I wonder who amongst you out there would not look to their own interest if they were in their shoes.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:17 pm

Carlossus wrote:Just my thoughts on this matter. my initial reaction to this was players loyalty,then I thought deeper, unless these players become coaches they have very short careers,heroes often become villains ,I wonder who amongst you out there would not look to their own interest if they were in their shoes.

The issue is, Hoilett is no better than a mid table prem player.
We've just gone up & he'd be one of the first three current players on the team sheet.
If all goes pear-shaped next season then I understand him leaving but why now!?

Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:35 pm

Carlossus wrote:Just my thoughts on this matter. my initial reaction to this was players loyalty,then I thought deeper, unless these players become coaches they have very short careers,heroes often become villains ,I wonder who amongst you out there would not look to their own interest if they were in their shoes.

We've just gone up & he'd be one of the first three current players on the team sheet.

my sentiments are the same as yours maybe someones coming in with more money

Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:37 pm

Again, I agree! All seems a little odd under the circumstances but hopefully soon sorted and we know Neil Warnock won't take any messing from any players who isn't committed to this club! :thumbright:

Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:45 pm

Sven wrote:

Again, I agree! All seems a little odd under the circumstances but hopefully soon sorted and we know Neil Warnock won't take any messing from any players who isn't committed to this club! :thumbright:

He'll probably return from Canada and sign - He seems happy here and Warnock said he agreed it verbally.
Probably us lot panicking over nothing :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:57 pm

Sven wrote:

He'll probably return from Canada and sign - He seems happy here and Warnock said he agreed it verbally.

I understand his contract runs out of 30th June? :?

If correct, maybe missing a pay day in July might sharpen his mind! :thumbright: :laughing6:

Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:58 pm

Sven wrote:
Sven wrote:

I understand his contract runs out of 30th June? :?

If correct, maybe missing a pay day in July might sharpen his mind! :thumbright: :laughing6:

He probably wouldn't even realise!!!

Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:44 pm

I was talking with Jamie Kemble who has interviewed Warnock.

Warnock was very confident that Hoilett will sign.

I didn’t ask about Gunner tbh.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:49 pm

norms76 wrote:I was talking with Jamie Kemble who has interviewed Warnock.

damn, jamies moved up in the world!

Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:16 pm

Feel we need Hoilett to sign, we won’t find much better with our budget.

Gunnarsson can go.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:20 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
norms76 wrote:I was talking with Jamie Kemble who has interviewed Warnock.

damn, jamies moved up in the world!

He was on Blakeys boot room podcast the other day, so he must be moving up. :lol: