Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: VILLA ON BRINK

Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:11 pm

Sven wrote:This is not a 'dig' at Aston Villa. Despite their current woes, they are a 'big' club that I have a lot of time for :thumbright:

Reading the above, it just made me think about the perils of 'modern' football and the fine lines that exit between deemed 'success' and 'failure'

We've seen it in the positive this season with our own Cardiff City :ayatollah:

Villa are an example of it going the other way in the negative fashion; and (thanks to the play-off lottery) all for the sake of a single goal in a single game :shock:

For me, Randy Lerner started the decline and I don't know too much about Dr Xia or what he's actually changed for better or worse at Villa Park (always a great place to go)

I just hope they sort it out and Steve Bruce (a City-style manager and I'd have him here in the future) gets the opportunity to challenge again next season. Villa should be in the Premier League but they have to earn the right

Steve Bruce is the man to have in charge (partly for for continuity sake) and I wish them the best of luck :ayatollah:

There are lesson's to be learned from Villa's (and our) past experiences. I saw a post the other day which stated "£12m is peanuts". It may seem so now we are just about to receive £100m in TV money but it could be a FFP breaker 3 years down the line if we were to return to the Championship and have expensive contracts to honour.

Now is the time to be prudent with an eye on the future. We simply can't throw £12m about as if it is spare change or sign a has been like John Terry on silly money.

The Burnley model is the way to go and thank goodness the club seem to think the same.

Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:23 pm

Honestly I’d rather us have some 100% players that don’t break the bank. Fight to survive but if we don’t - go down with their heads held high and a proud club being sustained for years rather than have to have a fire sale to bring the wages down. Decimate a squad and have years of uncertainty.
Fix the roof when the sun shines as the saying goes.

Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:49 pm

The way things are going it could read AV3 on the brink