Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: VILLA ON BRINK

Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:57 am

I was one of the ones who laughed when people were saying Zohore was worth £20 million, not in a disrespectful way but I just couldn't see it, there was a thread on here, something like 'would you sell Zohore for £20 Million in the summer'.

Bare in mind this was on the back of ONE good run at the time and previous to that he had been bang average, people rated him like they do Fred, said he was shite, then he goes on one good run and bang he's worth £20 Million.

Crazy.

I think he's got the potential to be worth it, but he's coming up to 25 now and needs to do it on a top level and for Denmark even.

The market is inflated for top top players but you can still pick up players at decent prices, Everton picked up Tosun for £27 Million, there's a guy who was on his way to back to back 20 goals a season, has done in at International Level and in the Champions League.

Another one Everton picked up, Wallcott for £20 Million, International proven Premier League player still in his 20's.

I don't know enough about Grealish but Liverpool only paid £35 Million for Oxlade-Chamberlain, an England International with over 100 Premier League Games under his belt, I think you would be looking at £20 Million tops with some add on's for Gealish and even less for Zohore, these boys are not in the same League as those mentioned above for example, yet anyway.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:21 am

bluebird58 wrote:Grealish is clearly a very talented player. But is anyone going to risk £40m on someone so injury prone? It was mentioned in the commentary of our game at Villa Park that he was starting his 10th consecutive game [i]for the first time![i].

Even in this age of ridiculous money, that’s one hell of a gamble. He’s not good enough for a top 6 Premier League side, and I think the only other team previously gullible enough to spend £40m on a player was Everton, who got their fingers badly burned with Sigurdsson who they bought at above value. He’s a younger version of Jack Wilshire- talented but fragile.

We all have rose tinted glasses when it comes to our own players, but I haven’t yet found a non-Villa fan who doesn’t think he falls over too easily. He really needs to grow up.

In fairness, he does get kicked a lot so will face injuries.

Although with a face and attitude like his can you blame people for kicking him?

It is a good point, he will probably have a relatively short career, so no one is going to risk over spending money on him, unless they are stupid.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:33 am

I don't think that Villa are "On The Brink" but they have arrived at a crossroads and the owner has stated that the club MUST now face up to the realities of FFP.

So for me they WILL now have to try and raise money, by player sales, and as we know that is not as easy as it sounds. Take just 3 of their players, Micah Richards, Ross MacCormack and Henri Lansbury none are exactly 1st choice players but are costing the club £150k per week in wages. These players have contracts that have between 1 and 3 years and, if they cannot be moved on this summer, will cost Villa over £8m, including national insurance costs, which will eat up over 50% of their final parachute payment.

Who really believes that clubs will be falling over themselves to pay a fee for any of those or be willing to pay them between the £40-50k per week that Villa are? We know full well that it's not easy to move on players who are on silly wages and our club, like many before us, ended up paying players, and their agents, big bags of money to buy up their contracts.

I've mentioned just 3 players but there are many more on £35k+ per week, Scott Hogan is one what is he worth today? and how many clubs will be willing to match his salary?

In my opinion that's the size of the task facing Villa this summer and I for one don't envy them.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:44 am

castleblue wrote:I don't think that Villa are "On The Brink" but they have arrived at a crossroads and the owner has stated that the club MUST now face up to the realities of FFP.

So for me they WILL now have to try and raise money, by player sales, and as we know that is not as easy as it sounds. Take just 3 of their players, Micah Richards, Ross MacCormack and Henri Lansbury none are exactly 1st choice players but are costing the club £150k per week in wages. These players have contracts that have between 1 and 3 years and, if they cannot be moved on this summer, will cost Villa over £8m, including national insurance costs, which will eat up over 50% of their final parachute payment.

Who really believes that clubs will be falling over themselves to pay a fee for any of those or be willing to pay them between the £40-50k per week that Villa are? We know full well that it's not easy to move on players who are on silly wages and our club, like many before us, ended up paying players, and their agents, big bags of money to buy up their contracts.

I've mentioned just 3 players but there are many more on £35k+ per week, Scott Hogan is one what is he worth today? and how many clubs will be willing to match his salary?

In my opinion that's the size of the task facing Villa this summer and I for one don't envy them.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I rate Lansbury highly and I think he could be offloaded easily.
McCormack and Richards on the other hand.... I'd be worried if I were them.
AV3 knows FFP and the championship more than any of us though :shock:

Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:19 am

Sven wrote:
AV3 wrote:
Sven wrote:Quote (the Troll): "Invites the no nonsense, "men are men" Cardiff defenders to try to tackle him - Works every time :thumbup: " (Unquote)

Ah, so you FINALLY admit Grealish is deliberate and calculated in his antics! :thumbright: :clap:

Good on you! I bet that's a weight off your mind! :clap: :occasion5:

Can see some of your other points, too and as I said, the thread wasn't about winding up the Villa. Shame you couldn't resist the odd 'pop' at some responses in the same spirit! :(

There you go, adding value again in good old time honoured "drama queen" tradition. Inviting a defender to commit himself is exactly what skillful players want them to do. That isn't deliberate or calculated - It's how you get past a defender. Have you ever actually played football?

As for resisting the odd pop, I think it's way past that now don't you? There's been months of "odd pops" about Grealish yet it has never seemed to bother you. The minute the "odd pops" are aimed at Cardiff, I'm a troll, etc, etc :sleepy2:

Quote (the narcissistic troll who thinks this Forum is all about him): "but the Carephilly bloke has taken it upon himself to be one of my stalkers. He follows me around this forum like a lapdog"

Answer me a question: Which part of it's YOU that is stalking another club's Forum can't you comprehend? :?

What with you being a pretend Aston Villa fan (for now) and not a Cardiff City fan, anyone with a logical mind will deduce that YOU are actually the 'stalker' with no real purpose here, so it naturally follows YOU are a Troll ;) :ayatollah:
I'll give you one thing Troll, you can't half 'twist' things to meet your strange agenda on here! :thumbright: :clap:

You seem to have forgotten this is a Cardiff City FC forum and (this will probably shock you) NOT the 'Aston Villa According to AV3' Forum, so it's not unlikely that its proper members will have a 'pop' at other clubs and their players! :roll:

Nothing you say bothers me to be honest. Your fantasist views, the name-calling, the inaccuracies about people you have never net, the pretence of being someone/something you are not and the inability to see what you really are, a troll; which is why I can be measured in my responses without resorting to the frustrated, inane, immature and desperado bile that your current 'character' spouts!

You've twisted another thread and made it about you (something you always do) and the sad thing is you think you don't 'bite' or react churlishly! NOT MUCH! ;) :lol: :lol:

Your post reinforces my claims that you are the forums serial misunderstander. You seem to have some kind of mental defect whereby you think you know what others are thinking based purely on their internet posts. It is a form of paranoia.

I post on subjects concerning Aston Villa, which happens to be my favourite topic of conversation. I don't care whether this is on the Cardiff forum or the womens institute forum. Posting about my favourite topic is not stalking anyone. Unlike you and a few others who follow me around this forum wherever I post.

I find it ironic that you accuse me of turning it into another thread about me (another example of your twisted, Schizophrenic mindset). You then go on to write an essay about yourself (as usual) and bore us all to death about your style of posting and what bothers you. For someone who claims not to be bothered, you certainly spend a good portion of your sorry life telling us this.

No doubt my response to your latest essay will be claimed as me biting and acting churlishly. That's the best you've got isn't it?

Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:32 pm

AV3 wrote:
Sven wrote:
AV3 wrote:
Sven wrote:Quote (the Troll): "Invites the no nonsense, "men are men" Cardiff defenders to try to tackle him - Works every time :thumbup: " (Unquote)

Ah, so you FINALLY admit Grealish is deliberate and calculated in his antics! :thumbright: :clap:

Can see some of your other points, too and as I said, the thread wasn't about winding up the Villa. Shame you couldn't resist the odd 'pop' at some responses in the same spirit! :(

There you go, adding value again in good old time honoured "drama queen" tradition. Inviting a defender to commit himself is exactly what skillful players want them to do. That isn't deliberate or calculated - It's how you get past a defender. Have you ever actually played football?

As for resisting the odd pop, I think it's way past that now don't you? There's been months of "odd pops" about Grealish yet it has never seemed to bother you. The minute the "odd pops" are aimed at Cardiff, I'm a troll, etc, etc :sleepy2:

Quote (the narcissistic troll who thinks this Forum is all about him): "but the Carephilly bloke has taken it upon himself to be one of my stalkers. He follows me around this forum like a lapdog"

Answer me a question: Which part of it's YOU that is stalking another club's Forum can't you comprehend? :?

What with you being a pretend Aston Villa fan (for now) and not a Cardiff City fan, anyone with a logical mind will deduce that YOU are actually the 'stalker' with no real purpose here, so it naturally follows YOU are a Troll ;) :ayatollah:
I'll give you one thing Troll, you can't half 'twist' things to meet your strange agenda on here! :thumbright: :clap:

You seem to have forgotten this is a Cardiff City FC forum and (this will probably shock you) NOT the 'Aston Villa According to AV3' Forum, so it's not unlikely that its proper members will have a 'pop' at other clubs and their players! :roll:

Nothing you say bothers me to be honest. Your fantasist views, the name-calling, the inaccuracies about people you have never net, the pretence of being someone/something you are not and the inability to see what you really are, a troll; which is why I can be measured in my responses without resorting to the frustrated, inane, immature and desperado bile that your current 'character' spouts!

You've twisted another thread and made it about you (something you always do) and the sad thing is you think you don't 'bite' or react churlishly! NOT MUCH! ;) :lol: :lol:

Your post reinforces my claims that you are the forums serial misunderstander. You seem to have some kind of mental defect whereby you think you know what others are thinking based purely on their internet posts. It is a form of paranoia.

I post on subjects concerning Aston Villa, which happens to be my favourite topic of conversation. I don't care whether this is on the Cardiff forum or the womens institute forum. Posting about my favourite topic is not stalking anyone. Unlike you and a few others who follow me around this forum wherever I post.

I find it ironic that you accuse me of turning it into another thread about me (another example of your twisted, Schizophrenic mindset). You then go on to write an essay about yourself (as usual) and bore us all to death about your style of posting and what bothers you. For someone who claims not to be bothered, you certainly spend a good portion of your sorry life telling us this.

No doubt my response to your latest essay will be claimed as me biting and acting churlishly. That's the best you've got isn't it?

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:

Fair do's fella, another 'bite' and you do like to twist things around like they were your own thoughts! :oops:

Can't stay long; I have a life away from this CARDIFF CITY FC Forum but I will point out your own words above

Quote 1: "You seem to have some kind of mental defect whereby you think you know what others are thinking based purely on their internet posts"

Quote 2: "your twisted, Schizophrenic mindset"

Really? :shock: Now who is presuming to know the mental state of others? :?

You should be truly embarrassed with those words given there are real people with such issues out there! :oops:

As previously stated, I don't know you as a person to make such judgements but your choice of words certainly leave room for the imagination to play with!

Personally, I'm comfortable from our exchanges on here in the knowledge that I'm streets ahead of you in intellect, respect to others and decency and I would never descend myself to the depths that your characters appear to be prepared to go just to retaliate when you can't respond with anything of worth! :oops:

You're a Troll, AV3...and an obvious one at that! :oops:

Nothing you write or say will change that. You will continue to hide behind your keyboard trolling away (either in this name or others) and you'll keep 'biting' because you don't like being contradicted or picked up on what you say!

I'm sure even the Women's Institute Forum you write on gives you a run for your money! ;) :laughing6: :laughing6:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:34 pm

Sven wrote:
AV3 wrote:
Sven wrote:
AV3 wrote:

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:

Fair do's fella, another 'bite' and you do like to twist things around like they were your own thoughts! :oops:

Can't stay long; I have a life away from this CARDIFF CITY FC Forum but I will point out your own words above

Quote 1: "You seem to have some kind of mental defect whereby you think you know what others are thinking based purely on their internet posts"

Quote 2: "your twisted, Schizophrenic mindset"

Really? :shock: Now who is presuming to know the mental state of others? :?

You should be truly embarrassed with those words given there are real people with such issues out there! :oops:

As previously stated, I don't know you as a person to make such judgements but your choice of words certainly leave room for the imagination to play with!

Personally, I'm comfortable from our exchanges on here in the knowledge that I'm streets ahead of you in intellect, respect to others and decency and I would never descend myself to the depths that your characters appear to be prepared to go just to retaliate when you can't respond with anything of worth! :oops:

You're a Troll, AV3...and an obvious one at that! :oops:

Nothing you write or say will change that. You will continue to hide behind your keyboard trolling away (either in this name or others) and you'll keep 'biting' because you don't like being contradicted or picked up on what you say!

I'm sure even the Women's Institute Forum you write on gives you a run for your money! ;) :laughing6: :laughing6:

Sven, You're not well mate! AV4 said so it must be true :laughing5:

Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:05 pm

And so the circle continues to turn. The boards serial misunderstander thinks he's shown more intellect because he hasn't called boring redneck divs (ahem) boring redneck divs. In his own skewed little world, he probably believes this to be true as well.

As for respect and decency, as I'm afforded none whatsoever, I'm hardly likely to extend that good will to others am I?

I have to regularly suffer Sven's long and tedious essays, droning about himself and childish references to me being a troll. If I respond, it's deemed to be biting. Oh to be "picked up" on things and wound up by the maestro eh? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sven is the most clueless, boring poster on here by a country mile. I'd imagine any poor soul stuck on a night out with him would be slashing their wrists after 20 minutes. The mind boggles at what his "life" may be like away from this forum.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:27 pm

Its like a playground on here mun.

Come on lads, enough is enough now, draw a line and move on?

Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:41 pm

Point taken and line drawn.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:42 pm

AV3 wrote:Point taken and line drawn.

Fair Play :thumbup:

Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:58 pm

The amount of times this club has been on the brink in the past decade is unreal yet managed to still be the most successful period of it's history.

Championship proves one thing. It takes one good season to get promoted and that can come from anywhere. Villa will still attract good players due to the club. So I can't see them imploding.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:22 pm

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/ ... g-14747840

Uh oh, Aston Villa could be served with a winding up order - as Keith Wyness is suspended.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:01 pm

Oh dear me , winding up order.
We've been there , not a nice place to be.
But Villa will be ok , once they stop paying JT £80,000 a week , only 3 more pay days left in June, just under a 1/4 of a million pound left to pay him .
He was worth every penny ;)

Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:57 pm

nojac wrote:Oh dear me , winding up order.
We've been there , not a nice place to be.
But Villa will be ok , once they stop paying JT £80,000 a week , only 3 more pay days left in June, just under a 1/4 of a million pound left to pay him .
He was worth every penny ;)

It's going to take a lot more than that I'm afraid.

It will be interesting to see how they are going to offload the likes of Lansbury and McCormack who both are on high wages. Their best bet will be to loan out therefore reducing the burden. I just can't see anyone taking those 2 on at the same rates. Of course there is the chance they could take a cut.

Of course none of this will matter if they don't sort out the HMRC. I can see a quick fire sell coming their way. I'm told Grealish will be their last option. Well they might not have an option here as time is not on their side.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:32 pm

I've got to be honest, although it may not be popular I'm afraid, but I wish people wouldn't keep on having a pop at AV3. He's not a troll, he obviously just likes talking football and unfortunately the abuse towards him has been largely one way traffic. He's obviously been trying to defend his club which I'm sure each and every one of us would do if we were getting grief on another forum.

He's nowhere near a problem like we have had with a certain Jack poster so please let's give the guy a chance and engage in constructive dialogue with him. No matter what we think of Villa or Grealish, Terry or whoever, the guy does contribute some interesting threads. So come on, let bygones be bygones :occasion5:

Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:04 pm

City Slicker wrote:I've got to be honest, although it may not be popular I'm afraid, but I wish people wouldn't keep on having a pop at AV3. He's not a troll, he obviously just likes talking football and unfortunately the abuse towards him has been largely one way traffic. He's obviously been trying to defend his club which I'm sure each and every one of us would do if we were getting grief on another forum.

He's nowhere near a problem like we have had with a certain Jack poster so please let's give the guy a chance and engage in constructive dialogue with him. No matter what we think of Villa or Grealish, Terry or whoever, the guy does contribute some interesting threads. So come on, let bygones be bygones :occasion5:

:ayatollah:

Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:30 pm

RV Casual wrote:I was one of the ones who laughed when people were saying Zohore was worth £20 million, not in a disrespectful way but I just couldn't see it, there was a thread on here, something like 'would you sell Zohore for £20 Million in the summer'.

Bare in mind this was on the back of ONE good run at the time and previous to that he had been bang average, people rated him like they do Fred, said he was shite, then he goes on one good run and bang he's worth £20 Million.

Crazy.

I think he's got the potential to be worth it, but he's coming up to 25 now and needs to do it on a top level and for Denmark even.

The market is inflated for top top players but you can still pick up players at decent prices, Everton picked up Tosun for £27 Million, there's a guy who was on his way to back to back 20 goals a season, has done in at International Level and in the Champions League.

Another one Everton picked up, Wallcott for £20 Million, International proven Premier League player still in his 20's.

I don't know enough about Grealish but Liverpool only paid £35 Million for Oxlade-Chamberlain, an England International with over 100 Premier League Games under his belt, I think you would be looking at £20 Million tops with some add on's for Gealish and even less for Zohore, these boys are not in the same League as those mentioned above for example, yet anyway.

I remember posting about Zorhore last year saying I thought he was worth £5m and you laughed at that. Warnock has said the board this season turned down a significant offer from Brighton and Hove Albion , believed to be in excess of £12m ( rising to £15m) which he was very thankfull for. If he scores 12 goals this season his value will indeed be in excess of the figure offered by the seagulls.

Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:16 am

Hes a troll i know the guy hes from maesteg

Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:26 am

stephendavid wrote:Hes a troll i know the guy hes from maesteg

Surely not why would someone make such an effort to be a supporter from another club :lol:

Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:23 am

BobbyBlue wrote:

Surely not why would someone make such an effort to be a supporter from another club :lol:

I know him butt

Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:29 am

stephendavid wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:

I know him butt

Its StephenDavid using a different account so he can talk to himself :laughing5:

Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:37 am

Mr Ducie wrote:
RV Casual wrote:I was one of the ones who laughed when people were saying Zohore was worth £20 million, not in a disrespectful way but I just couldn't see it, there was a thread on here, something like 'would you sell Zohore for £20 Million in the summer'.

Crazy.

I remember posting about Zorhore last year saying I thought he was worth £5m and you laughed at that. Warnock has said the board this season turned down a significant offer from Brighton and Hove Albion , believed to be in excess of £12m ( rising to £15m) which he was very thankfull for. If he scores 12 goals this season his value will indeed be in excess of the figure offered by the seagulls.

Can't see him scoring many. He is averaging just under 4 goals a year since turning professional. Next season he will be playing against defenders who are in the main a class above most that he has faced so far. His scoring record is not exactly brilliant, and I'm not sure where the optimism comes from that he can finally start scoring at the highest level. He may be able to do a half decent job for us as he has other strengths to his game, but if we are relying on his goals to keep us up, we may struggle a bit. I think we need a proven goal scorer to help him out up front.

Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:02 am

Villa on Brink to AV3 living in Maesteg to Zohore.

Awesome.

Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:05 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Villa on Brink to AV3 living in Maesteg to Zohore.

Awesome.

Ha ha, it's like the Tory rail network

Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:15 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
stephendavid wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:

I know him butt

Its StephenDavid using a different account so he can talk to himself :laughing5:

Get back to work lansbury you oddball lol

Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:19 am

stephendavid wrote:
stephendavid wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:

I know him butt

I asked you how Leeds was the other day as I was just wondering how the trip went for the boxing :lol: :thumbup:

Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:29 am

stephendavid wrote:
stephendavid wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:

I know him butt

:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:58 am

AV3 wrote:

Everyone draws inferences from what individuals post on message boards there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. If you believe the inference Chris has deduced is wrong then you have the right to reply, but surely you can do that without the silly petty name calling.

Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:04 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Can't see him scoring many. He is averaging just under 4 goals a year since turning professional. Next season he will be playing against defenders who are in the main a class above most that he has faced so far. His scoring record is not exactly brilliant, and I'm not sure where the optimism comes from that he can finally start scoring at the highest level. He may be able to do a half decent job for us as he has other strengths to his game, but if we are relying on his goals to keep us up, we may struggle a bit. I think we need a proven goal scorer to help him out up front.

I remember NW stating that Ken Z's red streak in early 2017 was down to him being 'our secret weapon' i.e. no-one knew anything about him.

I can see that being replicated at least for the first few months of next season where I think he will nick a few.

That said your probably right about him being the season long solution but I'm not sure where we will find a proven goal scorer on our budget.