Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Aron Gunnarsson and Junior Hoilett '

Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:34 pm

Sven wrote:Personally would like Junior Hoilett to stay but the signs are not good, which surprises me given the Bluebirds can offer him Premier League football and also his footballing relationship with Neil Warnock. He has come on leaps and bounds in his time at the CCS

I'm sure he has options but I thought he was settled here? :?

Gunnarsson for me can go with my genuine thanks for his efforts! :wave:

Don't dislike him as a player. He's been good for City, although I think he actually 'unbalanced' the team when he came back late season and we hit a bad run of results.

He may be at the peak of his powers in the contract stakes but he made his position clear some months ago and (for me) that was disrespectful to the club (and supporters) that have treated him well for many years

He effectively said "I'm off! But in the event City go up, I might decide to stay!"

Really? :shock: I don't think so! :(

Committed players only for the battles ahead at Neil Warnock's Cardiff City! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Chris, can’t speak for Gunnarsson but have no fear regarding Hoilett. He’ll sign.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:40 pm

Isn't both of them in the world cup shop window...Agent asking them to hold out for better offers. Theres no loyalty in footy ..and that's from both sides.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:53 pm

Dicey wrote:Isn't both of them in the world cup shop window...Agent asking them to hold out for better offers. Theres no loyalty in footy ..and that's from both sides.

correct..only some people are narrow minded.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:57 pm

dogfound wrote:
Dicey wrote:Isn't both of them in the world cup shop window...Agent asking them to hold out for better offers. Theres no loyalty in footy ..and that's from both sides.

I didn’t think Canada made it? Iceland and Gunnar’s for sure.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:06 pm

FloridaBluebird wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I didn’t think Canada made it? Iceland and Gunnar’s for sure.

yes your right about the WC, my remark was more to do with no loyalty both ways though..if you want players to be around 10 years double their money and give them 10 year contracts...if not just accept how it is..the gunk gunners gets on here for a second hand remark is off the wall

Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:33 pm

Gunnar isn't going to sign as his contract is up when he is at the world cup and to be honest lets have players who are 100% committed like last season and not someone who isn't going to sign.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:52 pm

Would like them both to sign. A bit if patience, itll be fine.

Anyhow - as much as i like Hoilett, he's hardly set the world on fire until this season.

If either stays, NW will be making signings to cover both positions and fister more competition.

If both move on, thats more wage budget.

I trust warnock, it'll all sort itself out. For me retainung the spine of etheride, mozza, ralls and kenny is more important.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:43 pm

I think we may lose both of them to be honest

Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:35 pm

Don't think anybody from prem would come in for hoilett and the other 2 that came up would not want him his only option would be us in prem,stay in championship,or if he' s on the move abroad i'd be shocked if he left and if he did we need to start moving a bit quicker stoke winger shaqiri would fit the bill

Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:48 pm

If we all think about G & H’s position - of course they are going to go off on vacation and wait for the best deal. Presumably, when their contract runs out (June) they would even get a sign on bonus from us. Why would they sign now when new players could arrive eclipsing their contracts? Hoilett has been one of our top performers last season, despite the late dip in form so I’m sure he feels he should earn similar to the quality players coming in.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:46 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:Gunnar isn't going to sign as his contract is up when he is at the world cup and to be honest lets have players who are 100% committed like last season and not someone who isn't going to sign.

whether he is here next season or not i dont think anyone can doubt his commitment.
his very last act this season just gone..injured and down struggled half to his feet stretched and kicked the ball our ensuring Hull did not get possession .

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:09 pm

dogfound wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:Gunnar isn't going to sign as his contract is up when he is at the world cup and to be honest lets have players who are 100% committed like last season and not someone who isn't going to sign.

whether he is here next season or not i dont think anyone can doubt his commitment.
his very last act this season just gone..injured and down struggled half to his feet stretched and kicked the ball our ensuring Hull did not get possession .

Well said

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:17 pm

Always Blue wrote:I think we may lose both of them to be honest

Not a chance.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:41 pm

dogfound wrote:

I should have said, committed for next season :thumbup:

Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:35 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:
dogfound wrote:

i think if he signs he will be commited as he has been since he first signed..we did actually sign him after he ran down his contract with Coventry {who were keen to keep him but did not have our financial clout at that time }..and so the football wheel turns...
i think some players give their all no matter what colour shirt or badge..others dont.i think he is in the first group.
is he good enough , can we get better value ,have we had the best of him as injuries catch up with him are i think bigger concerns.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:20 pm

dogfound wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:
dogfound wrote:

i think if he signs he will be commited as he has been since he first signed..we did actually sign him after he ran down his contract with Coventry {who were keen to keep him but did not have our financial clout at that time }..and so the football wheel turns...
i think some players give their all no matter what colour shirt or badge..others dont.i think he is in the first group.
is he good enough , can we get better value ,have we had the best of him as injuries catch up with him are i think bigger concerns.

To be fair to him he has to give his all as that's his game, he doesn't have a lot more to it.

Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:37 pm

Igovernor wrote:Annis my take on this week to sign was just paper talk, when you offer someone a contract you have to give them time to accept or refuse it, putting a time limit of a few days is not the way it is done, and personally I do not think Warnock would have put a time limit of a few days, a time limit yes but not that time frame, but what do i know :laughing6:

I think they were given a week which is more than a few days