Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gareth Bale wants to play for Cardiff

Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:58 pm

I work with someone who is very good friends with Bale. Gareth’s said that he would like to play for Cardiff before he retires. Now obviously this won’t be in the near future. However, Bale has decided that he will play for Cardiff before he retires.

It may be a 34 year old Bale. Still something to look forward to in my opinion.

Edit: This heavily depends on us staying in the Premier League, as you would expect.

Re: Gareth Bale wants to play for Cardiff

Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:01 pm

Otis wrote:I work with someone who is very good friends with Bale. Gareth’s said that he would like to play for Cardiff before he retires. Now obviously this won’t be in the near future. However, Bale has decided that he will play for Cardiff before he retires.

Edit: This heavily depends on us staying in the Premier League, as you would expect.

Imagine Bale at 34... he gets enough injuries now :laughing5:

Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:19 pm

I'd love that! Even if he was 44!

Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:26 pm

Not sure why, he grew up supporting Arsenal.

Then again, Craig Bellamy has always been a Liverpool fan and joined us.

Would be good to see him play for us one day, but can’t see it - although his Uncle did play for us.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:16 pm

Someone tell him there's no time like the present.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:27 pm

I think after everything I've read on this forum over the last couple of weeks, he will have to join a very big queue. ;)

Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:25 pm

That's great news. May as well join us now if he is serious about playing every minute :occasion5: :bluescarf:

Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:25 pm

f**k sake, he will be older than my great, great granny by the time we can afford him :laughing6:

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:16 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Not sure why, he grew up supporting Arsenal.

Then again, Craig Bellamy has always been a Liverpool fan and joined us.

Would be good to see him play for us one day, but can’t see it - although his Uncle did play for us.

He grew up in Cardiff, his wife is as Cardiff as they come. He loves the city and always comes back whenever he can. He has no allegiance to the club, but he loves the city and wants to come home. Imagine him and Ramsey (another who's never hidden his love for the club) wearing the bluebird together.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:33 am

The shirt sales would be ridiculous

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:34 am

Where would he fit in? Can’t see how he would get him in the team with Hoilett, Murphy & NML :laughing6:

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:41 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Where would he fit in? Can’t see how he would get him in the team with Hoilett, Murphy & NML :laughing6:

I guess we could ask him to fill in at right back? When jazz is injured?

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:01 am

Didn’t Giggs say the same thing. Not going to happen.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:35 am

Bale to buy catdiff city in the furture ? :lol:

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:13 am

Not sure about this story aswhen he was growing up he never had any time for Cardiff City, never a fan of his home town club .

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:19 am

I think this is all crap. If the guy really wanted to play for his hometown club he'd play right now. How many more millions does he need to have enough and couldn't he live on £50k a week?

Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:48 pm

Bonner wrote:Not sure about this story aswhen he was growing up he never had any time for Cardiff City, never a fan of his home town club .

He has also matured and grown up since those days.
Completely different club since the days DJs thought he was too small.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:49 pm

City Slicker wrote:I think this is all crap. If the guy really wanted to play for his hometown club he'd play right now. How many more millions does he need to have enough and couldn't he live on £50k a week?

Would you turn down 250k a week to live closer to home? Come on mate.

I'd work in Yemen for that money

Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:32 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:I think this is all crap. If the guy really wanted to play for his hometown club he'd play right now. How many more millions does he need to have enough and couldn't he live on £50k a week?

I might if I was already a very wealthy man and could still earn £50K a week moving forward. Money is important but it's not the only thing in life.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:40 pm

With the wingers we've got, would he get in the team?

Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:17 pm

Great to hear but in the modern game, it's easier said than done! ;)

Would be fantastic if it happened though! :clap: :notworthy: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:58 pm

Was Bale ever offered in place in our Academy? Playing for his home club must have been better than going to Southampton?

Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:31 pm

Bonner wrote:Not sure about this story aswhen he was growing up he never had any time for Cardiff City, never a fan of his home town club .

Did he not go regularly to watch his u for play for Cardiff So to say he had no interest is not correct

Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:56 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:

Absolutely I would to play for the fabulous Cardiff City, particularly if I was already a rich b*stard

Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:17 pm

City Slicker wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:

Absolutely I would to play for the fabulous Cardiff City, particularly if I was already a rich b*stard

If and buts though. You don't stay rich if you reject 200k a week.
His out goings will be sky high aswell.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:49 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:Was Bale ever offered in place in our Academy? Playing for his home club must have been better than going to Southampton?

you can't knock the saints academy or the club giving him first team games at 16. You think it was a wrong move?

Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:50 pm

City Slicker wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:

not sure its just about money...most players want to play at as high a level as they can , win as many trophies/ score as many goals as they can...players did this when there was a maximum wage and generally its the same at parks level right through to the champions league...the money is pride and sort of a trophy in iteslf ..if dai is on 30 quid i want to be on 30 quid too type thing..

Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:30 pm

It obviously worked out for him at Southampton but I just wondered if we offered him a place in our academy, Bellamy says in his book how he was homesick when he went to Norwich as a teenager and he wasn’t offered a place at Cardiff?

Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:36 pm

Otis wrote:I work with someone who is very good friends with Bale. Gareth’s said that he would like to play for Cardiff before he retires. Now obviously this won’t be in the near future. However, Bale has decided that he will play for Cardiff before he retires.

I wonder if he would consider early retirement

Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:05 pm

Would love to see it, Bellamy did, Bale loves Cardiff unlike Giggs, I mean the City, but you never know, if we stay in the top league, you never know, however unlikely it may seem :thumbup: